Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any really good Health Food stores in Dublin?

Options
  • 09-11-2008 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

I can only find little ones like the Hop Sack in Rathmines.
    In county Galway they have Evergreen, which is good, but is there an equivalent in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

nourish on wicklow st and liffey st (the street that runs onto the haypenny bridge towards jervis)

nourish is the closest thing to evergreen in galway, they store alot of the same products, also holland and barrett in the ilac centre, its at the back entrance to ilac centre which goes onto parnell st.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

We have loads of threads about health food shops...

The Health Store: http://www.thehealthstore.ie/page.php?intPageID=4 Pretty packed with a good range, but pricier than Galway by far. I have ventured to the ones in Stillorgan, Blacrock and Dundrum, but there are plenty of others.

Nourish on Wicklow Street (beside Cornucopia) and other places around the centre, but generally smaller than the health store.
    http://www.nourish.ie/?ncat=22

Health Matters on the bottom of Grafton St has a few things, but no fridge/freezer food. They also have a shop on the main street in Bray, which does some chilled goods. http://www.locallink.ie/view.php?i=145151

Natures Gold in Greystones is a gem if you are ever out that way; it's right next to the DART station. Gives you an excuse to venture out to the Happy Pear (veggie cafe) and there is an eco-shop nearly opposite to the cafe.

And I recently ventured to Breathe at Mount Usher Gardens in Ashford, Co. Wicklow. I know none of you are likely to be passing, but they are a small shop with a range of health foods, inc. my favourite oatmilk at the best price I've ever seen. They also have the biggest range of lavera products which I've seen on the East coast of Ireland, though a little pricey compared to Evergreen. And they have a new range of household products (window cleaner etc.) called Attitude, which you might choose over E-cover, though I don't know their policies...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

nourish on wicklow st and liffey st (the street that runs onto the haypenny bridge towards jervis)

nourish is the closest thing to evergreen in galway, they store alot of the same products, also holland and barrett in the ilac centre, its at the back entrance to ilac centre which goes onto parnell st.
    And just a few days ago i noticed a Nourish store at the G.P.O. Arcade too, almost opposite Champion Sports:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tina235

I found this website www.revivebeauty.ie and they do some very well price food supplements. They also do 100% collagen capsules, i have to say I have tried them and they DO work..
    They do skincare and make-up also, the range is call proto-col..worth taking a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Also Down to Earth on Georges st.

Lots of good stuff in all the Oriental/Indian shops around town too. Cheaper tofu, lentils and spices in them. One on Georges St, behind Georges st and beside the Jervis Luas stop. Great Indian shop on Mary St too. Plus lots of smaller ones dotted around.

• Advertisement

Tina235 wrote: »
    I found this website www.revivebeauty.ie and they do some very well price food supplements. They also do 100% collagen capsules, i have to say I have tried them and they DO work..
    They do skincare and make-up also, the range is call proto-col..worth taking a look.

Doubt collagen is veggie in orgin.

There is a HUGE mark up on tofu products in Nourish etc in Dublin compared to my local.

Advertisement