Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW clear lights

Options
  • 09-11-2008 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend a supplier for a clear indicator lights set for a E46 BMW Saloon? Have priced them from a main dealer and was told about €500 + VAT. Has anyone come across them cheaper in Ireland / online?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I was looking at a spurious set the other day (E36 ones) that cost about 40 quid. the quality was good and you wouldn't notice the difference between them and the OEM ones to be honest, talk to a motor factors about picking up some.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You can defo get them cheaper at a factors.

One last thing. Looking at the images of the lights it appears you will be able to see the bulb.

I would suggest you purchase Osram Diadem bulbs to counteract the fried egg effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Thanks to all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I fitted spurious ones to a friends E46 saloon, and while they looked fine from the outside, the fit on the inside was crap. Try getting a decent brand at the very least if you're going to be cheap and not get the genuine ones - Depo and FK automotive are decent.

• Advertisement

Depo are the most common and best spurious make on the Irish market.

Where abouts in the country are you and I can direct you to the nearest stockist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

I'm from Roscommon but currently living in Dublin - spend a bit of time in Galway too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The In Pro brand (of spurious BMW lights) seem to be of good quality from what I have seen. I had a set on an e34. They were German made.
    Try:
    Otto in Raneleigh
    Motormec in UK
    BM Town in UK
    Cooks Ferry Eng
    C3 BMW in UK
    or for 2nd hand genuine items:
    Quarry Motors in UK

There are loads more places in the UK & they will all deliver to Ireland, I have used a few of above.

rosser44 wrote: »
    I'm from Roscommon but currently living in Dublin - spend a bit of time in Galway too.

Ring P R Reilly in Kilbarrack. They will have them for you at a good price.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice guys!!:)

Advertisement