Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats my m3 worth?

Options
  • 09-11-2008 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 M3 Coupe Manual, its silver with red heated electric memory leather seats, it has xenon lights, folding mirrors, sat nav, tv, harmon kardon sound system bluetooth phone 19" unmarked bmw alloys, it has perfect service history inc inspection one and inspection two all from bmw, problem is there is 110,000 miles on it but it is totally mint, never gave me one bit of trouble and has no wear or tear on it at all, you'd really wouldnt think there was half the miles on it, had it in the autotrader for a couple of weeks but no joy, what do you think it would be worth? Its ni reg and has a private plate on it also worth a few hundred included....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

NI private plates are worth nothing south of the border, just having it on NI/UK plates is a massive minus point on the car.
    I'm assuming of course, that you're selling in the republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Its worth what someone is wiling to pay for it. :D
    If there are 5 M3s on carzone at 50K each, and none sell in a month, then someone shifts one for 42k... than its worth circa 42k. Even if you paid 70k for your one.
    There is a lot of cars out there for sale at a price the seller thinks is the price it should be, but I think you will find its way too high.
    No one cares how much the seller paid, or how much its 'worth' to him... if they are not shifting at a certain average price, then that price is too high.
    Also, the NI reg is worth nothing down here, in fact it would make it more difficult to sell in the South cos we have to pay VRT at the 'old' Omsp(open market selling price)... which is way higher that the selling price of examples over the past 6 months.

Just my 2 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭DirtyOilBurner

Well it doesnt really bother me if the buyer is in the north or south i just want to sell it, why is it a problem if its ni reg? Ni cars do have way better spec, yes they wouldnt be able to use the private plate in the south but they could sell it in the north....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Well it doesnt really bother me if the buyer is in the north or south i just want to sell it, why is it a problem if its ni reg? Ni cars do have way better spec, yes they wouldnt be able to use the private plate in the south but they could sell it in the north....

You are clearly unaware of the VRT system in the REPUBLIC(south of what??).

You could end up paying around €000000's to make a car legal to drive on Republic roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

And in that case it's not worth 20K down here. Being honest, if the vrt is that high, the car has 110,000 miles... Wait,

Realistic, if i had to put a value on that, it would be advertising at 20, with a hope to get in and around 17-18. The proof is in the pudding. Half the mileage, vrt to be paid, and warranty all for a lovely sum of
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/WITH-BMW/200845190769926/advert

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

(south of what??)

The border. It runs in a mostly east-west line, which would make one side "The North" and the other side "The South" or "Mexico"

Yes that looks like a real genuine car alright. Enough said!

Well i was hoping to get about 18k euro for it??

Yes that looks like a real genuine car alright. Enough said!

Well i was hoping to get about 18k euro for it??

We're on the same boat so.

But do you think that is a good price? I think that is a really good price, im loosing my life on it at that, you can buy a warranty for a few hundred id nearly throw that in too :D:D

But do you think that is a good price? I think that is a really good price, im loosing my life on it at that, you can buy a warranty for a few hundred id nearly throw that in too :D:D

If you can get that, then it's a fair price. In the market, you might have to take a bit less. But at the end of the day, it is 04, so it has to be worth something. Why aren't you selling it up north?

• Advertisement

I am, i had it in the autotrader but all i was getting was time wasters, and test pilots, so i told them deposit and proof of insurance or no drive :D And loads of people with trade ins, i wouldnt mind a trade in but they think your going to give them top dollar on a trade in against an allready very cheap car, no thanks:D:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Are you a dealer?

Any link to the add

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Theres a dealer in the Kildare area trying to shift a 2004 M3 personal on Irish plates for the value of the finance thats owed on it which amounts to 19k and he can't move it, these type of cars just arent shifting at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Theres a dealer in the Kildare area trying to shift a 2004 M3 personal on Irish plates for the value of the finance thats owed on it which amounts to 19k and he can't move it, these type of cars just arent shifting at the moment

can you tell me which dealer this is please, I'll buy it off him today.

thanks

pm if you prefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

steve06 wrote: »

01 39820921

ring and ask him

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

Well for a start i saw it last week on the dunmore rd in waterford so its location is questionable!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭NedKelly

Yep its a scam the phone number has too many digits in it
    he also has a 996 for 18k on the same number

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

The high mileage is the reason it isnt selling. If I was in your shoes I would try it at an auction and see how it goes, but be prepared to take a lot less than you are looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Yes. Lots of these on Carzone.

How do you know? Price is too good to be true and the phone number is slightly wrong. The scammers want you to email them so that they can get you to put money into a holding account/escrow. Seen two others appear on Carzone for Range Rovers over the weekend. Also some for X5's.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Carzone is riddled with these scams.

Nice little earner for them all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,115 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Hammertime wrote: »
    can you tell me which dealer this is please, I'll buy it off him today.

thanks

pm if you prefer

yep me too

i doubt the validity of a story like this, any number of people would buy an m3 for 19k, esp a 04 one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I know the scams work, just that there's others there for not much more than it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cyrus wrote: »
    doubt the validity of a story like this

You guys are so diplomatic :)

Link, gofaster_s13? Or it didn't happen...

unkel wrote: »
    You guys are so diplomatic :)

Link, gofaster_s13? Or it didn't happen...

i'm not kidding, i'd travel with the cash tonight if this is genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

It's a tyre dealer in Rathangan in Kildare I'll see can I root out his no. tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's a tyre dealer in Rathangan in Kildare I'll see can I root out his no. tonight

Thanks for responding, gofaster_s13!

*gets popcorn to see will there be another boardsie with an M3 tonight*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Hammertime wrote: »
    i'm not kidding, i'd travel with the cash tonight if this is genuine.
    unkel wrote: »
    *gets popcorn to see will there be another boardsie with an M3 tonight*

So hammertime, do you get your petrol at a discount?

Advertisement