Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intro to Improv Theatre in Galway

Options
  • 09-11-2008 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Hi, there are a few great theatre workshops and classes happening in Galway this winter -yay!

Here are the details for the Intro to Improv workshop..it is being held at Galway Social Space, which is a great place to visit, indeed anytime.
    PM me and I can give you the contact number/email/details from the poster etc.
    Thanks!

INTRO TO IMPROV, NOV 30th 2008 2-5PM, Galway Social Space

INTRO TO IMPROV is a fun way to explore your creative side, while having the craic and learning some theatre skills and games
    Improv or ‘improvised theatre’ is simply theatre made up on the spot by the players.
    It can be a tool to create writing, enhance a rehearsal, be a performance - the games can even be used as great party entertainment! Improv can be short and funny,to tall and serious!. For this workshop we will focus more on the short and simpler games.
    No performance is experience is necessary, as in the workshop we will be learning improv games, creating characters, and making stories..all from our own heads!
    Those with performing experience will have a good ‘in the moment skills’ workout!
    Shy? Don’t worry! Improv is all about forgetting your stress and making connections before you know it! This workshop is open to Adults 18 and up.

"Workshops will be taught by experienced improv professionals, and participants are promised a high energy, fun and satisfying experience.

There will be an introductory workshop, for those with little or no performance background, and also for those who would like a fun improv workout.
    There will also an 'improv for performers' workshop. This will go deeper into improv exploration, scene and object work, character work etc."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There is a sign-up sheet for this now in the Social Space on Middle St.
    It is a great spot, there are lots of different classes and events there, I am delighted we are doing the workshop there, as I want to support this community meeting place as much as I can. :)

Advertisement