Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reg Plate

Options
  • 09-11-2008 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

The numbers and letters on my registration plate are swiftly disappearing, the car is only a year and 9 months old and from 20 feet the plate is illegible. Does the garage that sold me the car have a duty to replace them for me or must I do it myself. If it is a case of having to do it myself, how much will it cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Replacement plates are only around €20 per pair. Metal registration plates were faster than others.

You could go back to the Garage and claim under a 12 month warranty which you probably received but you would have to be a tight git to go back after so long.

Yes, you are entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Giggsy75 wrote: »
    The numbers and letters on my registration plate are swiftly disappearing, the car is only a year and 9 months old and from 20 feet the plate is illegible. Does the garage that sold me the car have a duty to replace them for me or must I do it myself. If it is a case of having to do it myself, how much will it cost?

Have you thought of using the M50?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Giggsy75

Thanks quirke folder, I didn't realise they'd be so cheap.
    @ ART6 I haven't been on the M50 since the barrier free toll but I'm sure if i needed to be it would be quite adventagous :D Still I don't know what the boys n girls in blue would say if they stopped me.

Advertisement