Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are girls impressed by a guy who can cook?

2»

Comments

Dragan wrote: »
    The majority of blokes i know can cook very well.

Personally i'm more impressed when a woman can cook these days.

QFT.

My girlfriend can't cook to save her life. I'm no pro chef but I can look after dinner if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm not really impressed when people *can* cook, I'd be more likely to be disappointed that someone couldn't cook. I see it as everyone's responsibility to be able to cook for themselves and not to rely on ready meals and such.

I like to cook and I like to bake - and I'm a pretty good cook :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Hey if this was really true I'd have a lot less time to spend in the kitchen. Yes I once burnt noodles as a teenager but I've moved on and still nothing. I wonder if it's my personality or what I use to stir my sauce, who knows.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I can cook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I hate cooking. And I'm always suspicious of men who love it too much.

When I was younger, I was convinced they'd have invented little food pills by 2008. Bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Moonbaby wrote: »
    No. Cooking is my relaxing time...and I am far from relaxed, when people commit heinous acts like scrape the teflon coating on my nonstick surface. :mad::mad:
    I'd have uses for a man with a penchant for washing up though.

hmm bubbley.

My kinda lady...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bob1970

if a lady cooks ill clean up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Yea, Id be impressed if a guy could cook, but Im even more impressed if I cook and he cleans up. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bob1970

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Yea, Id be impressed if a guy could cook, but Im even more impressed if I cook and he cleans up. :pac:
    so how u doin! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Bob1970 wrote: »
    so how u doin! ;)

Right so, Ill do the chips, you put on the marigolds ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

i must have missed the part where it became the norm for men not being able to cook?

Seriously how the hell can you go through life not knowing how to cook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

I can just visualise the t-shirt campaign now...

I CAN COOK!

FANCY A F**K?

And no the last word is not fork. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

No one has ever complained about my liver with some fava beans dish, washed down with a nice chianti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

tricky D wrote: »
    No one has ever complained about my liver with some fava beans dish, washed down with a nice chianti.

Oh look, he referenced a 17 year old movie. *chuckle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

Hum, nearly 80% are impressed by a guy that can cook.

What kind of useless, dumbass men have these women been interacting with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

of course women are going to be impressed.

But i ask a question how many lads would be impressed when women can properly clean up the house? 100 percent maybe:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

tech2 wrote: »
    But i ask a question how many lads would be impressed when women can properly clean up the house? 100 percent maybe:D

0%!

I'd prefer if they could polish the purple helmet from top to bottom, that'd give them 100% from moi. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I'm very impressed(and somewhat taken aback) when a woman can cook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I'm very impressed(and somewhat taken aback) when a woman can cook.

It helps if you remove the handcuffs from her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

It helps if you remove the handcuffs from her.

Yeah , if you are the one holding the key it might help.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Gyladene

I'm not impressed by men who can cook, but I tend to be unimpressed by men who can't. Reliance on mother/girlfriend/McDonald's for nourishment is not attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 KellyG

My husband cooks and I clean..
    Thats how we roll.. If I was to go near a kitchen I would in fact burn it down.. If my husband was to go near a hoover he most definatly would break it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

It depends on the type of cooking, and the ability of the lady herself.

Ex's version of cooking = baking frozen food (wedges, burgers, etc.) in the oven and boiling frozen veg. Not impressed because I could do this myself

Husband's version of cooking = fresh meat, fish and veg dinners every day, uses herbs, etc., this year even grew his own herbs and veg. Cooks like a professional. Very impressed as I definitely can NOT do this.

My experiments with food are generally disastrous :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Shiny wrote: »
    You Cooking = Sex Later.

You sitting on you fat ass while she cooks = .....Depends on the woman.:pac:

It's true. It's true.

• What do you mean by 'can cook'? The guy I'm with worked as a chef and can whip up absolutely anything, so yes, I'm impressed. Anyone should be able to make spaghetti, a simple pasta sauce, fry an egg, etc, although I know a lot of guys and girls who wouldn't have a clue. Don't understand how you can just NEVER cook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I love stir frying and making Asian food in general. Also making some other things like pizza. Took it up after I found my parents' cooking was getting boring and predictable, and felt it couldn't be all that hard and that I could do better. I think my youthful enthusiasm to try new things and experiment has been a good influence on them, as they've began to make more interesting things when they cook too. :)

I've cooked for my girlfriend once though, made a rushed stir fry thing and it was awful - too vinegary and salty. She consoles me and tells me it wasn't that bad, but I remain dissapointed to this day. I must get her over and cook again sometime soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I can cook a mean rare steak with all the trimmings:pac:
    Cooking is not something I would automatically expect a women to
    be proficient in. Lads on the other hand....much less of an expectation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I keep reading this thread's title as "Are girls impressed by a guy with a large cock?"

What's wrong with me...? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

Ummm, impressed is to strong a word, handy if they can cook so I dont have to. However, there is of course the ever present danger with the cooking enthusiast guy, that they might try to involve the girl in the shopping/cooking process......:eek: and even worse may want to "talk about" cooking.....

If it takes longer to cook it than eat it I lose interest and I dont want to hear about him drizzling his juices and marinading his meat !!! Fnarr!

Anyway more to the point: are guys impressed by girls who can EAT !!!? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Yea, girls that can eat are good... Girls that can eat my cooking are better ;)

Any woman I have cooked for was well impressed, I worked in a kitchen when I was younger and it really interested me, why? I don't know... I DON'T KNOW...

I think men are better cooks by a mile. Most women I have come accross cannot cook for ****, apart from my mother, she rocks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dudess wrote: »
    I keep reading this thread's title as "Are girls impressed by a guy with a large cock?"

I hope so :(

Anyway, hope they are because I'm an excellent cook. Had roast vegetables in a pastry last night, with a lovely sauce. Along with stuffed mushrooms. fried breadcrumbs, mmm. Who wouldn't go weak at the knees?! Eh! Eh!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

SpookyDoll wrote: »
    Ummm, impressed is to strong a word, handy if they can cook so I dont have to. However, there is of course the ever present danger with the cooking enthusiast guy, that they might try to involve the girl in the shopping/cooking process......:eek: and even worse may want to "talk about" cooking.....

If it takes longer to cook it than eat it I lose interest and I dont want to hear about him drizzling his juices and marinading his meat !!! Fnarr!

Anyway more to the point: are guys impressed by girls who can EAT !!!? :P

In my experience girls have never lost interest when I talk about marinating my meat...

I just had to, apologies.

Advertisement