Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction for a mispost and then 2 more infractions until the mod admits his mistake

Options
  • 09-11-2008 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

i accidentally replied to a wrong post and forum and somehow this got me an infraction, which i don't think is justified, then the mod tries to justify the original infraction with extraneous stuff, and then i get 2 more infractions because i questioned the original infraction, and the mod won't explain the original infraction but then a couple of days later he admits his mistake and strikes the first infraction.. what's that about?

i still don't see a faq for infractions or infractions mentioned in most forum charters?

this is the problem i have with infractions, with previous time banning system they had to be sure what they were doing was right with infractions they just hand them out even when the not sure why they are doing it, and there's no appeals process.

mods say they want to avoid time and hassle and that's their motivation, so if they don't give out vague infractions for still unknown reasons they could have saved themselves a lot of time and hassle.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A link to any of the posts in question would be a great help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Zaph wrote: »
    A link to any of the posts in question would be a great help.
    Yeah, but would spoil the air of mystery that the OP has painstakingly built up.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hagar wrote: »
    Yeah, but would spoil the air of mystery that the OP has painstakingly built up.

My bad. Carry on OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 TheDublinMan

Hagar wrote: »

Nope:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well the sit is over. i don't want to involve the forum mod, i didn't even want to post in that forum in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

example of boards customer service response - "wheh! effort! Reported Post..." quote from a mod.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, "customer service", what a hoot. Where's your regular standup gig?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume this is related to your post in Waterford City. The infractions were issued ages ago and have since expired. You have been posting since the infractions were issued, so I have no idea why you decided to complain now.

muffler issued the first infraction for the post which was completely random and off-topic. Ill have to let him explain why it was issued but he reversed it shortly after following a discussion with the forum mods.

The second infraction was again from muffler for questioning a moderations decission on thread (which is against the charter in the Waterford City forum and also the Boards.ie guidelines linked in the same charter) instead of sending a PM to him. Looking at your history, you know that rule by now anyway - well before muffler infracted you.

The third infraction was from me because despite several requests asking you to stop sending me PMs you continued. I had asked several times you contact muffler as he was the mod who issued an infraction in the first place. You refused to listen and kept sending me PMs.

That should clarify it.

Smods: Posts are deleted. They are located here (Infraction 1 - Reversed) and here (Infraction 2 - Questioning a mods decission on thread).

Way to go Sully - you just ruined a perfectly good rant!

Totally irresponsible use of facts there!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Way to go Sully - you just ruined a perfectly good rant!

Totally irresponsible use of facts there!

You could always rant anyway... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Sully wrote: »
    You could always rant anyway... :P

It's not as much fun ranting when everyone knows the facts. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ah yes trying to justify vague infractions with stuff that happend after the infractions was given out, exactly what im complainng about.

i was so flabbergasted that i got a infraction for a mispost i posted a reply in the thread to explain what my mispot was about because you asked (i did pm the mod, as the rules suggest), of course muffler could have been genial and just taken back the infraction (as he did later) but no you have to be hostile. that is a mods way it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

ah yes trying to justify vague infractions with stuff that happend after the infractions was given out, exactly what im complainng about.

i was so flabbergasted that i got a infraction for a mispost i posted a reply in the thread to explain what my mispot was about because you asked (i did pm the mod, as the rules suggest), of course muffler could have been genial and just taken back the infraction (as he did later) but no you have to be hostile. that is a mods way it seems.

Ah generalisations,always good in an well thought out arguement. Finish him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

you have to be hostile. that is a mods way it seems.
    Not my way - at all. There are several mods - they don't deserve to be blanketed like that. Making "all mods are x" type comments only serves to justify any hostility against you.

Sorry, what? You got infracted a good while ago and have continued posting on Boards. You got an email and a PM with each infraction. I have checked, each notice that went with the infraction and it was not "vague".

Usually you get infracted for stuff that happens after an infraction is issued - we cant predict the future and infract you in advance. Sorry.

I dont think you 1) Were so "flabbergasted" that you didnt read it or 2) You didnt notice at least 3PMs and Emails (yes, there was more, but ill be nice and say "at least 3").

1) You got infracted by muffler for that "mispost". It was reversed following discussion with the Waterford Forum mods. A good call, you have to admit. But for some reason you wont accept the fact your infraction was reversed and want to just go on bashing mods for not being perfect.

2) Rules suggest you PM the mod who issued a ban/infraction and not question a decission in thread (which you did, and got infracted for). You sent me a PM *after* your post in the topic. After 3 or so requests asking you to stop PMing me you kept sending me the same stupid PM over and over. Hence why I infracted you. I asked that instead of PMing me you talk to muffler. You wouldnt listen, you got infracted. Sorry but if you had just stopped the few times I asked you wouldnt have that infraction on your long list of infractions.

Sorry if I am coming across as hostile, but this has been explained as clear as possible to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Sully wrote: »
    Sorry if I am coming across as hostile, but this has been explained as clear as possible to you.

Still Sully, didn't you say that there was no reason to come across hostile on feedback?

GuanYin wrote: »
    Still Sully, didn't you say that there was no reason to come across hostile on feedback?

If you have a question not related to this topic, I would ask that you send me a PM. Afterall, didnt you say its none of anybody elses business what happens outside their own forums?

Advertisement