Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pat1187

brightkane wrote: »
    Excellent coal, seems to be a coal and briquette mix, burns long and very little ash and great heat from it.

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy coal in the Kilkenny area? I cut my pension contributions and am going to stockpile some coal instead as it should not depreciate as much as my pension has.
    I want to buy it a ton at a time and I will collect.
    thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 NoFotoMonsieur

I know one think, bag of polish coal (40kg)cost in Poland €5.
    Somebody making big money on it.
    Is anybody would like make some bussines on it?
    I bring it , you sell it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Even if you were to fill up a Ford Transit with bags of coal, you'd only be able to fit 37.5 40kg (1.5tn) bags in before you'd be over the weight load, to compete with the guys above, you'd want to sell each bag for 15 quid, so you're making 10 euro off each bag, that's only €375 profit for a full van load but it would cost more than that in fuel to get to Poland from Ireland and back so you'd be losing money I'm afraid :o

truck rented from polish company €0.50/1km
    4000 km both way - 4000 x €0.50 = €2000
    coal cost 30 ton - €3000
    other (space for keep coal, petrol for "transit" to deliver etc) - €1000
    all €6000

30 tone 30 000 kg
    30 000 kg/40 kg = 750 bags
    750 bags x €15 each = €11 250

Now you can think how cost are changed when you have own truck.
    I gave you a simple description, but belive me when you buy a space on ship for a 100tone or more, you will make a 30% savings on transport.
    This is how some persons are doing in Sligo port.
    Do you think it will be a hard to sell 50 bags a day for that price:)?
    even if you go for 12 and sell for some local shops you can make a few euro.

regards,
    and sorry for language but as you know im only
    polish man
    darek

Ah, I thought you were only thinking of throwing a few bags in a van or a car if you were to drive home for Christmas instead of taking the plane, but with a truck it's a whole different story :)

You'd probably run into a load of legal crap though.

• Advertisement

Cormie said:
    a few bags in a van or a car if you were to drive home for Christmas instead of taking the plane
    :):)
    If i would like to bring something by the way i will not bring a bag of coal:):)
    But anyway, if it will bring something "by the way" i will not lost a money i will make some extra:) isn't it?
    regards,
    darek

Cormie said:
    :):)
    If i would like to bring something by the way i will not bring a bag of coal:):)
    But anyway, if it will bring something "by the way" i will not lost a money i will make some extra:) isn't it?
    regards,
    darek

hahaha, my Lithuanian friend always says "isn't it?" at the end of everything too :D

Yeah I think some other non mentionables would yield a bigger profit *cough cough* (that's the result).

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pat1187

I know one think, bag of polish coal (40kg)cost in Poland €5.
    Somebody making big money on it.
    Is anybody would like make some bussines on it?
    I bring it , you sell it:)

I will buy a couple of ton, providing 13% vat is added on,
    might as well keep it legal to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

13.50 for 40kg Polish Coal in Sligo

(Is it our Polish friend from above?!)

3 bales Briquettes e10

I have lots of replay on my private e-mail about polish coal bussines,
    I'm vary sorry for it, i did not replay for i while but i can not.
    i send some of details to polish comapny about delivering, pricing etc.
    if i will get a replay from them i will give answer back ASAP. I' do not understand question abut VAT? Even if price excluded VAT and you have to paid it, you can allways get it back becouse Poland is in EU?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭signman12

I have lots of replay on my private e-mail about polish coal bussines,
    I'm vary sorry for it, i did not replay for i while but i can not.
    i send some of details to polish comapny about delivering, pricing etc.
    if i will get a replay from them i will give answer back ASAP. I' do not understand question abut VAT? Even if price excluded VAT and you have to paid it, you can allways get it back becouse Poland is in EU?

to claim vat back you first must be registered for vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

any coal bargains for 40k bags in Meath or anywhere in Dublin or North that will deliver to Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 debiannet

Hi

I looking company who want buy Polish Coal.

Price what give you " NoFotoMonsieur " it's old from: 19-02-2009, How you good probably know coal price everywhere go up almost 30%

I can sale Polish coal + delivery to Ireland ( Dublin ) for 25 Tone = 8000e
    I cover all price, delivery, petrol, driver.

If you take 50 tone, price for 25 Tone 7000e, Together for two Lorry per 25 Tone = 14000e

Coal is in bag's: 25KG or sometimes 40KG This is up to factory.

Regards
    Paul[/email]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

You can drive into wicklow corn company and collect 40kg bags yourself the more you buy the cheaper it is 1 bag is €18.50 if you buy 5 bags its €18.25 per bag,10 bags is €17.50 a bag and if you buy 25 bags(1Ton) its €16.90 a bag the office is down at bottom of yard in old clarke oil building,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Rosielee

Hi does anyone one know who supplies 40kg bags of coal in Newbridge/Kildare area and what sort of price range I would be looking at ?

thinking of trying to stock pile now for the winter ;)

thanks a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Where is the best place to buy coal in Killarney or surrounding area? I used to get it in 4Homes, the buy 4 & get one free deal, but now they've closed I don't know where to go to get a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rusty1350

I am sorry I did not see this topic earlier. Just paid 12.99 per 20kg bag in Londis in Malahide - what a rip-off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

okgirl wrote: »
    I am looking for specific prices. My point is that it is a huge difference of price within one year. Hence a possible rip off. The coal merchant price is cheaper but why should the general public have to pay over the odds in a petrol station. A small difference of price is acceptable.

I know that a petrol station in Belview, Waterford is selling 40kg bags for €17.95 which is actually cheaper than our local coal merchant.

How can this be?

you don't get how the world works do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

so, the nights are cold again. Any new bargains around in 40 kg bags in Meath area or anyone who can deliver to Meath area and still be cheaper that regular haunts.

Mal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

same again for the dublin south area, looking for decent prices on 40kg and i think it's time to invest in a bunker as well anyone ever used the guy on rathmines bridge?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭fluffytulip

Picked up some 40 kg bags today from local petrol station. bord na mona have had this coal before and theres some heat out of it and no spitting out of it. 12.25 per bag.

hick we bought a bunker last year for xmas pressie to ourselves and it was the best thing we ever bought fit 2-3bags in it at a time. its the small one it was 100euro, there is a bigger one you can get that is or waslast xmas 150 euro

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭fluffytulip

just to say also i was buying this coal at 18euro a bag last year..guess where im going every night this week to stock up:D

Is that 12.25 for 40KG bag?? That's pretty good value! I paid 18 today myself, which is cheap from what I know. 12.25 would get you 20kg here. Where do you get it for that price? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

Picked up some 40 kg bags today from local petrol station. bord na mona have had this coal before and theres some heat out of it and no spitting out of it. 12.25 per bag.

hick we bought a bunker last year for xmas pressie to ourselves and it was the best thing we ever bought fit 2-3bags in it at a time. its the small one it was 100euro, there is a bigger one you can get that is or waslast xmas 150 euro

hope this helps

no, no help at all because you didnt tell us where you got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

just got this posted tru my door.......

"polish coal 20kg 14 euro
    cosy glow 10kg 8 euro
    1 bale of brickets free with 1 ton"

is this a ripoff or just the prices us silly people pay here in mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

jimini0 wrote: »

cosy glow 10kg 8 euro

If you are in Ballina, there's a guy opposite ths bus station selling 40kg bags of Polish coal for €12.50. Definitely not rip-off. For anyone in the Ulster/North Leinster area there's a guy on the border on the Cavan/Clones road who is selling Polish coal at €11.50 and briquettes at €3.25.

I found a guy in brittas, on the way to blessington who's doing 40kg bags for €12.50 that's at least a fiver cheaper than anywhere else i found in dublin. Can't miss him big sign on the left hand side of the road on the way to dublin. headin out in the am to get another 4 bags and some briquettes too, if I do I'll throw the name up when I get back

That's pretty cheap! Any chance of showing us where on www.mygeoposition.com? :)

best guess right now
    http://www.mygeoposition.com/loc/53.243030,-6.457901/?zoomLevel=12&mapType=

will confirm when i get back, just hoping it's the same price :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

jimini0 wrote: »

cosy glow 10kg 8 euro

you'll get 40kg coal from co-op hardware/garden centers for €11.25. I brought 4 bags in my local co-op (Connaught gold garden center) at that price. Its bord na morna coal in white bags. The fruit and veg shop in Westport next to Tesco does 40kg coal for €12.50 as well.

Advertisement