Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's pricey enough alright as far as I know. Think I got a better deal up near Enniskerry there last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

There was a great deal last year at the Dublin Patio Centre, but they are closed down now. Will keep shopping around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Eureka_Bg

Thanks Dikerty.

Did they say if they could deliver before Christmas?

Yep, I am Northside and they would do it some evening this week, to avoid that traffic, but could do it...

Dickerty wrote: »
    Yep, I am Northside and they would do it some evening this week, to avoid that traffic, but could do it...

Thanks again Dickerty.

That seems good enough service anyway.

I just worked it out in my head there (not always a good idea for me :o) at about 18e per bag, and with the 6 bags of logs free, it knocks nearly another 2e off each bag. For the kinda Quality they always have, it looks an ok deal to me.

Anyway, I'm sure there is plenty of cheap coal out there. As they say, u pays your money and u takes your chances :D

• Advertisement

Ok Eureka - I don't know if you work there or what, but we get the message. You are pushing a little too much now. :D

Nope Dickerty, i was just thanking you for your help, and trying to be helpful myself.

Ok, then you don't need to quote the URL, name in BOLD and/or phone number any more.

In 3 pages, you have mentioned the name 5 times, the URL 6 times, and the phone number 4 times. That is MORE than helpful.

Dickerty wrote: »
    That is MORE than helpful.

Thank you Dickerty! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

40kg bags
    english 11.95
    polish 12.95

discount fuel, newcastle west, limerick.
    entrance in lidl car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

At 13 Euro a bag, it's not going to be Polish coal. No matter what's printed on the front.
    Polish will usually be priced around the 15 euro mark. Some of the cheaper stuff can be decent enough but it's cheaper for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

walter's in watch house cross usually sell polish coal for 13 they are a fairly big seller so cant see why they wouldnt be able to sell it for 13 euro a bag considering the amount of coal they shift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

its the same brand as our local creamery sell @ 16.90 yoyo. why wouldn't it be polish? if i buy club orange at the garage for 2.09 and i buy it at tesco for 1.79 isn't it club orange?
    it burns ok and leaves very lttle ash so as far as i am concerned its good value for money polish or not............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

8.99 for 20kg polish coal (i think) in the emo garrage in james gate, does the job

Any leads on good quality polish coal at a good price south Dublin/North Wicklow? Is Polish coal not "smokeless" and therefore, not for sale in Dublin?

Cormie, I was an Ad on another site a few days ago for a place in Delgany, DIAMOND CENTURY FUELS LTD, selling at between 14 and 17 a bag for Polish of varying qualities.

I finally got mine in North Dublin from Keiran Lawlor in Swords, 50 for 3 bags of Polish Black Diamond delivered...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Look on this site for solid fuel suppliers. http://www.homefuel.ie/suppliers.php

Thanks for the heads up :) Delgany isn't that far away if it's a good price :)

Thanks for the heads up :) Delgany isn't that far away if it's a good price :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Any good deals around the Tuam/Galway City area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭hawthorne

This thread is more than 10 years old- but it is a very hot subject now...

Solid Fuel: Coal Prices Expected to Reach €50/Bag - thatsfarming.com

Advertisement