Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

call of duty 5

Options
  • 09-11-2008 7:54pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone getting this friday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dunno.

Online beta didn't grab me and kinda sick of WW2 shooters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

On Rapidshare maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Gonna wait a month

If the multiplayer is as popular as cod4 (but not exactly the same), then Im sure ill buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nope, tried demo and thought it crap, its just a mod for COD4 and shouldn't be full price. I might borro a copy from rapidshare for the single player campaign if i get bored sometime, but as for buying it definitely no.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

where would i get a demo of this?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Here are my impressions of the demo that I'd posted on the xbox forum;

It's not even as much fun as CoD3 and it as the same matchmaking issues (lag, getting randomly booted off – but this could get a fix after release). The weapons don't feel right (some feel like your firing paintball guns). The addition of attack dogs is poorly implemented. The 3 maps I played were all somewhere between average and boring.

There are copies of this game available in the places you look for things like this ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

haha I mite go look for that place so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

haha I mite go look for that place so :pac:

Don't waste your bandwidth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

it can't be that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

The game is actually pretty good, I clocked over a week of online play in CoD4 online, still play it when I get the urge...
    But I can honestly say I found CoD5 multiplayer to be a massive improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

i loved COD 4, but this one is set back in WW 2, and i hate ww2 games so im not getting it

The single player could pass a few hours, there's got to be an interesting game there. COD4 single player was a good battle and I like WW2 games neways. Its 7GB tho :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

prob rent it for a week...Nothings worth buying anymore...i played the sh*t outta fallout3 thinking i would have enoguh time in the week i rented it for and here i am finished the game in less than 48 hours..Ill wait on the multiplayer reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shocked japan lost the war considering each soldier can carry up to 300 grenades, finsihed level 1 and only fired a few shots rest of the kills were returning grenades thrown at me.

I agree thats its a glorified mod/exp pack definitley not a full price purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i think they will really pull off alot of people with WW2 theme... AGAIN!

It was over filled with WW2 shooters, and cod4 was a breath of fresh air.

Why take 1 step further and 2 back?

Imagine that zombie survival mode in cod4? Now that would have been really amazing...

Well lets hope cod6 will be modern again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

i think they will really pull off alot of people with WW2 theme... AGAIN!

It was over filled with WW2 shooters, and cod4 was a breath of fresh air.

Why take 1 step further and 2 back?

Imagine that zombie survival mode in cod4? Now that would have been really amazing...

Well lets hope cod6 will be modern again.

Ah come on! Modern was so last year! Anyway whats the difference between zombies in 1944 and now?
    Nazi Zombers beat anything TODAY can throw at it man!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah come on! Modern was so last year! Anyway whats the difference between zombies in 1944 and now?

well..... i prefer shreding zombies with m4a1, ak47, m60, the guns that are not ancient :D

Sorry, its just me, i am just sick of ww2 games. Thought remember Rising Dead? :D it was pure epic.

left4dead does not look that good for me tbh. Those zombies does not feel real like in RD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

By this logic Operation Darkness is the best WW2 game ever, for it has Zombies, vampires, Werewolves, magic and (probably) mecha hitler riding a T-Rex.

Actually, that DOES sound like the best WW2 game ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Finished it last night, excels in mediocrity. 4/10

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

CombatCow wrote: »
    Finished it last night, excels in mediocrity. 4/10

CC

Did you play the bonus zombie game?

What is the full multiplayer like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah the zombie survival is actually the highlight of the game, evan tho it's only a tacked on mode at the end. Having said that, it not worth buying just for that.

Didnt play multi.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

looks like its rented game of the year for cod5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I wouldn't even waste my time renting this tbh, and I adore COD4. For me, its the fact that its WW2...yet again (yaawwwwnnnn). I'll happily keep playing Fallout 3 and just waiting for COD5 (the real one).

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Ah each to their own I suppose people. One reason I'll be buying it is because they have incorporated split screen into the campaign mode. Double the carnage on ze Germans!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I might buy it in the New Year. I've still Fallout 3 and Gears of War II to play and Dead Space and Mass Effect to finish. And I've still to get Fable 2 and Left 4 Dead.

I too have a lot of games to get through,far cry 2,dead space,fallout 3,red alert 3 to name a but a few :-/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

this got great reviews, I'm getting it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

been playing my sneaky copy on xbox...two words.....GET IT

Advertisement