Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

call of duty 5

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Spear wrote: »
    The only thing that breaks the monotony of shooting is to throw back grenades, there's no alternate routes or strategies, I don't think it's possible to dumb this down any further. But it does have flame throwers, and who doesn't like those?

Ye true, flamethrower is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

smokingman wrote: »
    I got it on Wii as well, here's my code: 0946-5705-3341
    Loving it so far and better than the previous benchmark on Wii (Medal of Honor: Heroes 2).

Sure thing, i added you there, see my codes below. I also added you for Pro Evo, PM for a game some evening. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Started playing it on veteran..my god its gotten my so :mad::mad::mad::mad:..it is impossible....ive just screamed at my team mates so much they are the worst AI ive experienced in a long time..they dont shoot s**t...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Picked this up on Saturday, even though I was one of the people who said they were skipping it because it was Treyarch :D I take back what I said...

I'm actually really really enjoying it. The action is cranked up to the right level, and the missions are interesting too
    "Burn em out"
    . The AI is pretty crap to put it nicely, but its not ruining the experience for me. I quite like the American side of the campaign and the graphics are fine in my book(anyone else think in some places it feels and looks like a game set in Vietnam??)

Think I'm just about half way through now -
    just starting the "Black Cats" aerial mission
    but will post a full review once I've got it properly finished. Its the least I can do after dismissing it outright when I heard about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Soby wrote: »
    Started playing it on veteran..my god its gotten my so :mad::mad::mad::mad:..it is impossible....ive just screamed at my team mates so much they are the worst AI ive experienced in a long time..they dont shoot s**t...
    wish you luck, took me countless attempts on some parts to beat it on veteran.
    The AI will just throw grenade and grenade and grenade at you, and will always knew where you are. So its very hard to try and find some cover and once you do you cant stay there longer then about 10 seconds before moving on. Its very heavily scripted so best way past some parts it to just try and crawl along... You cant really stay back and keep shooting as the AI will keep respawning.
    Also your squad is next to useless, infact the only use I ever found for them is they can be a handy source of ammo when they die. They will kill about 1 in 20 enemies and most likely block your path when your running from that grenade.
    Smoke grenades are really handy and sometimes the only way past a part. Only you never pick up more so use the starting 4 wisely.
    It is a nice achievement when you complete it though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Been playing co-op on my lan with young fella on pc using Hamanchi and its fantastic, playin it on hardened and its tough enough, might try veteran tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

ah my OS died, anybody know where the saved games are stored ?

oh yea im running vista, third time this week too, i think the ocz core was a bad buy, corruption i think, will have to go buy a raptor i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

MooseJam wrote: »

oh yea im running vista, third time this week too, i think the ocz core was a bad buy, corruption i think, will have to go buy a raptor i think
    The OCZ ssds have been giving a lot of bother like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

MooseJam wrote: »

With your OCZ SSD, follow this guide: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43525

It is not just recommended, it is imperative that you complete these steps immediately after installing Vista on your SSD. Vista doesn't play nice with SSD's, it's an OS that has been optimized for mechanical drives. Leaving the paging file or automatic defrag enabled will fubar your system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 t-mobile1892

Veteran did my head in when i first played it it was ridiculously hard and frankly quite frustrating...also playing it on veteran really makes the scripted parts and poor AI really stand out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Does anyone enjoy the multiplayer more than CoD3 or CoD4?

I don't play much of the SP (with the exception of CoD2, which I must have played over 20 times) – played through CoD4 SP maybe 4 times in total, never finished CoD3 SP!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

After playing the MP on PC for a day or two now the first thing that hit me was the imbalance of the guns , those big guns make no sense in the game .

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

This is a great game. The single player is awesome, far superior to Cod4. The multiplayer is great and the maps are excellent. The only thing i can imagine people could fault with it is that guns are harder to use and not as accurate. Assault rifles dont fire that straight over long distances in real life.Lets be honest cod4 is basically easy mode, my mother could play it(all she needs is her skillz cannon anyway). Great game not as noob friendly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I have just lost my broadband connection at home due to a move - does anyone know does COD5 waw need broadband to activate - a la steam style ? Required to register/validate online etc ? I am thinking of buying this this weekend but its no good to me if it needs online validation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭knoximus

If you really like nazi zombies watch this and whitness the rise of the 4th reich.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTzX2Q1rxB0&feature=channel_page

Advertisement