Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Days (All of them)

Options
  • 09-11-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭

Firstly I'll admit I dont know when MOST of them are, also to prevent a huge amount of threads being opened on virtually the same topic.

Anyway if someone could stick up a list of them it'd be helpful :)

Anyone heading to the Science evening in UCD on Tuesday?
    fonpokno wrote: »
    DCU - November 21st and 22nd

DIT - Saturday December 6th

UCD - December 5th 12pm - 4pm
    December 6th 10am - 1pm

TCD - December 10th
    NUI Maynooth - November 28th and 29th

It appears UCC and NUIG were both in October...

IADT - Friday, 21st November 2008 (10am – 4pm)
    Saturday, 22nd November 2008 (11am – 4pm)
    dragonfly! wrote: »
    St pats is on Sat, NCI on next wed:)
    smurfy89 wrote: »
    St Angelas (Sligo) open day is on this Thursday (13th)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Lazy bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

:D I'm literally just after looking them up myself.

DIT - Saturday December 1st

December 6th 10am - 1pm

TCD - December 10th

I may well go to that Science evening, don't know anything about it though! Any info you'd like to share?? :)

I went to the TCD Maths and Physics Open Day (MPOD) yesterday, and my god what a waste of time it was. The physics talks were dumbed down to a level they became hard to understand again; and the maths lectures didn't include any maths at all, one of the talks was a guy showing reflections of cats that he drew.

Anyone else go?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

K4t wrote: »
    Lazy bastard!

Yes my motivation was dissapointingly transparent.
    I went to the TCD Maths and Physics Open Day (MPOD) yesterday, and my god what a waste of time it was. The physics talks were dumbed down to a level they became hard to understand again; and the maths lectures didn't include any maths at all, one of the talks was a guy showing reflections of cats that he drew.

Anyone else go?

I was gonna go just for the cat thing, i heard about it last year :D
    :D I'm literally just after looking them up myself.

DIT - Saturday December 1st

December 6th 10am - 1pm

TCD - December 10th

I may well go to that Science evening, don't know anything about it though! Any info you'd like to share?? :)

Thanks, I'll edit the first post to include that (and credit you dont worry)
    eh email ciara.ohanlon@ucd.ie and mention you'd like to attend.

Fad wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll edit the first post to include that (and credit you dont worry)
    eh email ciara.ohanlon@ucd.ie and mention you'd like to attend.

Aren't ya lovely! :p Thanks dude!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh this is a good idea, I'll sticky it.

NUI Maynooth - November 28th and 29th

It appears UCC and NUIG were both in October...

IADT - Friday, 21st November 2008 (10am – 4pm)
    Saturday, 22nd November 2008 (11am – 4pm)

Can't think of anywhere else to hunt down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

JSK 252 wrote: »

As useful as that COULD be, I'd say itd be handier if it didnt take 10 mins to find anything.

(Why is the date for next years ploughing championship there?)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

Hey guys, my advice would be to go to as many open days as feasibly possible.
    I think last year I got to 8, and while it seems ott, it was well worth it.
    I had DCU first choice, wanted to come here, and I got it.
    But because I got to see so many other courses (and campuses - that is just as important) it really helped with ordering my choices.
    If possible, don't go in groups of friends, or from school - I did that for 2 and learned nothing about the college, course or anything relevant.
    Ask questions, find out as much as you can about any course that interests you.
    Wander around the campus, get a feel for it - you may be spending 3 or 4 years there.
    Find out about accommodation. Don't wait till you get your offer. Don't.

And enjoy the open days, spend plenty of time at them.
    Good luck to everyone in their choices and efforts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

St pats is on Sat, NCI on next wed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

St Angelas (Sligo) open day is on this Thursday (13th)

...thats if ye can find the place :D

As useful as that COULD be, I'd say itd be handier if it didnt take 10 mins to find anything.

(Why is the date for next years ploughing championship there?)

Well I thought it would help to have them all in one place. Nevermind

Well I thought it would help to have them all in one place. Nevermind

I wasnt dismissing it :o

I ll gradually edit the first post so everything that every one posts is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

The UCD open day last year was a joke, place was packed and the queue to get into the main hall was horribly long (luckily I managed to skip it by saying I left my jacket inside :)) so hopefully it'll be better organised this year. Didn't go to Trinity's last year so will definitely go next month. After that there's not much else I wanna go to, might pop along to DIT's or DCU's, probably not though.

Am aiming to go to the UCD Science talk tomorrow, although my friend who I'm supposed to be going with is sick so I can't get a lift off him, may have to head on my own :eek:

Jello wrote: »

Am aiming to go to the UCD Science talk tomorrow, although my friend who I'm supposed to be going with is sick so I can't get a lift off him, may have to head on my own :eek:

Do say hello (Ignore the hurdle of not knowing what I look like, just guess, however a hint, i'll more than likely be wearing a hoody, glasses and a disgruntled look and i ll be so bloody cold from the walk up to UCD from my school)Or take a look at my LastFM a/c in my sig or not bother with any of these :D

Jello wrote: »

I shall possibly also be there if i can get to it! Also alone! Hurray for loners!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

Afaik the DIT Open Day is on 6 December. 1 December's a Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Should have mentioned that the TCD Maths/Physics open day was last Saturday, though I wasn't helping out so really you didn't miss anything. There'll be maths/physics talks on during the normal open day which is the 10th of December, and I'll probably be doing exams then. : (
    Though if there are any talks by Paschalis Karageorgis (god I hope I spelt that right), or Dr. Eric Finch in Maths and Physics respectively, go along because those two are basically legends.

Should have mentioned that the TCD Maths/Physics open day was last Saturday, though I wasn't helping out so really you didn't miss anything. There'll be maths/physics talks on during the normal open day which is the 10th of December, and I'll probably be doing exams then. : (
    Though if there are any talks by Paschalis Karageorgis (god I hope I spelt that right), or Dr. Eric Finch in Maths and Physics respectively, go along because those two are basically legends.
    Cant wait for this one, and the UCD one (Escpecially TCD though)
    afaik the DIT Open Day is on 6 December. 1 December's a Monday.

Right you are

However boards wont let me edit the original comment so its a Mods job now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

The Royal College of Surgeons one is one on the 2nd of January AFAIK.

That one was well worth going to last year- they explained the courses (All 3 of them :P) really well, down to some pretttty fine details (In comparison to the UCC ones and such. "Medicine is hard")

You're meant to book a place for it, seemingly. I didn't last year, I just showed up.
    Such a rebel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭yay_for_summer

UCC had one in October but they usually have two I think, I remember going to one later in the year in 5th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

Does anyone know how to book a place for the RCSI open day??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Do say hello (Ignore the hurdle of not knowing what I look like, just guess, however a hint, i'll more than likely be wearing a hoody, glasses and a disgruntled look and i ll be so bloody cold from the walk up to UCD from my school)Or take a look at my LastFM a/c in my sig or not bother with any of these :D

Didn't see ya, were more there than I expected!

bythewoods wrote: »
    The Royal College of Surgeons one is one on the 2nd of January AFAIK.

That one was well worth going to last year- they explained the courses (All 3 of them :P) really well, down to some pretttty fine details (In comparison to the UCC ones and such. "Medicine is hard")

You're meant to book a place for it, seemingly. I didn't last year, I just showed up.
    Such a rebel!

Im going up this year for it. I have to talk to my Career Guidance teacher about getting the tickets by email and printing them for it.

Hahaha nice one!

smndly wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to book a place for the RCSI open day??

Talk to your career guidance teacher in school and ask him/her that you want to get tickets for the RCSI open day. They will send an email to RCSI's communications dep. to request tickets for the event and the tickets will be sent back by email to your career guidance teacher and all you have to do is print them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Talk to your career guidance teacher in school and ask him/her that you want to get tickets for the RCSI open day. They will send an email to RCSI's communications dep. to request tickets for the event and the tickets will be sent back by email to your career guidance teacher and all you have to do is print them off.

Or alternatively, just show up :P

Anyway, the WIT one is on December 9th for anyone planning on coming to the Sunny South East.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The UCD open day is on the day after my predebs and I may have a singing exam that day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Pats open day was really well run, heres hoping NCIs tomorrow is as good cuz that will prob be the course i get unless pats falls by 10!:(

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »
    The UCD open day is on the day after my predebs and I may have a singing exam that day :(

Aren't there 2 UCD open days?

Anyone heading to the DCU one?

Advertisement