Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Days (All of them)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Fad wrote: »
    Aren't there 2 UCD open days?

Anyone heading to the DCU one?

I'm just back from DCU. It thought the lectures wore very good also, free red bull!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

NUIM was surprisingly good, Science with Education or their Pharmacology course would be the options there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

NUIM was surprisingly good, Science with Education or their Pharmacology course would be the options there.

I was at the Science Ed one as well. Sounds very promising.

Take nothing away from the highlight of the day though :p

andyman wrote: »
    I was at the Science Ed one as well. Sounds very promising.

Take nothing away from the highlight of the day though :p

Wasnt at the talk (was there one?) just spoke to the woman on the stand, she was very helpful.

I did notice the distinct lack of free stuff, it was distressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Yeah there was one at 12:15 in Theatre 3.

I got a free roam around accomodation, which suited me fine :D:D

• Advertisement

andyman wrote: »
    Yeah there was one at 12:15 in Theatre 3.

I got a free roam around accomodation, which suited me fine :D:D

Kinda wish I bothered to look at the accomodation, 2 hours a day commuting is not desirable really.

Lab demos were fun but kinda cringey :S

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My friend got a lovely little tin of mints from the "study abroad" booth I think, when I went up though all they had were keyrings :(

I went to NUIM today and I loved it. It's has a real welcoming vibe and lecturers seem very good. I also loved the South Campus with with all the old Gothic churches, gives the university character.

Also, I got cinnamon flavoured mints, burns the mouth off ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Anyone heading to the NCAD one on the 4th of december?

creggy wrote: »

Also, I got cinnamon flavoured mints, burns the mouth off ya!

UCD better have free stuff on Friday, s'all im sayin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

UCD always have free stuff. Great college, come to UCD everyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Am I right in saying all the DIT's open days are being rolled into Aungier St on Saturday?

Am I right in saying all the DIT's open days are being rolled into Aungier St on Saturday?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

UCD better have free stuff on Friday, s'all im sayin!

UCD was brilliant for it last year! Not just the usual pens and keyrings, oh no...
    They gave out condoms!
    Everywhere we went there were people handing them out, t'was class! :p

Think it was possibly on World AIDS day or something.... but w/e, there were people going around with pockets full of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seanasdf

I was at NUI Maynooth Last Friday and thought it was quite good even though one of the building went on fire :eek:

The UCD open day is on this Friday and Saturday, I heard it was good from people who went last year.

creggy wrote: »
    Yes.

Cheers, not really worth my while going so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Róisín-Casey

I havent gone to any this year but in TY nd 5th year i went to 3 or 4 and i know i want to do Arts in NUIG nd do my H Dip!! my careers teach wasnt to keen on my choice of English, Geography, Soc&Pol and Philosophy for 1st year but I want to do them. Any one know if they are terrible choices. I thought they were good but now im worried maybe i should look into something else! anyone care to weigh in? plz feel free!!
    mwahxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=569 <-- that's the link to the NUIG forum, you'll find out all you need to know there.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

WIT 9th december.. I will around in my WIT tshirt so if you need any help do ask :) make sure ya come to new tourism and leisure building worth a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I haven't been to any open days this year. I wandered around Trinity for that maths/physics thing but I didn't actually go. :pac:

I might go to the UCD thing tomorrow seeing as school ends at 12:35 anyway. I'll be sure to not watch out for any of you.

Also my sister told me that the UCD one is generally useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

WIT 9th december.. I will around in my WIT tshirt so if you need any help do ask :) make sure ya come to new tourism and leisure building worth a look :)
    I'll be there!
    Davidius wrote: »
    I haven't been to any open days this year. I wandered around Trinity for that maths/physics thing but I didn't actually go. :pac:

I might go to the UCD thing tomorrow seeing as school ends at 12:35 anyway. I'll be sure to not watch out for any of you.

I wanted to go to the UCD one tomorrow but my Crimbo exams put an end to that plan. :(
    The Saturday one is over at 12.30 aswell, so with a 3-4hr journey from Waterford, it's hardly worth going to..

It was actually surprisingly good, Radiography had a really good talk, and I saw a certain mod from this forum at the Med one (Im just not enough a creep to talk to them :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

No matter how many times I go to UCD it's still huge and confusing and terrifying... I wish it wasn't so huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

It was! And no free stuff :(

The law talk was alright but the student perspective guy creeped me out... Generally didn't liek the place though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

It was! And no free stuff :(

The law talk was alright but the student perspective guy creeped me out... Generally didn't liek the place though :(

This also disappointed me. Not even a pen. I stayed there for about an hour and then ran away and I think the prospectus is somewhere in the back of my car. It just appears such an unwelcoming place...

Anyone going to trinity on wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It was actually surprisingly good, Radiography had a really good talk, and I saw a certain mod from this forum at the Med one (Im just not enough a creep to talk to them :pac:)

Haha that#s quite crepy, I wasn't sitting beside you was I? :p That talk was packed!

Bythewoods: there's a timetable of talks and stuff at http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/undergraduate/assets/pdfs/Open%20Day%20Programme%202008%20Final.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

You didn't get free stuff?

I got a free pen and a ruler. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seanasdf

I was at the UCD open day last Friday.I thought it was good, they were giving out some free stuff like I saw a few people go around with yo-yo's!
    The arts lecture was good, the lecturer started throwing pens at people so if you were looking for a free pen I guess that was the place to be :pac:

Anyone go to DIT? Any use?

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »
    Haha that#s quite crepy, I wasn't sitting beside you was I? :p That talk was packed!

Bythewoods: there's a timetable of talks and stuff at http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/undergraduate/assets/pdfs/Open%20Day%20Programme%202008%20Final.pdf

Nah, I just spotted you walking around and then in the lecture theatre, thought hey! theres Piste, and thought no, I wont bother her

(You were with Louisa at some stage, {I think thats her name :S} I have infact met her, so not that odd, i think i'll stop here.........)

Advertisement