Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travelling to oz

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

dSTAR wrote: »
    Whats all this talk about WA? Their footy teams suck and their beer and girls don't fare much better. ;)

Melbourne ftw. At least this is the spiritual home of footy and we have half decent beers and babes.

If you don't find a job in Melbourne you wont find a job anywhere.

true true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭stardust_dublin

does anyone think 25/26 is too old to travel and work in oz? hope to live and work there for a year. most people seem to be around the age of 22 going over though?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Whats all this talk about WA? Their footy teams suck and their beer and girls don't fare much better. ;)

Lol bollox! Perth women are far hotter than anything you see over east.

Closer to Asia so we get all the hot Singapore birds. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

does anyone think 25/26 is too old to travel and work in oz?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol bollox! Perth women are far hotter than anything you see over east.

Closer to Asia so we get all the hot Singapore birds. :cool:
    Technically they are not WA birds then :D

When I came back from Singapore I thought Aussie girls were so daggy looking. Some of chicks you see floating around Singapore are like supermodels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

When I came back from Singapore I thought Aussie girls were so daggy looking. Some of chicks you see floating around Singapore are like supermodels.

Become like some of my sado friends who travel to Bangkok every chance they get. I guarantee one will bring back a wife at some stage and he may think its ok but everybody will know that she was bought like something off a stall in her country. You see old fat guys and skinny ugly guys walking around with thai brides. You wonder if they only tried a little harder.

and they way they stared at western blokes. I thought I was brad pitt in singapore or something....:p

You gotta laugh at the whole mail order Asian trophy bride industry.

But its a crying shame went you see some fat bastid with a slender Asian chicky babe.

Its not a shame its emabarassing for everybody to see them. I was doing some work with a guy whom had an asian wife. I was talking away to her normally about equipment and stuff and she just blurts out "in case you are wondering, Im not a thai bride. I came to this country with work and met H***". I just said ok I didnt have any preconceptions.

It must have been something in my eyes.

BarryCreed wrote: »
    and they way they stared at western blokes. I thought I was brad pitt in singapore or something....:p
    It was the same when I was in Japan. My partner at the time was slightly amused by it all. But the end result was some of the best sex we had in all our time together so I wasn't complaining.

But lets get back on topic hey

• Advertisement

It was the same when I was in Japan. My partner at the time was slightly amused by it all. But the end result was some of the best sex we had in all our time together so I wasn't complaining.

But lets get back on topic hey

Japan you say :cool:

Yeah ... one of my favorite countries. Aussie girls as hot as some of them are don't even come close to J-girls.

yeah, i was thinking of Japan too. and those crazy japanese are into anything! :eek:but hey, back on topic...

They like western men with hairy bodies. Not exactly a common theme within the asian culture.

Give me a good down to earth Australian with her Visa rights any day.

We might have just about put the OP from ever coming down under with our blokey discussions about Asian girls.

We might have just about put the OP from ever coming down under with our blokey discussions about Asian girls.

Not quite. Just dont leave Changi airport during the connecting flights. Its a whole different world out there. Im going to be in Changi airport at 9pm and my next flight wont be until 1:20pm the next day. Im checking into the hotel and then both of us will decide whether or not we want to hit China town for some knock off's.

Depends on how tired or hungry we are........

Everybody should see Asia. You dont necessarily have to backpack to get there. Sure its cheaper and you get it all done in one year but you have your whole life.

Australia is an amazing place. I loved Hillary Harbour in Perth but after I left it burnt down and somebody poisoned the dolphins. Nice !

I love Rottnest Island and cant wait to go back on my bike with my snorkel gear.

I loved Freemantle and will defo be making a drunken visit.

I am heading to Margaret river. Beach picnic with two bottles of wine. One each of course.

If only I could walk away from all my Irish debt and moved to Aus for the rest of my life.

If only I could walk away from all my Irish debt and moved to Aus for the rest of my life.
    The thoughts of me living in Australia for the rest of my life doesn't really excite me that much as much as I love it and think it is one of the best countries in the world to bring up kids.

The thoughts of me living in Australia for the rest of my life doesn't really excite me that much as much as I love it and think it is one of the best countries in the world to bring up kids.

Tell my sister. She lives in Perth, got married in Perth and has two kids in Perth. She would contest that everything is good for them. Her husband earns more money than he would have in Ireland or the UK(he is originally from UK) as a mechanic. The weather is better and long story short the quality of life is better.

I would agree as the quality of life for me in Ireland is terrible. A new life and a new me is wait would await me in Australia. Alas no trade no entry.

Pick yourself a fine Aussie sheila and get married. Problem solved :D

Pick yourself a fine Aussie sheila and get married. Problem solved :D

My Irish Fiancee may have slight issues with that unless we convert to mormanism or something similar.

I dont like Sheila's, the ruined television with that Sheila's wheel advert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrKaQRIXPNw

• Advertisement

Tell my sister. She lives in Perth, got married in Perth and has two kids in Perth. She would contest that everything is good for them. Her husband earns more money than he would have in Ireland or the UK(he is originally from UK) as a mechanic. The weather is better and long story short the quality of life is better.

I would agree as the quality of life for me in Ireland is terrible. A new life and a new me is wait would await me in Australia. Alas no trade no entry.

not necessarily....t'isnt just trades they're looking for...

My Irish Fiancee may have slight issues with that unless we convert to mormanism or something similar.

I dont like Sheila's, the ruined television with that Sheila's wheel advert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrKaQRIXPNw
    Sorry man didn't mean to be presumptuous.

Give me an Irish lass any day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I'm here to maybe make the OP feel a bit more at home and to put in a good word for the Aussie men. They're the best ;)

Most backpaper travel with backpackers, go to backpacker places and stay in backpacker places.

I dont know any stories from my friends where they ever reffered for an Aussie girl. My sister for example met her husband whilst travelling in Australia.

Mind you they were not married when they might, that would have been unfortunate. :D

Advertisement