Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who ate all the pies.

• 09-11-2008 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Right.

Been a while since I did any significant working out. So here goes

Got my spanking new power rack and equipment (thanks Irish Lifting).

Weight 15 St 7. (estimated bodyfat at 28% - educated guess)

Waist - 40 inches
    Bicep - 14.5 inches
    Chest - 42.5 inches
    Thighs - 25 inches

3x8 55kg - Flat Bench

3x3 Dips (does anyone have any ideas on how to make this easier at the start? Its far FAR harder than having even a small bit of weight assistance from a machine, I have a feeling I need to build up strength another way before I can do these properly. ie I cant get very low)

3x3 Underhand chin-ups (same with these, bloody hard at full bodyweight equiv of 98 kilos, there must be another way to build up strength so I can do these correctly)

3x8 60kg Squats (I used to do these at 90kg, but I cant believe the amount of strength I lost in 6 months away from the gym)

Tomorrow its Deadlifts and Shoulder presses (and DOMS).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Best of luck with this.

On the dips and chins, just keep at them and you'll come on in leaps and bounds. Even doing several singles (1 rep) will be very beneficial.

Since you have some nice shiny equipment you can hit those same muscles a few different ways. Try some close grip bench presses for your tri's and some bent over rows for your back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

*googles*

Cheers for that.

All I can say today is "ow"

3x8 60kg Deadlifts - Trying to take it slowly to avoid startup injury, but personally I think I can do way heavier.

3x1 Underhand Chinups

3x10 Hanging knee lifts
    3x20 Declined bench situps (nice DOMS from this this morning)

Didnt do the shoulder presses as I need to actually move the rack out from the wall to get room to do it. I hadnt factored in how much room behind my head I would need when I built it.

This is planned for tonight.

3x8 60kg Flat Bench
    3x10 20kg bicep curls with bar only
    3x10 20kg Standing shoulder presses with bar only
    3x1 Dips (these arent getting easier - they are actually getting harder)

I read a lot of logs yesterday to get some ideas, I realised exactly how light the stuff I am doing is compared to some.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Jumpy wrote: »
    I read a lot of logs yesterday to get some ideas, I realised exactly how light the stuff I am doing is compared to some.

Don't worry about comparisons with others. Learn the form and get comfy before stressing on the amount lifted. Keep it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement