Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's the best organic skincare & makeup range you've tried?

• 09-11-2008 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I've been desperately trying to switch from my normal makeup and skincare stuff to organic/natural. But all of the organic & natural stuff is just rubbish! None of the mineral foundation powders or natural liquid concealers make my skin look good or cover blemishes well. And I can't find a good natural skincare range. At the moment I'm using Akamuti but their products are almost totally made of oil and leave my skin really oily and don't remove makeup that well. I've tried lots of other brands as well. I just want an organic cleanser that removes makeup well and doesn't leave my skin oily and a really good concealer that totally covers blemishes and lasts all day. But at this rate I think I'm going to have to go back to Estee Lauder and Dermalogica with all of their parabens and other nasties!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Lush all the way. They have all natural products at good prices and they actually work! Herbalism cleanser is the shiznit, as well as ultra bland for getting the makeup off.

I also use Everyday Minerals concealer which does wonders covering the mess around my nose. Normal chemist cosmetic lines that have brought out mineral foundations (L'Oreal, Maybeline etc...) aren't natural products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I've tried Everyday Minerals, Inika, Jane Iredale, Lily Lolo, My Beautiful Earth and loads of others for mineral foundations and none of them were anywhere near as good as my Estee Lauder! Thanks for the Lush link, I'll check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I love Dr Hauschka skincare, haven't tried any natural brand make up though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've also used eyeshadow from a sister company of Lush - here. I'm not sure what the foundations are like, but the products I have tried are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Joleigh

Has anyone used CMH essentials? A friend of mine started using it a while ago and swears by it. Think I might order a starter pack. This is the website http://www.cmhessentials.com/store2/index.php although I'd prefer to hear some more reviews before I buy! Its all powders, dont know If I'd trust just powder to make me look good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I've had a look at the Lush page, and alot of their products contain parabens, perfume and other dodgy ingredients. I wouldn't call them natural.

Advertisement