Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't play for 48 hours.

• 09-11-2008 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Nice...

Since my realm has a 92% Horde majority, myself and my mates decided to migrate so that we'll actually be able to level with out getting jumped by the 10 horde to every one of us. So I go to my account management page and my transfer gets approved.

I go to finalise the payment and it turned out that stupidly I had entered the incorrect security number on the back of my card. My payments get banned for 24 hours which is fine, because it was my mistake. I shouldn't have been trying to remember the number by memory. Anyway, I go to enter the correct details to finalise my payment today, 24 hours after my last attempt and it bans my payment again for another 24 hours, despite having the correct details for my card this time.

Now because I have a character awaiting transfer, I can't log in. Shit like this really pisses me off. Currently waiting for a reply to my billing support email. The fact is that I shouldn't be paying for a transfer in the first place because of a broken server.

Anyone ever have any problems like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Oh it gets even better. Randomly, the email address to which the account billing and support people are going to reply to, has been suspended for some reason.

It's as if there's some magical WoW God that doesn't want me to play the game for the next 24 hours or something This is all very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

You could try going outside for a little bit? Perhaps even talking to some people of the opposite gender?

Hellm0 wrote: »
    You could try going outside for a little bit? Perhaps even talking to some people of the opposite gender?
    First of all, who goes out on a Sunday night?
    Second of all, are you suggesting that because I'm pissed off about not having access to something I'm paying for, I have no life? I have a complaint as a consumer. I can live with out wow. It's the principal. of getting fucked over by some bug in their security system that is annoying me. Not the inability to play wow, so I'd suggest you shut the fuck up.

Third of all, I've been working all weekend and now that I have a little time off and I want to play my favourite game with a few of my mates and I can't. So forgive me for being a little annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Take a chill pill dude !

You sure your credit card isn't maxed or if your bank hasn't blocked it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

Hi Mr Ass Face,im sure we all understand your being "annoyed" at blizzard or whatever,but please dont come here and start abusing people because you have been working all weekend etc,i suggest you go read the forum rules.
    PS. maybe going to the wow europe forums and venting there might ease your evident mental anxiety

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Ass Face wrote: »
    Oh it gets even better. Randomly, the email address to which the account billing and support people are going to reply to, has been suspended for some reason.

It's as if there's some magical WoW God that doesn't want me to play the game for the next 24 hours or something This is all very strange.

Happened to me a few times, Sometimes it's your bank, it's an anti-fraud thing they do. Contact them to check.

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    Hi Mr Ass Face,im sure we all understand your being "annoyed" at blizzard or whatever,but please dont come here and start abusing people because you have been working all weekend etc,i suggest you go read the forum rules.
    PS. maybe going to the wow europe forums and venting there might ease your evident mental anxiety
    I didn't come here and start anything. I posted a thread about how I can't play wow because of a bug in their security features and I get some troll telling me that I don't have a life because I'm complaining that I can't play because of it.

Thanks to everyone else who actually posted constructive posts. I don't think it's my bank. Still awaiting feedback from one of their Billing support guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

if you cant handle a troll get a life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm sure security is pretty decent since since phishing scams are rampant, they can't be too careful or they'd just get people complaining they weren't secure enough afterwards. See what Billing support say, play some other game(s) in the meantime :)

Leave out the abuse in future, and tisk tisk on the trolling Hellm0.

Ass Face wrote: »
    I don't think it's my bank. Still awaiting feedback from one of their Billing support guys.

Used your credit card anywhere else since this happened? Give them a call. As I said, banks now randomly reject, then lock-out credit cards and transactions as part of their anti-fraud measures. It's happened to me twice. No harm calling them at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i would be freaked out too man. dyin for a game and that sh1t happens. and blizz didnt help too much either did they.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

DRakE wrote: »
    if you cant handle a troll get a life

thats no help as a moderator! you should be there to moderate not cheer on the trolls... that comment was compltly unneccasry by that guy and ive been banned on the bands forum for somethign les insulting than that. i feel the guys annoyance with the whole being unable to play a game that he loves because a small gltich... like say your inablity to moderate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

thats no help as a moderator! you should be there to moderate not cheer on the trolls... . like say your inablity to moderate!

How about your inability to read?

Hes not a mod od this board and as such is unable to moderate this board.

Good try though, im sure the bands forum is all the richer for your PowerFighting.

Oh, ontopic. Nice username.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Cat-YouJustGotServed.jpg
    :(

How about your inability to type?
    Dustaz wrote: »
    How about your inability to read?

Hes not a mod od this board and as such is unable to moderate this board.

I think you meant to say 'he's not a mod ON this board' or 'he's not a mod of thos board' haha this could go on forever...

ive got a personal grudge against moderaters now since that childish incident on the bands forum, cmon who's gonna moderate the moderaters?

outfront-conspiracy-watch-tin-foil-hat-big.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Extracting peoples posts for typos is the lowest of the retarded low.

But may i remind you all Ivan has made a post on this forum regarding these sort of posts, which im sure many of you are infracting now, including myself.

Can we all grow a pair and stop being wow europe forums please...

If i wanted to have a go at some keyboard warriors id go into PS3 forum and start a thread " So Xbox is roxxorz in uR boxx0rz"

Anyone who even kills one boss gets kudos in my view, tried it tonight for the laugh and we got mauled, bosses took eternity to get down, being set for 80 and all, it was nigh on impossible.

We got SO annoyed...we went and downed illidan instead...then archiemonde.

Think that says it all about city bosses now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

Well I think if you simply cancelled the process of the transfer you can log back on your character and away you go.

You would still have to investigate to see why you could not transfer, but you can play wow at the same time this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Wow, I should come here more often... When do we start talking about slave labour and GM going under???

Anyway, OP, I am sure you are annoyed with blizzard, comming here sure done you little help.

Suggestion, a previous poster has suggested ringing your bank. They should be available out of normal business hours. Try emailing blizzard themselves or take it further and ring them (only number available is the english one, sorry)

Never happened to me personaly, goodluck with it anyway.

took me 11days to get a response from blizzard email support. AND They asked me for more information such as my email address, log in name, password, all the usuals but what really annoyed me was that to send them an email you have to included that in the support toolbar script so they obviously had all this. and there is no irish contact numbers even tho they have an huge irish base and a support centre in swords!! very bad customer service!

• Advertisement

Say that to them then, give them a good bitching :P Personally I think their customer service is good. Ingame especially although can take a while. The GM's more than likely have a protocal. What if you Emailed them from work, or use differant Emails for differant things, as I do. One for signups, one for games, one for spam (signups) one for communication.

11 days seems a bit long. We should ask for an Irish number to be set up but how the hell would we go about doing this? There is a large number of the population playing the game, so why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Also if they asked you for your password it wasn't Blizzard.

Oh yes, don't be fooled by them damned emails. If blizzard are going to take action it will be from the official blizzard team, not from gamemaster.blizzard@hotmail.com... :P

I have seen two types of these mails, one is very very good the other is rediculous. If you seem to have any doubts, log on and sent a ticket ingame. They might be able to help..

Anyway, don't give them your password at all, I think the most they ask for is your CD key and proof of ID.

gave up hope with them... lost my old character, my own fault tho....so i went out and bought the battle chest for €20 great bargain only downfall was it was like version2 .1 or somethin so took hours to update!!

we then got asked to change ou guild name from Jenova's Witnesses... as in Jenova from Final Fantasy 7 but they thougth it was too religious or some crap like that.. .can we appeal this to a supervisor or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

gave up hope with them... lost my old character, my own fault tho....so i went out and bought the battle chest for €20 great bargain only downfall was it was like version2 .1 or somethin so took hours to update!!

we then got asked to change ou guild name from Jenova's Witnesses... as in Jenova from Final Fantasy 7 but they thougth it was too religious or some crap like that.. .can we appeal this to a supervisor or something?

No

No?!! thats a bit final isnt it.. surely thats not fair and if he gave us a fair chance... maybe they dont want to advertise a charcter in another game or something.. is there a character in WoW called jenova?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think you meant to say 'he's not a mod ON this board' or 'he's not a mod of thos board' haha this could go on forever...

ive got a personal grudge against moderaters now since that childish incident on the bands forum, cmon who's gonna moderate the moderaters?

oh good an grammar and spelling nazi - did you mean to spell "this" as "thos"?

The admins mod the mods - but it's cool you fight the power, you are the last angry man tasked with taking down this unlawful regimé.
    they have an huge irish base and a support centre in swords!! very bad customer service!

They haven't been in swords for a long time now.
    No?!! thats a bit final isnt it.. surely thats not fair and if he gave us a fair chance... maybe they dont want to advertise a charcter in another game or something.. is there a character in WoW called jenova?

I'm pretty sure it's just that they don't allow religious names etc. as they have no place in the game, while it's clear you've changed the name slightly to reflect a character in another game, you've now broken 2 of there rules.

1. It's a play on words on a "religious order"
    2. You're using the name of a copywriten character from another franchise.

wats ur beef man we've been through this already and its all done and settled!! your worse than me!

and btw the stable master in sw is called Jenova Stoneshield.... the name Jenova itself wouldnt be copyrighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sometimes I think you can tell who plays alliance by the way that talk. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sometimes I think you can tell who plays alliance by the way that talk. ;)

Amen brother Karl

/2 [Trade Channel] someone ban this fewl !

Advertisement