Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

"Forwarding" a URL address

• 09-11-2008 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have a basic website on googlepages.com. However, the site does not get listed in Google, as in if I put the name of the website into the google search bar, nothing comes up. I have just registered a domain name using "godaddy.com" as I read that it's good and cheap. What I want to happen now is that when people search for the new domain I have created, it'll come up in the search results. However, when they click on it, I would like it to go to my googlepages.com site - it means I would have free hosting and the domain name I want. From what I read, this is possible but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this!!!
    Can anyone help please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

you can setup a redirect, but that wouldn't get your domain spidered by the SE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭highdef

OK, two questions: How do I set up a re-direct?
    And secondly, how do I get it spidered by a search engine???

I'm such a newbie......sorry!!! :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Go Daddy should allow you to forward your domain to your googlepages subdomain in the control panel. It is possible then to submit your site to the major search engines but other pages on the site wont be indexed as there not linked to the domain (just google pages sub domain)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭highdef

Thanks Yoyo....got it. Thanks!!! :)

Advertisement