Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo artist

Options
  • 09-11-2008 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey
    Ive wanted to be a tattoo artist for as long as I can rember.
    Im realy good at art which is my only passion. Im only 16 at the moment so I cant obviously do it yet... But when i am old enought does anyone know on how to get into the buisness??? :confused:

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

AFAIK, you'd need to get an apprenticeship in a tattoo studio, which from what I've heard are very difficult to get. A mate of mine recently started one in Arklow and she'd been trying for years to get it. Is there a studio near you that you could drop in and see if they've got any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

my ex started an apprenticeship in snakebite a while back.
    drop into your local studio and ask maybe?just have a chat with one of the dudes in there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

go to college.

getting into tattooing is a slog, and have qualifications outside tattooing is a good insurance policy

plus, you are more likely to get an apprenticeship after 23 than before, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

hot2def wrote: »
    go to college.

getting into tattooing is a slog, and have qualifications outside tattooing is a good insurance policy

plus, you are more likely to get an apprenticeship after 23 than before, imo

I would agree, go to art college and learn more about styles and practices, also learn more about body. Its not just a case inking someone, there is so much preperation to be done, aftercare.

Go and buy yourself some good books about where it all started, learn the history of tattooing

Advertisement