Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louis Therouxs Weird Weekends

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ummm yes. He was on WCW's radar and they got him out to the powerplant. In the end he ended up signing a contract with WWE who sent him to OVW.

You wrote this:
    Lesnar went through the Power Plant also

Which implies more just walking around it. Im not even sure that is even true. Can you provide a source for this?

rovert wrote: »
    Can you provide a source for this?

Yes

Yes

Post it then

Post it then

Did that to annoy you :)

To be honest you not going to find much of a source about it , its not like it was news material. I remember it well though as he was an Animal collage wrestler and he was heading to pro wrestling. The news at the time was WCW was getting the hottest prospect out there. The news then was he was out there in the powerplant training or what have you.

The next news which was not too long after was he had signed with the WWE . They even did a small piece on the magazine about him. But he was signed to a contract with the WWe before even starting in OVW.

Did that to annoy you :)

No but it is against the charter, I asked politely too.

To be honest you not going to find much of a source about it , its not like it was news material.

Goodness knows there isnt much written on the internet about Brock's life especially this week. :rolleyes:
    I remember it well though as he was an Animal collage wrestler and he was heading to pro wrestling. The news at the time was WCW was getting the hottest prospect out there. The news then was he was out there in the powerplant training or what have you. .

Didnt you just say:
    not like it was news material.
    The next news which was not too long after was he had signed with the WWE . They even did a small piece on the magazine about him. But he was signed to a contract with the WWe before even starting in OVW.

Gerald Briscoe's best friend was Brock's Wrestling coach and Gerald Briscoe recuited Lesnar to the WWF at the time straight out of college. This is the story Ive always read.

If he did he did . I dont know the full story I remember there was a little talk about it on one of the talk shows grish used to do .

If he did he did . I dont know the full story I remember there was a little talk about it on one of the talk shows grish used to do .

Still if this was true it isnt proof that the Power Plant was successful. Quite the opposite actually. Id say Brock would have thought the place was a kip and that he knew more about Wrestling than the instructors there.

Still if this was true it isnt proof that the Power Plant was successful. Quite the opposite actually. Id say Brock would have thought the place was a kip and that he knew more about Wrestling than the instructors there.

Paul Orndorff ..............

He continues his dissertation on the great potential for the Next Big Radio Show Advice Wrestler for a good few minutes, mentioning how he actually flew Brock to the Power Plant a few years back when he was managing WCW’s training facility.“I knew right then that this kid had something. Because if you look out there, you’ll see it, man, he’s an animal. And if I were to train Brock - he’s got a body, he’s uglier than hell, he’s very aggressive, he’s an NCAA champion, he knows how to get down - that’s somebody that I could train, I could make him.”

You cant say that the Powerplant was not successfull.

Paul Orndorff ..............

He continues his dissertation on the great potential for the Next Big Radio Show Advice Wrestler for a good few minutes, mentioning how he actually flew Brock to the Power Plant a few years back when he was managing WCW’s training facility.“I knew right then that this kid had something. Because if you look out there, you’ll see it, man, he’s an animal. And if I were to train Brock - he’s got a body, he’s uglier than hell, he’s very aggressive, he’s an NCAA champion, he knows how to get down - that’s somebody that I could train, I could make him.”

You cant say that the Powerplant was not successfull.

Paul once said he was offered the lead role in Rambo or something.

Again still the PowerPlant cant claim credit any of Brock's success besides giving Brock leverage when negoiating his first contract with WWF.

• Advertisement

Paul once said he was offered the lead role in Rambo or something.

Again still the PowerPlant cant claim credit any of Brock's success besides giving Brock leverage when negoiating his first contract with WWF.

The powerplant never did . But thats really what it was all about . The contract .

Yeah Ordorff was offered a part in Rocky 2 and Rambo and Vince said no :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Bringing up an OLD post but this is being repeated right now on Dave ja vu - Sky channel 158. ;)
    Cringe inducing but very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Lol between here and Rock & Metal, there are more zombies than there are in an Evil Dead movie!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I saw the rovert post from 2008 at the top of the page and thought the legend was back.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I caught a bit of it earlier. Not really the sort of thing I wanted to watch though, the WCW bit got me mad :pac: Never noticed Roddy Piper's wrist though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Saw this a good few years back. Savage came across as a major prick in it, sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Saw this a good few years back. Savage came across as a major prick in it, sadly.

I didn't really think so. He'd just arrived at the building and didn't have a clue who the hell the guy with the camera was. He was under no obligation to stick around

Advertisement