Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to upgrade unlocked &jailbroken Iphone 1.1.4 to 2.1 safely?

• 09-11-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭

Hello people, I have just bought an unlocked(using anySIM)/jailbroken iphone recently and i would like to know if its possible to safely update the iphone to v2.1 safely? i have itunes installed already (v8.01) and it is currently set to sync with my itouch, i havent connected my iphone yet,afraid to do so!? any body with any ideas?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

i dunno i thought apple added somethin in each update that would lock the iphone when its updated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

thats what im afraid of,just posting here to see if its possible,if i cant update it is is still ok to plug the iphone in to my coputer and transfer some music across,all comments welcome!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

i would say its ok to connect with the pc

I synced it to my itunes and got my music across no problem, now i just need to learn how to update the phone to v2.1 safely, heard people on about a pwnage tool, bit confusing to me at the moment but researching it as much as i can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

There's a link in the iPhone first generation megathread that I followed to go from 1.1.3 to 2.1. No problems whatsoever, very straight forward.

No problems syncing afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

This thread will help, almost exactly the same as your question.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055400590

And this Link will show you how to do the upgrade and jailbreaking/unlocking

Upgraded my 1.1.4 to 2.1 using the same method above a few weeks ago and at times I wish I didn't as it has become quite slow.
    But there are loads of Apps you can get from the iTunes store for free... Free I tells ya... :D

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Dammer wrote: »

Upgraded my 1.1.4 to 2.1 using the same method above a few weeks ago and at times I wish I didn't as it has become quite slow.
    But there are loads of Apps you can get from the iTunes store for free... Free I tells ya... :D

Good luck

Was about to post a fairly detailed guide and there it is already :)

I did this recently to my old iPhone before giving it away after buying the 3G. Works fine. I found a few issues at the beginning with the signal being low but a quick fix and everything was sorted!

Thanks for all the replies lads,gonna give the update a go tonight id say.. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies lads,gonna give the update a go tonight id say.. :eek:

Any issues just fire me a PM. I came across every single error, bug and problem that there could have possibly been when I did it because I didn't bother reading anything. Just dove in and hoped for the best :)

Success!!!!:D thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Use one of the Apps here.....I've done it and they work perfect....just follow the instructions....also handy if your iphone refuses to turn on....

http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11&seid=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 anthomas8

After reading this i am not sure of going ahead with the upgrade....

When you say your phone have become quite slow what exactly do you mean??? isnt it annoying??

Thanks...
    Dammer wrote: »

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

anthomas8 wrote: »
    After reading this i am not sure of going ahead with the upgrade....

When you say your phone have become quite slow what exactly do you mean??? isnt it annoying??

Thanks...

follow my link above iclarified above....follow the instructions and you'll be fine....

Advertisement