Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone have a Parrot MKi9X00 car kit installed.

Options
  • 09-11-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone got one of the new Parrot MKi9000 series installed and have any opinions on it. Looking at getting one but not much reviews on them yet. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

I'm interested in one too! I called Halfords in Carrickmines and they quote 269 EUR plus 60 EUR installation. That's a tad pricey, ain't it? Perhaps he got mixed up with the MKi9200, which has a colour screen.. :o

Anyways, anyone got one of these installed already?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

eko wrote: »
    I'm interested in one too! I called Halfords in Carrickmines and they quote 269 EUR plus 60 EUR installation. That's a tad pricey, ain't it? Perhaps he got mixed up with the MKi9200, which has a colour screen.. :o

Anyways, anyone got one of these installed already?

Definitely pricey. Decided to get one anyway and bought on ebay for about €165 delivered, going to install it myself, did a CK3200 before and was pretty easy. Halfords will want a further €30 or more for the lead you need as well. Will let you know how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Definitely pricey. Decided to get one anyway and bought on ebay for about €165 delivered, going to install it myself, did a CK3200 before and was pretty easy. Halfords will want a further €30 or more for the lead you need as well. Will let you know how i get on.

Thanks cgc, please do let me know how you get on, as the unit looks pretty good. I've not used any previous Parrot kits before though.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Streete

cgc5483 wrote: »

I'd also be interested in hearing how you get on CGC:)

Anyone have any idea on what an independent installer would charge if you supplied the kit yourself or do such people exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 grandview

Yeah i would be interested how ye get on. I saw on Parrot.ie that you can get the MKi9200 installed for €299.00. (Just to let ye know i have nothing to do with them)
    Anyone know how the parrot Mki9200 works with Ipods re accessing the menus and scanning through music. Have scanned the web and cant seem to find much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Hi Guys. Was away with work for a week so only just got to install this today. Unfortunately i can't get the remote to work properly which seems to be a bit of a common problem. When i mess around with the battery it worked once but when i put the battery cover back on it stopped. Will be onto Parrot in the morning to get this sorted.

Otherwise it's a nice piece of kit. Connected to my phone easily and transferred my contacts without prompting. Could play my mp3 player through the auxillary input. Didn't get to try the iPod connection or the bluetooth just yet as probably need to be able to control the screen with the remote. Looks like it has good potential as the sound quality was excellent. Will let ye know how i get on with Parrot.

Advertisement