Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lipo with a G&G AEG

Options
  • 09-11-2008 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Can this use a 11.1v lipo battery at stock, since G&G supposedly have great gearboxes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Can this use a 11.1v lipo battery at stock, since G&G supposedly have great gearboxes.

ive already asked man, its their current experiment, i think they said the gearboxes shouldnt be a bother but rather testing if the wiring can take the heat, heres me fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Yeah I reckon the gearbox could take the stress without any hassle, but the wiring isn't set up for that kind of power so it'd need electrical overhauling, including sticking in a MOSFET allow the trigger to work without burning it's contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Cheers for the replies, let me know how the experiment goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

Whats a lipo battery? Is that a attery with a second connector? And then whats that 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Whats a lipo battery? Is that a attery with a second connector? And then whats that 4?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-polymer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

They are batteries that are capable of producing much higher current and voltage than a standard NiMh or Nicd battery, yet are very small and light.
    Normally used in model airplanes and cars, but in airsoft they are used to increase the rate of fire and trigger response of an AEG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

hi there,
    Ive done some research as well, because ive been planning to use lipo on my G n G m4cqb-r, stick a tootsie roll type 11.1v on the stock. based on the filairsoft forum lipo 11.1 v is not recommended on low fps aeg like 350-370(loads of input there as lipo has been use there for like 2-3yrs). Unlike in my country the lowest set-up is 450 and hi's of 550-600 and not to mention the weather factor thats why wt. to power ratio and sheer power makes it a good choice to rev hi power springs. Try vtecs advise as he is good esp. with G n G brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Depends on how fast you want to run it - but with a few mods and a Mosfet, most guns can handle lipos fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

heres a mad one for you how long would a dboys m4 last with a lipo battery in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

not long, I have seen brens kea **** itself in about 3 weeks so I wouldn't expect a dboys to do better.
    But you never know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

would a vfc hk416 take a lipo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

tecnically "any" gun will take a lipo, its just a larger voltage battery in really simple terms. however i wouldnt use a lipo battery without a mosfet fitted to the gun., guns break on normal batterys all the time and the same will apply to lipo batterys.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

stupid question but what is a mosfet:confused:

Advertisement