Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Does Over Exposure Ruin the Experience

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    The thing is, nobody ever denied that Metallica ever changed, and i had a huge debate with Rockee about this in the DM thread a while back. Metallica became more popular because they changed their style, and it worked.

Yes Metallica increased their poularity due to the black album, but ask any metallica fan what their favourite album is now and i'll gaurantee MOP, AJFA and RTL will be on top... TBA got people interested in metallica. these three albums cemented that interest.
    You are right there. Never before in history have a band tried to prosecute fans for listening to and supporting their own music. They may not have been monitarily supporting it but it was giving kids who couldn't afford to buy their albums the chance to be introduced to them.

And if any band other than metallica had done this they would have been applauded. People think metallica screwed over the common man, i ask you, if you had made an album that you had put considerable hours and effort into, would you have liked it given away for free? And the answer metallica are multi millionaires is not a valid answer. Think of a band starting out, all their hard work for nothing because their "fans" downloaded their music for free... Metallica protected those bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Degag wrote: »
    Yes Metallica increased their poularity due to the black album, but ask any metallica fan what their favourite album is now and i'll gaurantee MOP, AJFA and RTL will be on top... TBA got people interested in metallica. these three albums cemented that interest.

You'll hear no argument from me on that one. It's also those 3 albums which people these days yearn for, and thought they were gonna get with both St Anger and Death Magnetic.

Disappointment sucks, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Down on the upside is my favourite album. I find it depressing, and I like that as it reminds of when I first started listening to it.

I'd probably find it depressing to looking back as they'd split not long after the release of that album.

Badmotorfinger! After that, there's no going back! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    You'll hear no argument from me on that one. It's also those 3 albums which people these days yearn for, and thought they were gonna get with both St Anger and Death Magnetic.

Disappointment sucks, eh?

st. anger,yeah it sucked.

death magnetic,no it didn't,it's a fantastic album,not the best album in world history but a worthy successor to their early output imo.;)

Advertisement