Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The cough

• 10-11-2008 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

well ive been off the fags now over a week after 3 days I noticed my lungs felt better, but at day 7 ive developed a really dry hard cough that comes and goes, is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Evil-p

Hi,

I'm off the smokes 9 weeks today and i did get a cough though i got it after about 15 days off the smokes. I also got a killer sore throat that lasted about 8 day including completly losing my voice!! i was in better health when i smoked :D!!! Other than that i've been fine. If you look it up on the net appartently its quite common as its a way for the lungs to clear out the tarry gunk you've been putting on them by smoking so enjoy the cough......it means your body is healing itself!! Best of luck staying off them!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yeah, as Evil said, the cough is natural, you have coated your lungs with gunk and now it's getting rid of it, as your body adjusts to getting rid of the nasty stuff in your body you might get a couple of colds or something, but nothing compared to what you'd get if you continued smoking

Advertisement