Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being featured in a documentary without permission?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I've been featured in a documentary about a band that has been screened in a cinema in England and is due for a UK release (and possibly worldwide). There was a film crew filming at a gig I was at and they also filmed outside after the gig when a few fans where meeting the band. Many people were asked did they want to be filmed and those who answered yes were interviewed, photographed and were asked to sign release forms. I didn't want to be involved in this so I stood to the side and kept to myself. Eventually the crowd broke up and as one of the band members was walking towards his car I stopped him to ask him for an autograph and I gave him a present (a tshirt I had made) and we had a bit of a chat.

Anyway, while this was going on the film crew were filming us. Afterwards they didn't ask me to sign a release or anything and in fact they left pretty quick and were gone before I knew it. I assumed that because they didn't ask my permission or ask me to sign a form then they couldn't use this footage and I didn't think about it.

The rough cut has just been screened and the footage of me is in the film.

So what's the story here ? Are they allowed do that ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

by the law no they are not allowed.

Simply drop the production company a email/phonecall requesting to have yourself removed.
    They shouldnt be too fussed if its still in its rough cut stage, dont leave it til the final cut and its being screened cause that will just make everything more difficult.

Advertisement