Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Heating Oil

Options
  • 10-11-2008 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Tis getting cold and I'm thinking of geting a bit of oil for the house! Anybody recommend where or who to get it off? Any good deals around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I did a check around last week and found pretty tiny difference between em..

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

I did a check around last week and found pretty tiny difference between em..

Just out of interest what sort of prices were you quoted?

I *think* it was .70-.715c per litre incl VAT or so, I was checking for home and not for myself. That was from 5 or 6 places and there was neglible difference between them. They did say it would be going down everywhere this week though just in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Thanks, I'm going to be out of oil soon but I'll probably leave it until I am, and pay whatever it is then, but hopefully less as they said.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

500L is sub €300 now.

Yup, I was getting quoted about 450L for e300 with the word that it would go down shortly..

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

Cheers to all the posters - particularly those who suggested holding off a week or two if there was a bit of oil left.

Any mod around who might sticky a grand unified post?

Now's the time to check it out though I mean, it was two weeks ago that the told me wait til the following week to catch the drop in price...

Advertisement