Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 download limit

Options
  • 10-11-2008 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about the 02 broadband bill. Ive a 10gb monthly limit and on the 1st of november i noticed the stats screen had it reset to 0 again for teh start of the month. Does this mean my limit has been reset for the month or do 02 just count it themselves from the day you purchased it as i got my broadband in the middle of october and not on the 1st? Like im on 5gb downloaded in november so far but i havent had my 02 bb for a month yet...Not sure if i explained that too well. Anyone understand what im on about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

No you get 10gb a month and it resets on the 1st so theoretically if you joined on the 31st you could download 10GB and then it would reset the next day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I know what you mean but I'm not sure of the answer. With BT/Eircon etc it's a rolling 30 days. BT's online meter is calendar month tho. I'd guess O2 is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

mumhaabu wrote: »
    No you get 10gb a month and it resets on the 1st so theoretically if you joined on the 31st you could download 10GB and then it would reset the next day!

It doesn't reset on the 1st of every month ya clown. I got mine on the 24th of a month. So my usage rests on midnight every 25th of each month. So the 24th of October would mean it resets on 25th of November. Not exactly rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Macros42 wrote: »
    I know what you mean but I'm not sure of the answer. With BT/Eircon etc it's a rolling 30 days. BT's online meter is calendar month tho. I'd guess O2 is the same.

Not technically true, BT throttle under a rolling 30 day cap but If they were to start charging they would have to work on the calender month because of being unable to monitor usage effectively enough to be charged. Eircom works with a calender month even though its a moot point since they don't throttle or charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Go the the Broadband stats page, and you'll see Data used since last bill, and a date. The "from date" is when it was last reset, so that's the date you want to know.

o2bbjf4.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement