Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGP 8x card for P4 computer

Options
  • 10-11-2008 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I'm after getting my hands on a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz p from work for a song and am using it to replace what I use at home. The last one had a Radeon 256MB and it worked fine, but was low profile so I'm leaving it in the case and flogging it. It will be for Internet use and home theatre - being connected to my flatscreen. It would need DVI connectivity at a minimum. I haven't bothered installing media centre or anything, but may in the near future.

I am looking for an AGP card that would tide me over for the next year or so. I have seen the Radeon HD 3850 on Dabs and Komplett (€110 to €135), but wonder if my PC would take it, or if it is overkill. I don't bother with games much but would like the option I suppose.

My new machine is a HP d330M tower version and has 2.5 gig of RAM.

Any thoughts anyone?
    Tom...

Comments

Advertisement