Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scum Distribution ???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

CAB are currently investigating things in Limerick. They raided some solicitor's and accountants firms in Limerick over the summer.

Christ! someone works even slower than me? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

As bad as some solicitor's are, they don't run around shooting people. Maybe the cab need to get their priorities sorted out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    As bad as some solicitor's are, they don't run around shooting people. Maybe the cab need to get their priorities sorted out

:rolleyes:

They raided the offices of the solicitors and accountants who are defending the scumbags to try and gather information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

They raided the offices of the solicitors and accountants who are defending the scumbags to try and gather information.

I sincerely hope he was joking....

Yes, they are looking into where the money's gone and which solicitors and accountants are helping them hide it.

Topper, it's not an easy job to trawl through years and years of complicated files.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Helikaon

The problem lies with the chourts. How many of these guys have 30 or more previous convictions. The gaurds catch these guys,the judges fail to do justice.
    When did Life become 15 years for a murderer.
    Bring back the death penalty. There is no other solution. Fight fire with fire...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There was a stabbing up in Ballinacura this evening as well. Not sure of the details but I'm sure we can expect another few weeks of tit for tat violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

You know, in my three and a half years here, I've never seen you be anything other than maniacally depressed about living in Limerick. That's fair enough, but what's stopping you from leaving? Why are you spending year after year in a place you not only dislike, but positively hate. The world is a big place, and I'm sure you can find somewhere where you will be happy. Go, spread your wings, don't be one of those bitter old men who look back and wish they left when they had time to do it.

Taking clock, same applies to you.

Now, I'm not pretending Limerick is perfect, I'm as angry, saddened and depressed about the recent murder as anyone on here, but I'm fully aware that if I ever come to hate the place I'll jump on a flight and leave.

That's all true Amazo, to be honest I admire the positive posts on this Forum a lot more than I do the cynical, griping ones of the type I'm often guilty of...... Having said that though, I will say that "Hey! lets just ignore the menacing Elephant in the corner" sentiment that sometimes dominates around here is misguided, depressing and ultimately dangerous. Limerick has a pile of negatives that should be discussed and highlighted before being tackled head-on; not ignored on a daily basis while being left to fester, breed and multiply......We're having that plain fact illustrated for us almost every day now, with some paying a far higher price than others......

As for me? I'm not quite free to leave due to a number of circumstances..... The fact is though that if I had the opportunity, could rearrange a few variables and the means to pick up and leave, then I'd be long gone - especially now that I have children who are currently not being and probably never will be sufficiently protected by the State..........

- Back on topic though.........

As for known troublemakers living amongst us, I genuinely suspect that any significant drug-dealer who is living in a densely populated estate is doing so because they feel safer there - they can certainly afford 6 bedrooms and a tree-lined driveway. But know that they'd be shot in the head the second night they tried to sleep there. Given the relative isolation of the countryside, lack of people and activity to deter late night visitors, call the Gardai and potentially be witnesses in an investigation/prosecution and the distance a the 4/5 squad cars would have to travel to save them (ironic but true) they are happier living amongst the Citizens and the buffer zone they afford them :mad: - Its also a sad fact that last Sat. incident would have resulted in a dead criminal if his address was anywhere in rural County Limerick.

As for getting them out, rid, gone, why not just drive up to there house and ask them basic questions?

Nice car, about ~55K worth? How'd you buy that having not worked in 32 years?
    Oh and how did you pay for this house while you're at it???

Also - there is no way in hell that these Scumbags go to sleep at night without having access to weapons in the interests of their own self defence against their enemies. I say break down their front door every second night at 3.30am, search the house and locate them. Perhaps then they could become convicted criminals instead of being "known Drug Dealers" - F F S

- Another thing is that these people have no entitlement to a State supplied and maintained ESB or Bord Gais connection and to be allow to pay for a Sate service with the proceeds of crime gained from the misery of drug addicts, find an excuse and then cut them off, make up a particularly stubborn "fault" if you have to - 2 days and 22 candles later they'd be off to run their drugs empire from the south of Spain where all the UK drug dealing scum have had to retire to.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Raiser wrote: »
    Nice car, about ~55K worth? How'd you buy that having not worked in 32 years?[/I] Oh and how did you pay for this house while you're at it???

Also - there is no way in hell that these Scumbags go to sleep at night without having access to weapons in the interests of their own self defence against their enemies. I say break down their front door every second night at 3.30am, search the house and locate them. Perhaps then they could become convicted criminals instead of being "known Drug Dealers" - F F S

If you think the big guys in these gangs are just driving round in 55k cars with no explanation for the money, you're very wrong. These guys aren't stupid(well the big guys anyway) like they're criminals and this what they grew up doing so they know how to do it well, they will have 'business cover and all sthat crap..Hopefully the CAB investigation will bring results and cripple them.

about raiding them everynight , i think its a great idea but i can guarantee you within the week these scumbags would be suing the state for harrasment, the joys of the society we live..

it's irritating as f*ck..i dunno im just really angry at this the way they say known drug importer was the target and he's sitting in his house happy out now , and a poor innocent guy dies!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

What about possible solutions?:confused:

Maybe, we should form a prisoner exchange program with a country like Turkey / Poland or something.

They can send a 100 of theirs to our prisons, we send a 100 to theirs. They can deal with them as they see fit

That would soften their cough. The problem with the prison system here is that they are comfortable, surrounded by friends & family.They have no fear of the Irish penal system

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

CAB has repeatedly seized bulletproof cars, and i believe went as far as to seize an entire house that was fitted out with elaborate security, bulletbroof windows etc the day before the intended user was to get out of prison. nicely done IMO, let them spend the money, then take it when its too late for a backup option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Its simple.

Introduce legislation that treats criminal gangs under the same terrorism laws that allowed incarceration of terrorists during the troubles. Namely under the Offences Against the State Act.

Why has nobody thought of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offences_against_the_State_Acts_1939-1998

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Morphéus wrote: »
    Its simple.

Introduce legislation that treats criminal gangs under the same terrorism laws that allowed incarceration of terrorists during the troubles. Namely under the Offences Against the State Act.

Why has nobody thought of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offences_against_the_State_Acts_1939-1998

I always thought the exact same thing.

I fully believe that these people are threats to the security of the state and it's people and their activities should come under that Act.

Fine Gael have mentioned that controversial (sic?) word 'internment'.

Charlie Flanagan said the Dáil should debate all options - including internment - to tackle armed criminal gangs.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1111/geoghegans.html

OTT or is it a case that desperate times require desperate measures??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Perhaps the Guards can post the names/addresses of the people behind this so that we can take the law into our own hands.

These people will get their day...

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

I think the government should definitely consider it.This scum have declared war on civilized society

As much as I would like to see some of them removed from the gene pool, Meeting violence with violence is not the solution in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

cancan wrote: »
    Perhaps the Guards can post the names/addresses of the people behind this so that we can take the law into our own hands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanged,_drawn_and_quartered
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Hanged, drawn and quartered

Until 1814, the full punishment for the crime of treason was to be hanged, drawn and quartered in that the condemned prisoner would be:

1. Dragged on a hurdle (a wooden frame) to the place of execution. (This is one possible meaning of drawn.)[2] The more likely meaning of Drawn is the act of disembowelment. [3]
    2. Hanged by the neck for a short time or until almost dead (hanged).
    3. Disembowelled and emasculated and the genitalia and entrails burned before the condemned's eyes (this is another meaning of drawn—see the reference to the Oxford English Dictionary below).[4]
    4. The body divided into four parts, then Beheaded(quartered).

Typically, the resulting five parts (i.e. the four quarters of the body and the head) were gibbeted (put on public display) in different parts of the city, town, or, in famous cases, in the country, to deter would-be traitors who had not seen the execution. After 1814, the convict would be hanged until dead and the mutilation would be performed post-mortem. Gibbeting was later abolished in England in 1843, while drawing and quartering was abolished in 1870.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

zuroph wrote: »
    CAB has repeatedly seized bulletproof cars, and i believe went as far as to seize an entire house that was fitted out with elaborate security, bulletbroof windows etc the day before the intended user was to get out of prison. nicely done IMO, let them spend the money, then take it when its too late for a backup option.

I'd rather the state got it's hands on the funds, not the ill-gotten goods. How do they pay for that gear? Cash? Where do they stash it? If it is bank funds - follow the trail and see how they launder it. What good is it to the state coffers to get hold of a bullet-proof car or windows?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Declare the parts of limerick which are troubled as being under martial law would be one solution, those criminals would then be subject to military law and all their civil liberties would be removed.

those arrested under the offences against the state act be placed in a closed maximum security prison.

The unfortunate issue with martial law is that you also remove the civil liberties of those innocents living beside these scumbags, they hide in plain sight. But im sure that if they started to be rounded up and taken off the streets that the locals would maybe see it as a temporary yet necessary evil.

Summary detainment with a minimum sentence of 15 years for carrying firearms whilst unlicenced would help.

Being the soft country that we are, the bleeding heart liberals will be up in arms about the lack of due process and the removal of civil liberties etc for these "deprived" people who had nothing better to do whilst growing up except get involved in gangs and murders and depravity and drugs and killings of innocents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Taking clock, same applies to you.

I'd would have left this depressing place years ago, trust me! Do you think it's fun living here??? Due to family reasons it's not that easy to leave that city. I hope I can do this next year.

Probably the biggest mistake of my life. Should have chosen a more civilised part of the world...

I'd would have left this depressing place years ago, trust me! Do you think it's fun living here??? Due to family reasons it's not that easy to leave that city. I hope I can do this next year.

Probably the biggest mistake of my life. Should have chosen a more civilised part of the world...

I don't think it's any fun being you here, but I suspect you are a "glass half empty" type of person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

I don't think it's any fun being you here, but I suspect you are a "glass half empty" type of person.

maybe. maybe living here made me this.

• Advertisement

I love the way people go on about civil liberties when we request some justice to be carried out.
    What about the civil liberties of the good people of limerick, who have had the name of their town trashed, innocent people shot, good estates turned in to dumps?

The legal system has been a failure during this whole process.
    What are the law abiding people living in fear supposed to do. Wait for someone else to be shot?

Frankly, I've had enough, and i am sure many more agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I love the way people go on about civil liberties when we request some justice to be carried out.
    What about the civil liberties of the good people of limerick, who have had the name of their town trashed, innocent people shot, good estates turned in to dumps?

The legal system has been a failure during this whole process.
    What are the law abiding people living in fear supposed to do. Wait for someone else to be shot?

Frankly, I've had enough, and i am sure many more agree.
    Then why dont you do something about it? When things got out of hand in Tallaght in the 80s people did something about it. And that was just hash and stolen cars, not innocent people being murdered in the street and drug kingpins laughing in our faces.

If the law doesnt apply to them, it doesnt apply to you either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭j0605

Come on now, what do you think you could do about it, they have members of opposit gangs at there doors shooting in windows, petrol bombing ect.... buy other people getting involved the "gang" warfare just gets worse.

I know what you mean tho, its like no body will stop them they can do as the please. I never feel sad when I hear one of them has killed another but this killing of an innocent man needs to be delt with.
    Papers say the murders have fled... yeah right, great excuse for not enforcing the law and catching them. If the know who they are, they know who the gang is sort the lot of um out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭j0605

CiaranC wrote: »

If the law doesnt apply to them, it doesnt apply to you either.

Yeah right, can you imagine if one of us so much as threatened one of those scumbags the guards would be at the door in minutes to cart us off.

One rule for the scum another for everyone else.

I think doing nothing in the face of this makes people culpable.

What will it take to get this disgrace solved?

It's a black mark against every limerick person that they are not collectively on the streets with pitch forks running these scum out of town.

While I don't live in limerick anymore, if i were there I'd be baying for some scum blood.

The fact that a vocal minority has such a hold over a silent majority is frankly disgusting at this point.

Fair play to the protest organizers - I hope it gets the turnout it deserves, preferably with pitch forks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

I always thought the exact same thing.

I fully believe that these people are threats to the security of the state and it's people and their activities should come under that Act.

Fine Gael have mentioned that controversial (sic?) word 'internment'.

Charlie Flanagan said the Dáil should debate all options - including internment - to tackle armed criminal gangs.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1111/geoghegans.html

OTT or is it a case that desperate times require desperate measures??
    I agree, these scum are de facto Terrorists threatening the security of the state, the Columbian government treated Pablo Escobar and his cartel the same and got results

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Mod Edit: Pointless post, solely for baiting.

maybe. maybe living here made me this.

I doubt it, an Austrian Psychiatrist called Frankl was able to identify the basic types of human personality when he was in the concentration camps of the second world war. Sadly I suspect it's just your underlying personality type.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Aidric wrote: »
    Removed baiting post.
    we could organise a Scooter concert at the old racecourse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

zuroph wrote: »
    we could organise a Scooter concert at the old racecourse?

No. A free boat giveaway like in the Simpsons. Give all the collect your speedboat vouchers to the scumbags and watch them line up at Henry St to collect them. Bash them over the head, tie them up in an abandoned basement someplace and seal up the door. Let them rot.

Advertisement