Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scum Distribution ???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

zuroph wrote: »
    we could organise a Scooter concert at the old racecourse?
    Good shout, with the added bonus of terminating scooter also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I doubt it, an Austrian Psychiatrist called Frankl was able to identify the basic types of human personality when he was in the concentration camps of the second world war. Sadly I suspect it's just your underlying personality type.

Viktor Frankl was a noble holocaust survivor and a learned scholar - to apply his metrics in the context of an ordinary John Murphy living in Limerick who is forced to choke down their subsequent revulsion in these shameful times is nonsensical.

If ever there was a time to freely express revulsion in the face of what Limerick has become then this is it......Perhaps in five years time we can talk about how proud we are after having faced up to and defeated the bullies who have tainted Limerick so completely. Maybe then we can restore order on our streets, in our estates and to our lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

kitchen sink psychology, Amazo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

I think the general public, though horrified and pi**ed off with these scumbags, are too scared to face up to them, for fear of the consequences..

only way for joe public to face up to them is to have a gun themselves....

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

When you find yourself in a hole, it makes sense to stop digging.

Arming ourselves with guns is not the answer lads, you don't want to end up in the same cell as these ba%$rds

I realize all of us are angry & frustrated. I share your frustration

There should definitely be a protest at the lack of protection the people of Limerick are being offered.Laws need to be changed to deal with them ASAP

Lets hope & pray, push don`t come to shove & the people of Limerick aren't forced into forming our own armed volunteer force

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Did anyone listen to that Muppet Willie O Dea on Primetime last night ??

He might be good to attend funerals and get you a medical card but he is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard when it really matters.

How he keeps getting elected is beyond me... Although I think his vote will seriously suffer next time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Raiser wrote: »
    Viktor Frankl was a noble holocaust survivor and a learned scholar - to apply his metrics in the context of an ordinary John Murphy living in Limerick who is forced to choke down their subsequent revulsion in these shameful times is nonsensical.

But that's not what I was doing, so what's your point?

We're all outraged by what happened, but yourself and TC would have been depressed at living here even if it hadn't happened. My point is Frankl was able to see what people were like at their very worst, when most had nothing left and nothing left to live for. Some broke and some found inner-strength, and some just got on with it. He was able to see their personalities at their most basic, and felt that the internal person was revealed by the situation, not caused by it.

Still, it's way off topic, sorry mods.

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    When you find yourself in a hole, it makes sense to stop digging.

Arming ourselves with guns is not the answer lads, you don't want to end up in the same cell as these ba%$rds

I realize all of us are angry & frustrated. I share your frustration

There should definitely be a protest at the lack of protection the people of Limerick are being offered.Laws need to be changed to deal with them ASAP

Lets hope & pray, push don`t come to shove & the people of Limerick aren't forced into forming our own armed volunteer force

I know it's an outrageous thought, but it's not an unbelievable one. A crowd of people call up to one of these thugs houses, and what to do? Shout at them, give them a hiding maybe...

The thugs then come looking for them, give them a hiding, and would probably shoot them as well...Simple as...

It's going to take the likes of this:

Thug: "f**k you bud, what are ya gonna do about it"

Citizens: "No bud. F**K YOU!!! F**K YOU!!! CAN YOU FEEL THAT? F**K YOU!!! NOW WHO'S F**KED!!!"

thump, wallop, crash.......

vicious circle.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

That is why citizens pay cops' wages isn't it?

It all breaks down in the courts : -
    • only 1 in 5 gun crimes get a conviction
    • average murder sentence was just 13 years (between 1996 and 2006)
    That is the real problem. That these guys can smile and wink out the window of the prison van to their friends says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

We need a Batman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Screw Batman. Has anyone seen Taken? We need Liam Neeson back in the country.

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    We need a Batman.

no joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

charles bronson, mabey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

old boy wrote: »
    charles bronson, mabey

No, unfortunately he got his wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

knipex wrote: »
    Did anyone listen to that Muppet Willie O Dea --
    How he keeps getting elected is beyond me... Although I think his vote will seriously suffer next time round.

Thats up to you guys in his constituency. I certainly wouldn't vote for someone who cant "walk the walk".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

on a side note... at least this time the POST got their act together and has a decent frontpage. i honestly expected the like of "Limerick in grief" and below that the usual non-related picture of to grinning Lee-Holmes "models"...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

I've live in Limerick all my life and it's nothing but a scum-bag heaven, I'm planning to leave next year sometime because I've had enough of this scum bag sh%t hole of a city.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

dodohert wrote: »
    I've live in Limerick all my life and it's nothing but a scum-bag heaven, I'm planning to leave next year sometime because I've had enough of this scum bag sh%t hole of a city.

I lived in Carew Park for 3 years and I feel the same although maybe it was quieter. I now live in Newport. Yes, It such a world apart from the worry about people being near your house, wondering if the next car is stolen and going to mangle into your wall. You leave your house each day wondering if there is going to be graffiti on your wall or gate. You then are confused as to why planners built council estates with nice little alleys to hide scumbags and fly tipping rubbish. Setting fire to wheelie bins used to annoy the crap out of me.

Watching people trying to break into my neighbours house because he is/was a drug dealer/supplier. Watching him stand and talk to the Gardai at his front gate even though he had a very well known arrest warrant in his name.

Wondering if the bus is going to be cancelled on account of people throwing rocks at it. Wondering if the post man will be cancelled because of violence in the area. The bus in carew park stopped at 6:30pm because it was not safe enough after that.

Standing watching scumbags block fire engines/ambulances from attending an incident and laughing their heads off throwing rocks.

Do you know what dodohert, places like Corbally(orginally from), Raheen, Dooradoyle which are the supposed desirable areas. They are nearly as bad. They are full of HSE families and people rehoused and then the normal bad element that seem to have been spawned in those areas over the past 7 years. It was fine when I lived there. You need to travel further afield. Murroe is nice but very quiet(probably just right for you), Caherconlish is very nice and Newport is nice(because I live there :D ).

I used to wake up with all those worries mentioned above now I wake up and open the window and can hear birds singing and the rush of the river next to my house.

I ran from the place and never looked back except every so often I drive through to remind myself where I was and to work hard to keep myself where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I ran from the place and never looked back except every so often I drive through to remind myself where I was and to work hard to keep myself where I am.

Good for you, and I mean that in a nice way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I lived in Carew Park for 3 years and I feel the same although maybe it was quieter. I now live in Newport.

Excellent, interesting, but ultimately a pretty sad and depressing post quirke_folder.

Sad and depressing because you had to leave Limerick and move towards the country to find some peace.

Bloody depressing that this is what things have come to. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Excellent, interesting, but ultimately a pretty sad and depressing post quirke_folder.

Sad and depressing because you had to leave Limerick and move towards the country to find some peace.

Bloody depressing that this is what things have come to. :(

Well its worse than that. I wanted to live in Limerick. I wanted a house in Shannon Banks near my mother but alas the prices were overboard. I now my mothers house cost her £21,000 all those years ago and then they were worth €250,000. I bought outside Limerick because it was better value for money.

Sad and depressing that anybody would be desperate to move out of their house. I was the lucky one, there are people in Carew Park that were selling their house before me and are still trying to sell their house. I put my GVM sign up on a Friday night and by Tuesday evening I had accepted just below the asking price. Pure luck that a landlord was driving past after viewing a house that a woman refused to move on her asking price. Sign was only up 3 hours at most.

You can be lucky some of the time. I wish to best in your endeavours to move out of the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rocky4

Jumpy wrote: »
    No, unfortunately he got his wish.

Ha ha I like it!

In all seriousness though ........... I went to college in UL and they were the best years of my life. But from what I hear aload of scumbags have been housed out in Castletroy and have totally ruined the area. Can anyone confirm or deny this??

Those Knackers (sorry Travellers) parked just off the Dublin Road beside Chawkes were the only ones causin trouble when I was there (2000 - 2004) but heard things are far worse .................

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

It sad that our local soceity had decended to such levels, I was once pround to say I'm from Limerick. Now if your anywhere in the country alot of the time I'd hear ah ...stab city' and I feel ashamed.

Quirke_Folder
    Yes I'm defo moving, a little further than Newport.... to another Country (USA) actually, I live in Dooadoyle and I've seen what you eluded to in your post about scum-bags getting housed in quite residential area for free or little money at all.
    It sicken's me to the core knowing I worked hard to get on the property ladder only to see good-for-nothings get housed.... because GWAD help'em they came from a broken family and deserve it..or some other stupid excuse.

God help Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭j0605

dodohert wrote: »
    It sad that our local soceity had decended to such levels, I was once pround to say I'm from Limerick. Now if your anywhere in the country alot of the time I'd hear ah ...stab city' and I feel ashamed.

Quirke_Folder
    Yes I'm defo moving, a little further than Newport.... to another Country (USA) actually, I live in Dooadoyle and I've seen what you eluded to in your post about scum-bags getting housed in quite residential area for free or little money at all.
    It sicken's me to the core knowing I worked hard to get on the property ladder only to see good-for-nothings get housed.... because GWAD help'em they came from a broken family and deserve it..or some other stupid excuse.

God help Ireland.

You're dead right, Some of us are struggling to pay our mortgages these days and we have these scum-bags living in the same estates as us for €20 a week or something crazy like that, it makes me so angry like ,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

on last word just there Diarmuid scully was saying the dealer/importer the bullets were meant for got his house in kilteragh (well, his partner got it) on the affordable housing scheme. and that ger dundon was granted legal aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

zuroph wrote: »
    on last word just there Diarmuid scully was saying the dealer/importer the bullets were meant for got his house in kilteragh (well, his partner got it) on the affordable housing scheme. and that ger dundon was granted legal aid.

yeah they got €40,000 euro towards the house!! and ger dundon is getting legal aid.i thought they'd all of top layers and thats how they get off most the time but apparently not so it just shows the terrible job the gardai and dpp do in trying to prosecute these scumbags..

don't know if im am allowed to say this but there's got be some amount of people in the guards/judicial system on the pay roll for these people..
    how else could dundon have a warrent out for him for the past couple of months an be driving round limerick without any hassle..he hands himself into the cops and then they raid his house i mean come on, whats the point raiding his house when he's handed himself in he's hardly gonna have guns and drugs on his bedside locker now has he..
    its our own fault really we left them get away with the little stuff adn now they've excalated.i mean prison to these people is a safe haven they're safe there..playstations, plasma tvs i mean come on they have to be punishd not put up in luxury

don't get me wrong im not sayin the average jo who does something totally out of character and ends up in jail should be thrown into a room with four walls, but these other scum of the earth should be ****ed in and have none of these luxuries its meant to be prison like..

i've gone way off topic but i was having a rant and yeah scum distribution sucks!!(i like that name scum distribution i think i'm going to use that)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Change the laws and bring back hanging imo. Why should the tax payer have to foot the bill so that these tracksuit wearing scum can milk every loop hole in the legal system?

That filth handed himself into the authorities because he knew he would have better protection from the law than from any bullet proof BMW.

The political party who does this will get my vote in the next election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Harpy wrote: »
    and ger dundon is getting legal aid.i thought they'd all of top layers and thats how they get off most the time but apparently not so it just shows the terrible job the gardai and dpp do in trying to prosecute these scumbags..

What cases are you referring to where "they got off".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

a guy that can afford a beemer like his and get free legal aid, theres bell on the other one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Casperbhoy wrote: »
    What about possible solutions?:confused:

Maybe, we should form a prisoner exchange program with a country like Turkey / Poland or something.

They can send a 100 of theirs to our prisons, we send a 100 to theirs. They can deal with them as they see fit

That would soften their cough. The problem with the prison system here is that they are comfortable, surrounded by friends & family.They have no fear of the Irish penal system

Interesting concept that. The EU already funds an Erasmus student exchange programme, and the Leonardo programme for young workers to live in another country, so why not get it to start up an Alcatraz Prisoner Exchange programme? It might even be a way to get the state to save money - in the same way that Irish Ferries hired foreign workers to lower their wages bill, it might cost less to house foreign prisoners...

Anyway, back to the topic.

Thought this was an excellent piece in the Irish Independent yesterday:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/we-didnt-create-the-thugs-but-we-can-defeat-them-together-1537056.html
    We didn't create the thugs but we can defeat them together

The Geoghegans are the kind of family that people gravitate to . . . stand-up men

By Cathal McCarthy

MY native place is Limerick and I've always revelled in the fact that the character of the locals is perceptibly different to that of the other Irish cities and towns.

We were always aware of the curled lip with which we were regarded by a nice swathe of the rest of the country. Always aware of the nanosecond of silence that followed the announcement in a crowded pub that, yes, indeed, we were all from Limerick. Everybody all right with that?

Over the years, it seemed to me that Limerick had begun to revel in our reputation. We got comfortable in our skin.

The disdain directed at us for apparently not caring what outsiders thought of us was heartily reciprocated and you could not help but feel pride in our rejection of the tradition of cupidity that so demeans other Irish towns.

We despised what we deem the slightly hysterical need to be liked that we perceived in our neighbours: the professional 'Oirishry', the scramble to be considered as 'vibrant', to be deemed worthy of inclusion by some nonentity in some equally pointless guidebook.

We didn't need the affirmation of anyone; we knew what we had and the joys of living where we lived.

And if some outsiders didn't 'get it', well, then that was their loss. Let the Dubs ham it up with 'The rare auld times'. We'd laugh till we wept as the Rebels got all moist-eyed crooning 'The Banks'. We'd cast a cold eye as Galway worked the room for dollars with 'The Galway Shawl'.

Limerick had its own songs, but the one I always thought fitted us best is the anthem of Millwall Football Club, the song that sends a clammy shiver up and down every football terrace in England: 'No-one likes us, we don't care'.

But today we have to face the fact that in some parts of Limerick, the grittiness, the decent combativeness that was our pride, has mutated something undeniably dark and feral, loathsome, cruel and cowardly.

In the darkest corners of the bleakest estates, it was allowed fester and become something repulsive. Yesterday's burial of Shane Geoghegan will permit us no excuse: Limerick has become a playground for a crew of murderers who daily challenge the theory that there is no such thing as pure evil.

Limerick is distraught; people are visibly upset and seem on the verge of tears.

The people struggle to grasp the bizarre context of the murder: the insane randomness -- gunned down by a useless piece of rubbish intent on shooting another useless piece of rubbish.

This could have been anybody, people whisper, and the full horror of what happens -- and what can happen -- slowly dawns on them.

The Geoghegans are the kind of family that people gravitate to. They are stand-up men, they are honourable and social, gregarious and generous.

They bring dedication and humour to everything they do, and they stand in noble contrast to the kind of vermin who murdered Shane. There can be no contest between these two visions of Limerick; the city's people and the ideals personified in Shane Geoghegan and his family, friends and club must, and will, dispel the nightmare conjured up by these morally stunted murderers.

The Good will win. We will grind these degenerates into the dirt. That affirmation must be our starting point. The people of Limerick must bind themselves tighter than their greatest scrum.

We must then coolly and methodically dismantle both the gangs themselves and the fetid pools of indifference, incompetence and ignorance that bred them.

We must begin from the position that there can be no sacred cows in that task; nothing must be ruled out. And if this crusade to rid Limerick of the curse of moronic murderers involves the abandonment of some of our liberal and welfare comfort blankets, then that is the price we must pay.

The very first nostrum that will have to be quickly discarded is the one we can expect to hear ventilated over the next few days after passions cool and the sociologist pundits think it safe to return to their emails and radio phone-in speed dials.

The level of violence we see in Limerick is not a function of any especially rigid social stratification in that city. The legend of Limerick's social apartheid is more durable than the legend of the Yeti and just as credible.

Count how many times over the next few days you hear some terribly earnest lady fret over the airwaves about how going to inferior schools tells these institutionally disadvantaged mites that they are valued less from the very start. If they were just given the chance, why, they'd more than likely turn out just the same as you and me, and not the gun-toting, coke-snorting, pond life they have become.

Now consider this.

The names being bandied around as the likely suspects in Shane Geoghegan's murder are the notorious gang of demented psychopaths whose butcher's bill now runs to in excess of a dozen. This gang's home sump is within Ballinacurra Weston on Limerick's south side.

The district's primary school is the famous rugby nursery, Our Lady of Lourdes, and children who attend that school have automatic entry to the equally famed Crescent Comprehensive College.

Where have you heard that name? Well, it's a superb Jesuit-inspired institution whose inner city forebear can count the likes of Terry Wogan and Richard Harris amongst its past pupils.

If any of the McCarthy- Dundons had wanted to go to this college, all they had to do was attend their local primary school. What would be the chances, I wonder, for the lads from Ballymun to get into Belvedere? Or the lads from Dolphin's Barn into Gonzaga?

So let's not add insult to injury here by pretending that 'we, as a society' or -- more unjust still -- Limerick itself 'failed' these people. They chose their path. We must now choose to remove them from our presence for as long as we can afford concrete and bars.

Incidentally, that list of Crescent old boys who have touched our lives can now be extended by one. Shane Geoghegan went there too.

Food for thought, especially the paragraph about the "terribly earnest lady" fretting on the airwaves about these scumbags never having been given a chance in life.

Advertisement