Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scum Distribution ???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

excellent read..but i fear the journalism and outcrys of the past week will again be pushed to the back of all our minds and the mindless evil will continue..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

I fear that nothing will be done, nothing will change.
    "We" the people of Limerick, probably won't stand up to them, or else we'll get shot too.
    They have no respect for the law, how would they have any for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

CLADA wrote: »
    What cases are you referring to where "they got off".
    sorry that's probably wrong i was in a bit of a rant mode
    But what i meant was, why aren't these guys with bench warrants on them not arrested i personally think there's got to be something fishy going on there somewhere like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Brendan Kenny, who heads the state-sponsored agency, confirmed a member of his team met with the crime gang in Wheatfield prison in Clondalkin.

He said the purpose was to convey the message that gang members and their families would not be allowed into regenerated estates if they continued to be involved in crime.

You mean they plan to give them all free houses anyway?
    These people must go to bed at night laughing at what a clown the average citizen is to put up with this.
    Kenny, what drugs are you on?
    Can't we move them all to the magic planet that you seem to be living on now.

The public finances are in tatters, and the powers that be think building a new Disneyland for scum is the best use of the countries money.

The vehicle had been commandeered by criminals from a local resident as part of a new extortion racket in which motorists are forced to hand over their cars if they refuse to pay protection money. The Lexus was impounded at Roxboro Road garda station for a forensic examination.

How in the name of sweet jesus have they allow this go on......

Whenever I think things are bad, i realise nope, that they are actually worse.

We are justifiably a laughing stock of a city. I'm done defending the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,885 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

In my town in Galway, they were planning to move about 25 families from the Moyross area to a new housing estate. My Dad said it wasn't going ahead because some of the locals opposed to it, as they would.
    That scheme is like cleaning dirt from your counter-top with a cloth...and then using that cloth to wipe down parts that are already clean, but end up spreading the bacteria to the clean parts too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

BarryCreed wrote: »
    I fear that nothing will be done, nothing will change.
    "We" the people of Limerick, probably won't stand up to them, or else we'll get shot too.
    They have no respect for the law, how would they have any for us?

I don't live in Limerick, and I wont be involved. But believe me, from past experience ---- there's strength in numbers.
    People power is very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

rocky4 wrote: »
    But from what I hear aload of scumbags have been housed out in Castletroy and have totally ruined the area. Can anyone confirm or deny this??

I can confirm. Living there less than a year already had a car windows smashed, another attempted smashed and an attempted house break in (windows smashed while we were in the house). Three neighbours have had windows put in, cars keyed and tyres slashed. We are getting out of Limerick City ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

Harpy wrote: »
    sorry that's probably wrong i was in a bit of a rant mode
    But what i meant was, why aren't these guys with bench warrants on them not arrested i personally think there's got to be something fishy going on there somewhere like..

When bench warrants are issued by the court it's fairly common for the individual involved to go into hiding or move from safe house to safe house.
    Unless gardai receive a "tip off" as to where they are, the chances of that person arrested will hinge on; a chance encounter on the street or stopped in a vehicle etc...

Unfortunately Harpy, there ain't no crystal ball in Henry St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

yeah as i have said a guy who has 3 armoured plated beemers confiscated gets free legal aid. F.F.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

cancan wrote: »
    Disneyland for scum
    Lol, very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

old boy wrote: »
    yeah as i have said a guy who has 3 armoured plated beemers confiscated gets free legal aid. F.F.S.

I have an issue with people with means getting legal aid, but every citizen is entitled to legal representation, and if CAB have moved in there are no longer means.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I lived in Carew Park for 3 years and I feel the same although maybe it was quieter. I now live in Newport. Yes, It such a world apart from the worry about people being near your house, wondering if the next car is stolen and going to mangle into your wall. You leave your house each day wondering if there is going to be graffiti on your wall or gate. You then are confused as to why planners built council estates with nice little alleys to hide scumbags and fly tipping rubbish. Setting fire to wheelie bins used to annoy the crap out of me.

Watching people trying to break into my neighbours house because he is/was a drug dealer/supplier. Watching him stand and talk to the Gardai at his front gate even though he had a very well known arrest warrant in his name.

Wondering if the bus is going to be cancelled on account of people throwing rocks at it. Wondering if the post man will be cancelled because of violence in the area. The bus in carew park stopped at 6:30pm because it was not safe enough after that.

Standing watching scumbags block fire engines/ambulances from attending an incident and laughing their heads off throwing rocks.

Do you know what dodohert, places like Corbally(orginally from), Raheen, Dooradoyle which are the supposed desirable areas. They are nearly as bad. They are full of HSE families and people rehoused and then the normal bad element that seem to have been spawned in those areas over the past 7 years. It was fine when I lived there. You need to travel further afield. Murroe is nice but very quiet(probably just right for you), Caherconlish is very nice and Newport is nice(because I live there :D ).

I used to wake up with all those worries mentioned above now I wake up and open the window and can hear birds singing and the rush of the river next to my house.

I ran from the place and never looked back except every so often I drive through to remind myself where I was and to work hard to keep myself where I am.
    we are the same as you,,we moved from limerick to Newport also,,(are you my neighbour lol) rough area also,,but i wanted a better life for my kids,,2 yrs on and it was the best decison ever,,,awful to have to leave where you grew up but had to be done,,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The sad thing is that the government is not even taking whats going on in Limerick at all seriously. If they were, they would have declared marshall law a long time ago. Scum like Liam Keane can amass loads of previous convictions, intimidate witnesses and give two fingers to the the law (literally). Gang members can get away with ridiculous 5 years suspended sentences (what a joke, i sometimes think half of these judges are on drugs themselves). The government has not got the balls to implement the changes that the Justice system has been crying out for the last 10 years.

They are just a bunch of cowards are not making one bit of difference to society. If Fianna Fail were really the party of the people, they would be trying to protect the people, instead of protecting the criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

grenache wrote: »
    The sad thing is that the government is not even taking whats going on in Limerick at all seriously. If they were, they would have declared marshall law a long time ago. Scum like Liam Keane can amass loads of previous convictions, intimidate witnesses and give two fingers to the the law (literally). Gang members can get away with ridiculous 5 years suspended sentences (what a joke, i sometimes think half of these judges are on drugs themselves). The government has not got the balls to implement the changes that the Justice system has been crying out for the last 10 years.

They are just a bunch of cowards are not making one bit of difference to society. If Fianna Fail were really the party of the people, they would be trying to protect the people, instead of protecting the criminals.

While I'd advocate sending in the Defence Forces to patrol the streets of problem areas, declaring marshall law isn't exactly fair to the tens of thousands of people in these areas that cause no trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Double Post

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I am proud to say Im from Limerick, capital of the MidWest. I may live in quiet Tipperary now but I will always be Limerick at heart even though technically Shannon Banks is in County Clare
    "I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

Winston Churchill 1940

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

gaf1983 wrote: »
    Interesting concept that. The EU already funds an Erasmus student exchange programme, and the Leonardo programme for young workers to live in another country, so why not get it to start up an Alcatraz Prisoner Exchange programme? It might even be a way to get the state to save money - in the same way that Irish Ferries hired foreign workers to lower their wages bill, it might cost less to house foreign prisoners...

Anyway, back to the topic.

Thought this was an excellent piece in the Irish Independent yesterday:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/we-didnt-create-the-thugs-but-we-can-defeat-them-together-1537056.html

Food for thought, especially the paragraph about the "terribly earnest lady" fretting on the airwaves about these scumbags never having been given a chance in life.

As a point of information here. Only boys who attend Our Lady of Lourdes primary school have right of entry into Crescent College

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

ninty9er wrote: »
    While I'd advocate sending in the Defence Forces to patrol the streets of problem areas, declaring marshall law isn't exactly fair to the tens of thousands of people in these areas that cause no trouble.

And what happened to Shane Geoghegan wasn't fair either, but i'm afraid desparate times call for desparate measures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

As a point of information here. Only boys who attend Our Lady of Lourdes primary school have right of entry into Crescent College

Don think so..im 19 and just out of CCC and the girls were there as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Don think so..im 19 and just out of CCC and the girls were there as well...

girls have to apply, boys get in as a right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

girls have to apply, boys get in as a right

Ok I thought you were saying that girls done get in at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article5158302.ece

what fine media coverage for our fair city....

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/its-war-now-and-the-streets-are-going-to-pour-with-blood-limerick-gangster-1542526.html

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/a-lawless-ghetto-no-this-is-the-real-face-of-irelands-gangland-1542620.html

Free houses - check
    Free Money from Gov - check
    Free Legal Aid - Check
    Ineffective Guards and judges who pass tiny sentences - check.
    Public apathy - check.

Locked and loaded.
    Lets go kill some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

cancan wrote: »
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/its-war-now-and-the-streets-are-going-to-pour-with-blood-limerick-gangster-1542526.html

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/a-lawless-ghetto-no-this-is-the-real-face-of-irelands-gangland-1542620.html

Free houses - check
    Free Money from Gov - check
    Free Legal Aid - Check
    Ineffective Guards and judges who pass tiny sentences - check.
    Public apathy - check.

Locked and loaded.
    Lets go kill some people.

Cynical - but I can't fault your logic.

Anyone else think that the tattoos look absolutely ridiculous by the way? Jaysus they'll be covering themselves in boot polish next to get the true gangsta look! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

topper75 wrote: »
    Cynical - but I can't fault your logic.

Anyone else think that the tattoos look absolutely ridiculous by the way? Jaysus they'll be covering themselves in boot polish next to get the true gangsta look! :pac:

No matter how dangerous those 3 guys might be, I have to say they look ****ing ridiculous.

They'll need a to use the sunbeds a bit more for those tatoos.
    Jimmy Five Bellys could do with a gym visit. He's kind of a big target as it is with the moobs...

Moobs are not gangsta
    Somewhere, fitty cent is crying in a corner.....

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Nothing that a high powered snipper rifle wouldn't cure.

This scum should be castrated & removed from the gene pool

If the government think that inaction & the passage of time will heal this wound then they are wrong, this will not go away

We want action & we want it now, no ifs, buts or maybes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Lunar_Wolf

*locks door*

I should be save in here:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

CLADA wrote: »
    When bench warrants are issued by the court it's fairly common for the individual involved to go into hiding or move from safe house to safe house.
    Unless gardai receive a "tip off" as to where they are, the chances of that person arrested will hinge on; a chance encounter on the street or stopped in a vehicle etc...

Unfortunately Harpy, there ain't no crystal ball in Henry St.

I'm aware that there's no crystal ball, but im also aware that i have seeing this guy who was wanted for the last couple months on a couple of occasions over the last couple of months!
    Then HE decided to hand himself in...
    it just pisses me off these are the guys the gardai should be chasing after even if its for traffic offences if it gets them put in jail who cares what its for..

so the guards should be arresting them when there's bench warrants on them and not waiting for them to hand themselves in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This priest has been eating too many wafers and drinking too much whiskey:

Limerick Bishops: Regeneration is the only way
    BISHOP of Limerick, Dr Donal Murray last night hit out at people who were worried about violence spilling into the more affluent areas of the city.
    "I get irritated when people talk about the danger that all the violence will spill over on us. There are people living where there is violence all around them every day and they are part of our community too" he said at the launch of St Vincent de Paul annual Christmas Appeal.

"I think it's also very important not to forget the opportunities we have and probably won't have again in the shape of the regeneration project; and that we look at the business of our responsibility as a whole society."

"There is some opportunity with Regeneration now. It's not just a matter of the Agency pouring money into it, it's a matter of the whole community trying to see what can we do, what are we doing that might make the situation worse there, for example the people who are buying drugs are funding that. There are ways we as a community can offer hope to the young people in those areas. There's all sorts of questions for all of us. I think unless we all operate together in this Regeneration process, it's not going to work," Dr Murray said.

Bishop Trevor Williams, Church of Ireland, agreed with Bishop Murray that the city should not be divided into "economic camps with the well-off leafy suburbs that have nothing to do with the so-called hard areas of the city. That is no good...unless our neighbour has a sense of wellbeing and fulfilment then we won't have it either, the wellbeing of the poorest in society is intimately connected to mine".

Advertisement