Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotlight Stage School - Opinions?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

My gf's little one (she's almost 8) has been with the Billie Barry school in Dublin for the past few years and loves it, but since we moved to Cavan we're finding the commute is very hard on her - having to get to Fairview from Cavan by 5pm and then home again is a bit much after a full day in school, and then still having homework to do etc.

She enjoys the classes but she seems somewhat indifferent to staying with them specifically (she'd be just as happy doing a similar class elsewhere is the impression we're getting) so we've been looking around and the Spotlight Stage School in Navan was suggested and from the website (spotlight.ie) looks very impressive.

Does anyone here have any kids attending this school, and if so what do you think? To be blunt, myself and the other half aren't impressed with the somewhat snobbish not-what-you-know-who-you-know attitudes surrounding her current classes, so ideally if she was to move, it'd be to a nicer environment as well.

Thanks for any thoughts...

Mods: Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Feel free to move if required. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

Hi Kaiser, unfortunately I cant really help (I'm a bit far south!) but thought I'd suggest posting in the regional forums also, you may find people in the local area who are familiar with this school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

I was thinking about sending my little fella to one of those stage schools too, just because he's a complete HAM lol. Be interested to see what people think of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

I dont have any experience of that particular school, nor of billie barries. But my kids have done some drama clubs over the years and we have found them of great benifit to their confidence levels.

Its also great fun and wonderfull excerise.

As your living in Cavan - would you ask around at her school or check out your local library. Or even try church porches for notice boards.

A local club would mean no more messy commute - I dont know how you have managed it!! - and it would also mean more local friends.

Best of luck.

Advertisement