Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tosca - 9/11 in NCH

Options
  • 10-11-2008 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭

I would like to know if you were there tonight. I was a bit more disappointed than I had expected. And I am not talking about whispering, talking and farting audience. Yes, it was next to me. And speaking french to add something special.

I just think that the level and quality of performers was very uneven, the directing absolutely bad with many moments where there was absolutely nothing on the stage - singers were just waiting for music.

I have not heard Tosca live before, but I really think that I need to see it at least one more time and definitely in better quality.

What was your opinion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Yes. Was poor. But better than the Carmen the night before - cringworthy efforts from Drogheda brass band, group of kids and all. (Is that part of their cost strategy? Involve a bunch of locals and you guarantee yourself a minimum audience of their families?)

Both productions seemed to be low quality performers with a bit of westend musical as if done by your local dramsoc served up as if quality opera. Which it wasnt. The orchestra wasnt bad I thought though.

With the dearth of opera in Dubin they can probably succeed with this type of effort if they stick to half a dozen operas, but really they deserve to fail due to lack of interst from the audience to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Thank you for your response. I was just affraid that there is something wrong with me.

Are the performances in Belfast better? Or shall I fly directly to UK or onto continent?

Advertisement