Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhunt 2

Options
  • 10-11-2008 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

since the manhunt 2 ban was not lifeted in ireland dose any one know what is the story about inporting the game. I oreded it assuming that since the uk granted a release . it be the same here.

so what would the chances of it being siezed by customs or would that be an issue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

id say ya be grand. I got it meself ages ago. Dont see why its banned to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

seanybiker wrote: »
    id say ya be grand. I got it meself ages ago. Dont see why its banned to be honest.

Because it's **** :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 free games

why was it banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Because by flying the Hashemite flag, he has already basically claimed to be ruler of the Hashemite Kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭jos22

free games wrote: »
    why was it banned?

ireland banned because the UK did . the UK did because of all the fussy the daily mail kicked up

the same paper that thunder c*unt mary whitehouse party founded.

same bitch which got hundreds of movies banned and heavily cut

after all the game it self should rated 15's uncut version 18's

after all you see far more tortore in 10mins of saw than the entire game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Just go over the boarder and Buy it in HMV,Zavvi or Game

• Registered Users Posts: 34,984 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

jos22 wrote: »
    ireland banned because the UK did

Actually Ireland banned it first.

Don't bother buying it to be honest. They ruined it with cuts. I played through the PSP version with filters off and even that had quite a lot removed from it.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Actually Ireland banned it first.

Don't bother buying it to be honest. They ruined it with cuts. I played through the PSP version with filters off and even that had quite a lot removed from it.

arrived today without any issues. it was cheap at 25 euro for the wii so cant complain and ireland banned it after the uk. even if ireland didnt ban it. it would not be release here with out a uk release. ireland too small of a country t bother with out the uk as far as the publishers go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I downloaded it lol. why pay.

would have done the same but my Wii is not modded.

and couldnt find a working PSP emulator for the PC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What an argument :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,984 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

jos22 wrote: »
    arrived today without any issues. it was cheap at 25 euro for the wii so cant complain and ireland banned it after the uk. even if ireland didnt ban it. it would not be release here with out a uk release. ireland too small of a country t bother with out the uk as far as the publishers go

The IFCO banned manhunt 2 the day before the BBFC.

Check the rejected date

BBFC -

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/0/9549A008B065EDD2802572FF003BE6ED?OpenDocument

Rejected 19 June,2007.

IFCO -

http://www.ifco.ie/IFCO/ifcoweb.nsf/web/news?opendocument&news=yes&type=graphic

MANHUNT 2 VIDEO GAME PROHIBITED

A prohibition order has been made by IFCO in relation to the video game Manhunt 2. The Order was made on 18th June 20 under Sec 7 (1) (b) of the Video Recordings Act 1989 which refers to ‘acts 07 of gross violence or cruelty (including mutilation and torture)’.

IFCO recognizes that in certain films, DVDs and video games, strong graphic violence may be a justifiable element within the overall context of the work. However, in the case of Manhunt 2, IFCO believes that there is no such context, and the level of gross, unrelenting and gratuitous violence is unacceptable.

For some reason most websites reported it the other way around. I believe the IFCO were none to happy about that either.

What online store did you buy it from as a matter of interest?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Stay on topic. Do not post about downloading games in genral threads

Advertisement