Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raclette Grill

Options
  • 10-11-2008 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey there,

I search a shop where I could get a decent Raclette Grill. Steba, Unold, Tefal and Severin are some manufactorers that I know from Germany. I hoped to find one for a reasonable price (cheaper than importing) but it seems that I can't find any at all.

While I already ask - are there any price comparison sites for irish shops or shops that deliver to Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You might find one on this site - it's an irish site and the delivery times seem to be pretty good

http://search.electricshopping.ie/search.aspx?searchStr=raclette+grill

If not you'll have to try electrical departments in stores like Arnotts, Harvey Norman, Clery's etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Silrog

Thank you. I already checked electricshopping.ie but they only have common grills, nothing related to Raclette.
    I think Arnotts should be next on my list, otherwise I'll burn some money extra and import the real stuff - couldn't survive a winter without my special Raclettes recipes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Lidl sometimes have them in their special offers ... we have one (Bifinet is the 'make') and it does the job pretty well, at least as well as our old Tefal one which we brought with us from Holland and which blew up over here (voltage problem!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Silrog wrote: »
    Thank you. I already checked electricshopping.ie but they only have common grills, nothing related to Raclette.
    I think Arnotts should be next on my list, otherwise I'll burn some money extra and import the real stuff - couldn't survive a winter without my special Raclettes recipes :p

seems pricey, and it's not the real stuff, this is the real stuff
    66516.jpg:p

anyway, do a search in google.fr and type in appareil a raclette, you'll get 100s of different models and much cheaper than the one you linked to

Ah, that's true - yours is the original stuff. But it's only good for the cheese itself and doesn't offer the same group experience. So thank you, but it's not what I'm looking for :)

PS
    French are never ever the inventor of Raclette, thus using google.fr would be a shame. (German) Switzerland ftw! :D

• Advertisement

Ah, that's true - yours is the original stuff. But it's only good for the cheese itself and doesn't offer the same group experience. So thank you, but it's not what I'm looking for :)

PS
    French are never ever the inventor of Raclette, thus using google.fr would be a shame. (German) Switzerland ftw! :D

the french might not have invented it but i'm pretty sure they make and eat more raclette than the swiss...and sites from switzerland are never going to be as good value as french websites

Haha, I surely wouldn't have expected to fight the old Raclette War France vs. Switzerland in Ireland (or on an irish board) ;)

Oh, I almost forgot: You are sooo wrong! :P

Haha, I surely wouldn't have expected to fight the old Raclette War France vs. Switzerland in Ireland (or on an irish board) ;)

Oh, I almost forgot: You are sooo wrong! :P

France is the number one producer of raclette in the world with over 50 000 tons a year. switzerland only do around 12000 tons.
    switzerland eat about 10 700 tons of raclette a year, France over 30000.

Case closed :p

France is the number one producer of raclette in the world with over 50 000 tons a year. switzerland only do around 12000 tons.
    switzerland eat about 10 700 tons of raclette a year, France over 30000.

Case closed :p
    Population of Switzerland = 7,647,600
    Population of France = 64,473,140

Do you see where I'm going there? :D

Alun wrote: »
    Population of Switzerland = 7,647,600
    Population of France = 64,473,140

Do you see where I'm going there? :D

agree 100%, never argued at per capita level, just overall, but that's why it also made sense for me to buy the equipment in France as they sell a lot more machines, and there's a lot more competition, so better prices.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah I'd roll in on the Swiss side here :D I really like the Tefal one as it is circular and great for allowing everyone to look after their own :)

Raclette cheese on spuds...hmmmmm

/drool

Amazon UK stock them, do they deliver goods like this to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Thank you... i am hungry now :D

But eh Ebay an option maybe?

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Amazon UK stock them, do they deliver goods like this to Ireland?

electrical goods are not deliverable to Ireland on amazon unfortunately.

there's about 30 different tefal models. i've got a big square one for 8 with a huge slab of marble on top for pierrade. had one just the other day!!!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've just seen on the Lidl site that they'll have a Raclette grill for €24.99 from next Thursday

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20081211.p.BifinettRacletteTableGrill

I've just seen on the Lidl site that they'll have a Raclette grill for €24.99 from next Thursday

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20081211.p.BifinettRacletteTableGrill
    I have one of those from a couple of years ago. Nothing wrong with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Yep I have the Lidl raclette also and am very happy with it. Can't go wrong for that price anyway! I love the raclette, its such a fun way of eating with a few people over, everyone helping themselves etc, a bit more social and fun than a formal dinner party as well!! What kindof things do ye cook on it as I'm always looking out for new ideas?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I saw one down in the Tefal shop in Kildare Shopping Village today for 44EUR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 smurphette13

Where does one purchase the raclette cheese to go with the grill?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Orla_inka

Where does one purchase the raclette cheese to go with the grill?
    Am coming over next week to a wedding and bringing a raclette grill with me. It would be great to be able to tell where you can buy the cheese. Hellllp

Orla_inka wrote: »
    Am coming over next week to a wedding and bringing a raclette grill with me. It would be great to be able to tell where you can buy the cheese. Hellllp

magills in clarendon street should have it, or sheridans cheesemonger on south anne street. there's another place in ballsbridge but i can't remember the name:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

I also looked for one for a while and lidl is the only option(apart from import) sadly lidl never seam to sell the cheese too. We ususally stock up when in germany as it's very expensive here.

Last time i looked it was available in superquinn but that was quite a while ago. I also like to use hohlen kase which is almost as yummy in this application and even harder to source - damn it now i need a raclette night :(~~

You can sometimes buy ready sliced raclette cheese (conveniently sliced for the little pans in most raclette grills) in Dunnes Cornelscourt branch. As for other sources, Sheridans will almost certainly have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭rynners

the french might not have invented it but i'm pretty sure they make and eat more raclette than the swiss...and sites from switzerland are never going to be as good value as french websites

I thought it originated from the jura in france, could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭rynners

magills in clarendon street should have it, or sheridans cheesemonger on south anne street. there's another place in ballsbridge but i can't remember the name:(

mccambridges in galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jillyslim

Hey there,

I search a shop where I could get a decent Raclette Grill. Steba, Unold, Tefal and Severin are some manufactorers that I know from Germany. I hoped to find one for a reasonable price (cheaper than importing) but it seems that I can't find any at all.

While I already ask - are there any price comparison sites for irish shops or shops that deliver to Ireland?

I too am looking to purchase a raclette grill for 6 I would love to purchase in Ireland anyone know where I can buy one ?

Advertisement