Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Gov treaties with the travelling community?

• 10-11-2008 7:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

Im aware that the travelling community are nomads and wondering are they subjected to statues and laws? Do they have any treaties signed with the Irish gov? Pardon my ignorance, its only recently im studying law as i want to become a sovereign and claim my life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭maidhc

Gu3rr1lla wrote: »
    Im aware that the travelling community are nomads and wondering are they subjected to statues and laws? Do they have any treaties signed with the Irish gov? Pardon my ignorance, its only recently im studying law as i want to become a sovereign and claim my life.

Only one option for you I'm afraid:
    http://www.redsave.com/index.asp?pageType=3&pid=2091&catId=21&track=SealandShopLink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dats_right

There is no such thing as "sovereigns", well not in the crack-pot anarchist way that I think you are referring, recognised in any civilised jurisdiction. As a recent law student even you will know that everybody is subject to the laws of the State.

If you want to 'claim your life' in this way, why don't you go live in a ditch?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

all i know is that they can draw the dole and trade legally, no tax to pay, no water or waste charges, go on do some reshearch yourself,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

travellers want to be a separate ethnic group within the state. They recognise some legislation particularily Social Welfare and Equality legislation.and such housing legislation and caselaw as relates to traveller accommodation, However most other laws - trespass, litter,waste management, planning offences against the person etc cheerfully ignored.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

I'd love to write a reply to this thread in full but my view is so right wing I might run myself into some sort of problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

dats_right wrote: »
    There is no such thing as "sovereigns", well not in the crack-pot anarchist way that I think you are referring, recognised in any civilised jurisdiction. As a recent law student even you will know that everybody is subject to the laws of the State.

If you want to 'claim your life' in this way, why don't you go live in a ditch?!

Its more out of curiousty, empowerment. I dont have to physically move to leave society.
    old boy wrote: »
    all i know is that they can draw the dole and trade legally, no tax to pay, no water or waste charges, go on do some reshearch yourself,

I am, just need a foundation. thanks
    Tom Young wrote: »
    I'd love to write a reply to this thread in full but my view is so right wing I might run myself into some sort of problem.

any information would be great thanks.

Advertisement