Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small house dog wanted

Options
  • 10-11-2008 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi,

im trying to get a small house dog,also ok to be around my son aged two.I would like a yorkie etc if anybody is advertising do contact me .Im in dublin but would be willing to collect.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

Please pm me if you are able to help thank you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Try the DSPCA. If you explain to them what you're looking for and that you've a young child, they won't give you any dogs with "baggage". You'll get a decent dog who's a year or two old and be housebroken, so you won't have an additional child to look after!

I tried them but because there is a 2 year old child they wont sell/give any dogs !:(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's a pity, but I guess it makes sense from their point of view. :(

Hmmmmm;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lilly/DNB

hope you find the little dog your looking for as usual a good home waiting for a dog and its so hard to get 1 keep trying the pounds im sure they are full up xx
    just thought you could have a look
    http://friendsofben.forummotion.com/dogs-needing-home-rescue-other-dogs-f32/bertie-1-year-old-yorkie-in-foster-t2013.htm

http://friendsofben.forummotion.com/dogs-needing-home-rescue-other-dogs-f32/2-jrtxbeagle-pups-5-months-old-in-foster-t2022.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

any breed/type will be good with your son, it all depends on how they are raised/socialized etc. staffies make a good kids pet as even though they are total softies they are physically tough so can put up with rough play whereas a boisterous child could unintentionally injure a fragile breed. greyhounds are also a good pet. even though they are tall, they make excellent house dogs as they are very clean and are also very quiet. even though they are the fastest dogs, they only need around 45 mins to an hour walk a day, the same as your average terrier or yorkshire type dog. they are also usually 100% good tempered and well socialized and are never known to be grumpy at all so are a very "safe" breed around children.

there is a lot to consider before getting a dog. will there be someone at home with the dog all day or will he be on his own?

do you have a secure garden? do you have time to exersize the dog every day? even small dogs need 45 mins or so walk a day.

Try the pounds, they don't homecheck usually so don't care if you have a child or not as far as I know. also try http://petsireland.invisionzone.com if you explain your situation and your son is a real dog lover etc. then maybe someone will be willing to let you adopt or foster a dog.

Advertisement