Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Eve] fanfest scoop

• 10-11-2008 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Tech 3!

new regions connected by wormholes that change position and have to be scanned out, so no gate camps!

Modular ships(t3) we got to see the caldari designs, 5 parts with 5 variants of each part, something like 3000 combinations.

WIS - imo its a steaming turd, but it has minigames, i managed to steal all the gaming tables in the demo much to other peoples annoyance and the gms couldnt figure out how to respawn them.

uncoupling sov from pos!

Pos fuel pellets! no more hours of horrible pos fueling!

eve is going back to retail next summer with the help of atari, however existing players will get the summer expansion in march.

Planetary rings and the possible demise of the asteroid belt as we know it.

you well get more once the various websites start posting the recordings.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

jaggeh wrote: »
    Tech 3!

new regions connected by wormholes that change position and have to be scanned out, so no gate camps!

That is fucking genius. As long as they're not too common this is a great idea.
    Modular ships(t3) we got to see the caldari designs, 5 parts with 5 variants of each part, something like 3000 combinations.

I don't really understand yet, please explain more.
    WIS - imo its a steaming turd, but it has minigames, i managed to steal all the gaming tables in the demo much to other peoples annoyance and the gms couldnt figure out how to respawn them.

What's WIS?
    uncoupling sov from pos!

That's an interestingly massive change. Any idea what the new mechanisms for sov will be?

I heard when this was originally thrown around that it'll be largely the same. c/d

Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

WIS is Walking In Stations.

Some of the changes sound awesome, and I'm looking forward to WIS more everytime I hear about the new stuff they've added. I loved just messing around in the lobbies and minigames in phantasy star online and this sounds like it will be similar.

Modular ships is going to bring a whole new level to how ships are fitted and thoerycrafted which is awesome for some but personally I just copy someone else's fit whenever I get a new ship :P

Pls explain more about "Planetary rings" hmm...

edit: Quantum Rise trailer is here http://www.crazykinux.com/

I've seen Gneeznow videos with more exciting fleet fights ¬.¬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Zillah wrote: »
    That is fuc
    I don't really understand yet, please explain more.

Five different parts for five sections of hull.

Combine to form different ships

So you can have this ship, or this one or this ship :)

Photos from Crazykinux's flikr photostream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Maddzy wrote: »
    I've seen Gneeznow videos with more exciting fleet fights ¬.¬

Didn't think the titan DD'ing it's own fleet was exciting? :)

MILITARY EXPERTS ARE CALLING THIS A CYNOSURAL FIELD!

The voice acting was a bit flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Quoting jaggehs "fanfest scoop" post for fanfest 2010
    jaggeh wrote: »
    Tech 3!

uncoupling sov from pos!

eve is going back to retail next summer with the help of atari, however existing players will get the summer expansion in march.

you well get more once the various websites start posting the recordings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Mantel wrote: »
    Didn't think the titan DD'ing it's own fleet was exciting? :)

MILITARY EXPERTS ARE CALLING THIS A CYNOSURAL FIELD!

The voice acting was a bit flat.

Didnt it DD's the enemy amarr fleet? that vid's pritty good but it would of been nice if the ****ing reporter finished one sentence and didnt sound like they were reporting on a local dog show *monotone voice* oh look a multy mile long star ship has appeared *yawn* its fireing its main weapon */end*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Glippo wrote: »
    Quoting jaggehs "fanfest scoop" post for fanfest 2010

actually the date given for the 'total exploration' expansion was march 10th, wether or not its working at all is another question, WIS is due for christmas next year.

the new partical effects are due by the end of this year.

the idea of fuel pellets is basically to pick a specific time you wish to fuel a pos and it auto takes everything from your hangar to create a single item, which you then drop into the pos and it fuels it for that duration.

uncoupling Sov, they were talking about 2 options, one was to move from moon pos to planetary pos as sov holders, the other option was to have activity levels generate sov, so the more people mining, ratting, exploring, killing enemies etc generate the sov.

they havent decided on the final mechanic but its definatly changing.

Maddzy wrote: »
    Pls explain more about "Planetary rings" hmm...

the way it was described is this

all belts are removed and replaced with planetary rings, you do not know what each asteroid has mineral wise so you have to scan them to find what you want, there was a bit about requiring more skill to find the rarer minerals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

uncoupling Sov, they were talking about 2 options, one was to move from moon pos to planetary pos as sov holders,

Ive heard this idea bounced around a lot and it strikes me as some of the dumbest **** I have ever heard. Moving Sov from moon POS to planet POS doesnt fix the Sov issue in any way I can divine. Youre still at a POS grinding them down.
    the other option was to have activity levels generate sov, so the more people mining, ratting, exploring, killing enemies etc generate the sov.

LOL - This would be awesome.

"BoB CTA!!!! Sov under threat in NOL!!! Rorquals>Exhumers>CNRs>Drakes!!!"

Tri would be back in Empire inside a week in the face of the Hydra juggernaut.

Im not sure making fueling POS easier is the way to go tbh. About the only check on a powerblocs advance these days is fuelling all those POS is a horrific concept. Making it easier for a power bloc to maintain POS in space they barely even heard of, makes it harder for newer alliances to force their way into a corner of 0.0

Personally Id love to see mechanics for Grand Theft Dysprosium from moon mining POS. Be awesome to see small gangs of 10 or so able to raid into 0.0 space and make off with the contents of a silo [ perhaps some mechanics for jamming a POS, or "faking" blue to the POS for some set period of time - 15 minutes inside 24 hours, hacking job to open the silo, tick tick tick before the POS goes live again] - gives the owners a reason to come out and fight to defend their mining and punishes absentee landlords.
    they havent decided on the final mechanic but its definatly changing.

Hopefully to something better than they mentioned at Fan Fest. Probably moving Sov to constellation level instead of system would be a good start. Multiple nodes required to be held simultaneously to break apart the blob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I only care about shooting ******s and making their day in Eve a bad one. So all of this can suck my left one. Cant wait to pretend to be a ~~Amarrian princess gone bad~~ in WIS.

Just get rid of cyno jammers and all that poo poo. Make outposts destructible blahdy blah blah /careface.

Remember the OWN ZONE is very serious.

• Advertisement

almost forgot one of the devs at the roundtable for 0.0 was proposing the idea of only being able to online one of either the jammer or jumpbridge in a system at time and it got a lot of positive support.

another idea for pos was to move pos to planets but leave mods at the moons but making them invincible until the pos dies, however you could attack them and offline them and you would get anything in the buffer/hanger at the time of offlining. the online pos would then repair the mods over an hour or so, so they would come back online. this got mixed support.

moving sov to planetary pos cuts down the number of pos in system required to take sov, and stops spamming, at least thats what they were going for with the idea

another thing "bandied around" was the removal of local chat and adding of more in-game intelligence gathering tools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

almost forgot one of the devs at the roundtable for 0.0 was proposing the idea of only being able to online one of either the jammer or jumpbridge in a system at time and it got a lot of positive support.

Wouldnt that completely **** over alliances trying to store their caps in their outposts? They could only move them into systems with a station and no cynojammer...which is an invitation for MAX II to call by with 10 Titans or whatever they have now.
    moving sov to planetary pos cuts down the number of pos in system required to take sov, and stops spamming, at least thats what they were going for with the idea

Is POS spamming the Sov problem? I didnt think it was that big an issue as opposed to the "OH ****, NOT ANOTHER 8 HOURS GRINDING ****ING POS" issue.
    another thing "bandied around" was the removal of local chat and adding of more in-game intelligence gathering tools.

5-10 minute delay in local updating is all they need there tbh - roaming gangs can see ratters/miners in local as soon as they enter and have 10 minutes to catch them before local updates for the ratter.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Hmm Liked that new video i have to say ..

As for all these changes.. Im not getting my hopes up tbh.. Wanna see it in action before I say anything.

Advertisement