Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PH A110 or B110?

• 10-11-2008 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    After been looking for a NMT for a while and reading boards it seems the popcorn hour is the only way to go. I was going to order an A110 as from what ive read its a super piece of kit. However when I went on to pre-order an A110 I seen they have B110's in stock and they seem to be cheaper. Does anyone know of any chassis's that the B110 will fit into nicely or should I just wait it out and order an A110. Does anyone know the lead time of these devices? I am looking to have it for xmas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

The B series are inteneded for the OEM market. I'd go for an A110 or one of the other NMT players. eGreat and iStar have both announced new models in time for Christmas so they could be well worth checking out. If you must have an A110 then eBay is the fastest way to get one or the Spanish PCH site which as it's in the EU avoids VAT and import duty issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Cheers dude...

Have you used either the egreat and istar? Would you recommend them over the A110? Have they also got torrent capabilities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

All NMT based players are effectively the same on the inside - same chipset, applications (including BitTorrent), etc. The only differences are foorprint and styling on the outside, and importantly connectivity e.g. SPDIF, COAX, USB slave to name but a few. So which one you choose depends to me on connectivity and availability. And as the Popcorn units are hard to get hold of it's often easier to pick another one.

www.mpcclub.com is your friend when choosing.

I own an iStar Mini 1.3 which I'm very happy with and it has both COAX an SPDIF which the PCH doesn't. However, the eGreat offers USB slave and has extra RAM whcih is useful for running NMT apps.

MT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have the Egreat M31B and am dead happy with it :cool:

Ebay is your friend ;)

Advertisement