Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where can I get Power Steering Fluid?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I've my NCT at lunch time in Ballymun. I thought the local Topaz in City west would have it but no (btw - its a 98 1.4 focus - is there any particular type i should get?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Your local motor factors should have some. Check in the golden pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I think Fords usually use CHF11S - check the manual. You should be able to get it in Halfords, or definitely in a good factors, they should tell you what you need too; you don't want to mix different types.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Depends on the cap, green takes green fluid, red takes red fluid and black is red fluid, i think citroen atf is also the same as the red fluid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I found the stuff in the Ford dealer was around the same price as anywhere else I went to, and they'll definately have the right type!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

ebay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Paddy001 wrote: »
    Depends on the cap, green takes green fluid, red takes red fluid and black is red fluid, i think citroen atf is also the same as the red fluid

Yes Atf (auto trans fluid)is the red fluid but this is not to be confused with the LHM which alot of citroens use

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

mickdw wrote: »
    Yes Atf (auto trans fluid)is the red fluid but this is not to be confused with the LHM which alot of citroens use

Most definitely not! LHM is mineral based - mix it (or use in place of) ATF at your peril.

Incidentally, Citroen owners can use vegetable oil in a dire emergency i.e. complete depressurisation of the hydraulic suspension system.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

mickdw wrote: »

sorry dunno what i was thinking, think i meant to say its not the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

I know a woman who is selling her car because it failed the NCT. The car didn't fail on engine emissions. I want to drive it to see how the engine is. Can this be done legally?

Advertisement