Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Docks & the Big Pile of ****e

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

churchview wrote: »
    ...which they then probably sell back to "Galway Metal Company" who own the scrap at the docks!

Aaah the vicious 'Gyppo Circle' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Aaah the vicious 'Gyppo Circle' :pac:

Dunno if Mr. Galway Metal considers himself a member of that Circle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats my mate looking for some bits or steel for making a weightbench.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

skelliser wrote: »
    Sorry, but iv been down there numerous times and it hasnt been fenced off

Me too. I live a couple of blocks away, and my partner likes ships. He actually likes walking by the damn heap of s***e, just to see what's going on. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

JustMary wrote: »
    Me too. I live a couple of blocks away, and my partner likes ships. He actually likes walking by the damn heap of s***e, just to see what's going on. Sigh.

WTF is wrong with that? :confused: Least ya know for certain he's not queer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

churchview wrote: »
    Dunno if Mr. Galway Metal considers himself a member of that Circle :D

If he's buying from 'em, then he is part of it whether he wants to be or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Check out this website full of pictures of ships in Galway docks.

www.galwayships.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Used to have the same problem with being awoken by the scrap when I lived beside the Docks. It really used to annoy me but now that I'm not living there anymore, I'd love to be back there! Lovely apartments around there, and great location. You don't know what you have until it's gone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

The sad thing is that the Metal is the last export from Galway Docks since McDonaghs finished up exporting Fertiliser from there. Say what you like about the noise, generations grew up and lived from businesses which thrived exporting from the docks all of which (with the exception of Galway Metal) are now gone.

Advertisement