Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Cars

Options
  • 10-11-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I am just in the process of trying to source a new company car. Hopefully Audi A4 but everyone I ring just quotes me the On The Road Price.

Looking for a striaght cash deal with no trade-in. Can anyone give me an idea what sort of discount I should be getting from the dealer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

You should try some of the leasing companies like Windsor fleet or the likes.. I bought a car from them a while back as a company car. They usually only deal with stuff like this. A dealer like this can deal with any make and model, and get a decent discount from the manufacturer...

Worth a try.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I've been looking at a new A4 and two dealers were giving me between €2000-2500 off for cash. Seemed to be giving up to €4k against an A6 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Our company A4's are through Lombard Leasing.

The directors swear by them. Mines not up for renewal until 2009 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Maf180

Thanks for replies.

1 dealer has this morning quoted me €41,300 OTR for the 143BHP TDI Sport, but will do for €38,500 for straight cash deal, which doesnt seem bad.

Not interested if trade in involved. Wont take any trade in cars when selling new. Just cant move them.

You can get the 170bhp in the same Co2 class as the 143bhp if that interests you. I dont know the price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Why are you goin for the 143bhp version?

The 120bhp version is not a bit slower, is cheaper and tbh the 143 will prob be worth about the same in a few years time...

They start at €35100 + del and metallic paint...

Maf180, check back here later today and seen has AudiChris replied. He will know all the right answers. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Maf180 wrote: »
    I am just in the process of trying to source a new company car. Hopefully Audi A4 but everyone I ring just quotes me the On The Road Price.

Looking for a striaght cash deal with no trade-in. Can anyone give me an idea what sort of discount I should be getting from the dealer?

Are you based around Dublin? I know a very fair and knowledgeable salesman in one of the dealers - I'm sure he'll be around soon.
    Our company A4's are through Lombard Leasing.

Feckin' chancers :D (I was there last year, they'd be great if it wasn't for the boss - he's pretty high up in SIMI so I think that says it all :rolleyes:)

€38,500 for a car with OTR of €41,300 is a pretty good deal in my opinion. Not much in it for the dealer at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

This is fairly standard industry practice, the line I'd use is "the best deal is done in the showroom" :D.
    Very few dealers will quote discounted prices over the phone, maybe with the current circumstances that'll change, but I hope not.
    Thanks for replies.

1 dealer has this morning quoted me €41,300 OTR for the 143BHP TDI Sport, but will do for €38,500 for straight cash deal, which doesnt seem bad.

I would take this deal. I don't see any competitor dealer beating this by any meaningful amount.
    If it's for January, it's a very good deal
    R.O.R wrote: »
    Are you based around Dublin? I know a very fair and knowledgeable salesman in one of the dealers - I'm sure he'll be around soon.

:o

:D:D:D

Advertisement