Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Scary Spider Problem!

Options
  • 10-11-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

PLEASE let there be someone who can help me with this!

I have been on holidays for the last 5 weeks and when I came home and drove my car (about 10pm) I noticed a HUGE black spider inside the car sitting on the dash in front of the drivers window. Being completely arachnophobic (and a woman!) I nearly crashed the car with fright and when I stopped and got out to look for him he had vanished.

I couldnt find any cobwebs in the car the next morning so I thought maybe the fright gave him the heart attack I nearly had. So after getting my mother and boyfriend (god bless them) to search inside the car and all its little crevices with a torch I reluctantly drove it, with no sign of the spider.

Then in work it was suggested to look under the bonnet in case he crawled away into the air vent and underneath. So I opened the bonnet and to my horror the top right of the engine was covered in spiderwebs. I couldnt see him but I killed a baby one that was crawling there. But I know this definately wasnt 'the' spider because it was really huge. Im too afraid to spray it all over the place with insect spray incase I damage the engine.

Please help if you know what to do or have had this problem yourself!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Use a hover to suck the bastards up :pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Greener

I tried but I cant see him! Cant get a hoover skinny enough the go into all the crevices in the engine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ejvilla

This might help!
    Greener wrote: »
    I tried but I cant see him! Cant get a hoover skinny enough the go into all the crevices in the engine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Greener

Haha! Oh if only I could find him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

no advice other than to be very careful when driving, if you are on the alert for a hge spider and it pops up in your sight while driving you are liable to swerve. its prob in the engine as the webs were there if i were you i would douse the engine in fly spray shur it cant do any harm!

• Advertisement
Advertisement