Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ding repair in Dublin

Options
  • 10-11-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Anyone know of a place in Dublin where I can get dings fixed. Picked up a pretty bad one on the weekend and need it taken care of professionally.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Custom and Epoxy Repairs
    Based in South Dublin
    Chris Darling, Tel 0879659524
    email:chris.darling@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭dutchgoldtony

I got my board fixed during the week after this happened, in Surfdock by a guy called Bill who comes and picks up boards a few times a week.

I'll post some pics tomorrow but he did an amazing job - so much so that there's probably no point in posting pics, the board looks as good as new (no exaggerations!), it seems strong so far (lasted the weekend in Sligo), and he was really reasonable - can't enthuse too much about how good the job is!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Baluka

Thanks for the help I will check them both out. Do you know how much they charge to fix a medium sized ding?

I was charged €90 for the work done on my board.
    The board was fully creased (you can see in the pictures in the thread I linked) and the epoxy on the rails was cracked / ripped. He had to cut out the whole crack, rebuild all the layers, repaint and so on... He also patched up a few minor dings on the tail for me for free!

I reckon yours should be considerably less - how big is the ding?

Oh and Chris Darling (from the post above) is no longer in the country - I just remembered I contacted him about getting my board fixed a few weeks ago.

Oh yeah - and good luck with the fix!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Oh and Chris Darling (from the post above) is no longer in the country - I just remembered I contacted him about getting my board fixed a few weeks ago.

Oh yeah - and good luck with the fix!

Ah fair enough. I just plucked his name out of the sticky at the top of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Baluka

Ding isnt too bad about an inch long and 1/8 inch deep on the bottom of the board. Hopefully he will be able to fix it handy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mulletamoeba

Chris Darling's brother, Jonny, is around and does fine work on traumatised boards. He's on 0833457998, south dublin.

Advertisement