Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How come?

Options
  • 10-11-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

How come NTL broadband is available in my area (dublin 10) but not on my road?

Is this the case for a lot of areas? As a non techie person I'm wondering how it works.

And does that mean it will never be available? No one seem to know why, or if ever at NTL.
    (using IBB at the moment - would like faster bb for around the same price)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

NTL BB is available around me (Dub 8 area)but not available to me and this is the case in many areas. AFAIK it relates to the need to replace and upgrade old cables. The older systems apparently were geared to one way transmission while bb obviously requires two way. NTL have never told anyone at any stage when bb is likely to be available in an area and the csrs are definitely the last to know so dont believe a word that any NTL people tell you.

Advertisement