Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Emergency Landing in Rome

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

1. Is this the 2nd time Ryanair have said that one of their planes had to land because of "bird strike"? They are very unlucky thats all?

They have a lot of planes. Work it out.
    2. It was very good of them to release a picture of the plane. Nobody can argue, you can see the blood of birds on the plane so this must have caused the crash, right?

Oh I am sure that there is plenty of other evidence whenbirds hit planes. Mashed birds, for one.

You seem to think that the Italian authorities, and local maintance crews are involved in a RyanAir run worldwide conspiracy where, when ryanAir flights tend to get into difficulty they rush out with the fake blood and the feathers to mock things up a bit.
    3. What height was the plane travelling when it happened?

Dont know but it couldnt have been 30,000 feet for obvious reasons. Only migrating birds fly high, as far as I know, birds generally fly close to the earth where the food is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Flocks of birds around airports is a very bid deal and they go to great lengths to try and keep any birds away by various means, the best has to be this bird though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

John_Mc wrote: »
    Idiot

Nice. Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Nice. Reported.

Nicely done. Bet you are the type to sit up the front in class and bring the teacher an apple everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Ryanair give us a picture from the future and expect us to swallow it, eh?

I'm sensing sarcasm in his post.....

• Advertisement

noblestee wrote: »
    I'm sensing sarcasm in his post.....

Exactly, a senseless and idiotic post. Hence my reply "Idiot". And this guy goes and reports me!

If anything, I should be reporting him. But I won't, because I've better things to do with my time :rolleyes:

If anything, I should be reporting him. But I won't, because I've better things to do with my time

For what. For a post you dont agree with, argue in the thread. On the other hand your entire post is an Ad Hominem. Of one word.

What you could do is say "That is an idiotic argumnent, you cant be serious, here is why you are wrong..." etc. which attacks the post, not the poster. forums without rules on personal attacks tend to decay into chaos.

asdasd wrote: »
    For what. For a post you dont agree with, argue in the thread. On the other hand your entire post is an Ad Hominem. Of one word.

What you could do is say "That is an idiotic argumnent, you cant be serious, here is why you are wrong..." etc. which attacks the post, not the poster. forums without rules on personal attacks tend to decay into chaos.

No, for a post that is blatantly wrong. There's no opinion here, it's factually incorrect and the poster knew it at the time of writing.

I shouldn't need to fluff up my post with "Dear poster, you are wrong because the aircraft did crash, the photo isn't from the future. Please don't take this as a personal insult".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

John_Mc wrote: »
    No, for a post that is blatantly wrong. There's no opinion here, it's factually incorrect and the poster knew it at the time of writing.

I shouldn't need to fluff up my post with "Dear poster, you are wrong because the aircraft did crash, the photo isn't from the future. Please don't take this as a personal insult".

He was commenting on the date that's on the bottom right of the pic, which is a date in the future. It was a joke. A joke is when someone says something that makes people laugh.

Ok, try this - "your post is idiotic".

• Advertisement

Biro wrote: »
    He was commenting on the date that's on the bottom right of the pic, which is a date in the future. It was a joke. A joke is when someone says something that makes people laugh.

Ah, is that what a joke is? Thanks :rolleyes:
    Ok, try this - "your post is idiotic".

Nice. Reported.

reported for what? :-) Hilarious. Firstly you clearly missed the quotes, this was for you to say in future. Secondly the difference is in attacking the post ( the post is idiotic) not the poster ( idiot) is obvious to all, I assume.

That's the problem with all ad homimens. We are now arguing about the types of post, not the original topic.

reported for what? :-) Hilarious. Firstly you clearly missed the quotes, this was for you to say in future. Secondly the difference is in attacking the post ( the post is idiotic) not the poster ( idiot) is obvious to all, I assume.

That's the problem with all ad homimens. We are now arguing about the types of post, not the original topic.

I was joking about the reporting, as if I care if some stranger on the net calls me an idiot :p

You're right, this has digressed from the topic so enough of it. I just thought someone reporting for me for calling someone an idiot was nothing short of pathetic, especially when they werent even participating in the discussion anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

See, if this was a thread about Aer Lingus or some other airline, it probably would not have spiralled way off topic.....

Maybe Ryanair is hiring people to post off topic in order to hide the truth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

woah, cant believe how much that escalated. JohnMc, if someone makes a joke you dont find funny, why not just ignore it? Different people, different senses of humour etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

:eek:

Im flying to Bristol on Monday morning with Ryanair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

1386056.jpg

If the link works then this is a good example of what the FR could have faced, except while in the air.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Damo9090 wrote: »
    :eek:

Im flying to Bristol on Monday morning with Ryanair!

I'm flying out of Bristol Monday morning with Ryanair. Leave the plane in a nice state for me, preferably with both wings still attached and no birds splattered over the windscreen.

Advertisement