Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 2 Sign-Up Thread.

Options
  • 10-11-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I like the cooperative elements in this game as much as anybody else, but I also love the sense of competition this game fosters.

Just wanna set up a thread for people to gather their gamertags to compare scores and such. For example on the overall drum career I have 3 entries on my friends leaderboard.

Me on the bottom with ~5.5 million, then a friend on 5.6 million, then boards resident drum master Danbhala360 on about 6.7 million. It's nice to have something to aim for...

With that in mind, and RB2 only around the corner... Post your GT's for some friendly competition.

Burning Eclipse

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I have 7.6million on drums but never actually tried to get high scores and stuff so this would be good for me.

CE+MacDuff.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I have 7.6million on drums but never actually tried to get high scores and stuff so this would be good for me.

CE+MacDuff.png

Good Lord... Well, that certainly is something to aim for...

Will invite you now :)

Hopefully this thread will pick up speed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Good Lord... Well, that certainly is something to aim for...

Will invite you now :)

Hopefully this thread will pick up speed!!

Hah... he's pretty good. You'll be a while catching up to him on Drums and Guitar anyway. (he plays crap like Dead On Arrival on Drums for fun... what a freak :eek:)

My gamertag is Cullyz0rz... Add me if you want... on RB1, I have about 6.3mil on drums, 7mil on vocals, and about 3.5mil (don't play much) on guitar. I can get a lot more on Guitar, but I generally spend time on vocals or drums :/

On RB2, I have about 3.2mil on Vocals, 2.6mil on Drums so far, but will increase that a lot now that I know how the stupid scoreboard updates.

cedomination: Add me to your xbox friend list... I wanna spy on you so I can try beat ya on something ;) Also... RB2, my house again... possibly this weekend :O

EDIT: \/
    cullyz0rz.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Gamertag: RobsYourUncle

I've got about 9.4m on Drums, 9.2m on guitar and I only play vocals when theres nobody else in the house ;)

Feel free to add :)

EDIT: I've only got RB1 btw

Gamertag: RobsYourUncle

I've got about 9.4m on Drums, 9.2m on guitar and I only play vocals when theres nobody else in the house ;)

Feel free to add :)

EDIT: I've only got RB1 btw

:eek: That's pretty sick going!!

I also only play vocals when I'm alone. ;)

I invited both ye guys, would be nice to get a decent size leaderboard going!

• Advertisement

Does dlc count towards your score? I only have about 20-30 dlc tracks.

Does dlc count towards your score? I only have about 20-30 dlc tracks.

Nope, it doesn't. Only the original on disc songs (excluding the 9 European ones.) So, the main setlist and bonus setlist only!! :)

Nope, it doesn't. Only the original on disc songs (excluding the 9 European ones.) So, the main setlist and bonus setlist only!! :)

Cool,we'll all have a fresh start this friday with rock band 2 then :)

Cool,we'll all have a fresh start this friday with rock band 2 then :)

And the race to 10 million... ;)

Edit: for each instrument!

Uh no... For RB2 there are 84 ON-Disc songs which are included in the career score. The RB1 imported stuff does not count (afaik), and DLC does not count.

Edit: for each instrument!

10mil is low.... 57 songs maxed on RB1 = about 11.2 mil
    This time it has 84 songs... which I think comes in at about 22mil or something max per instrument.

Anyway.. Before you people get this game, you should realise that the online scores are bugged to death... There was a time during the first import of the RB1 songs to RB2 where they counted towards career, but then an update "fixed" it. I seriously hope microsoft fix it, but you'll find a handful of users ahead of the pack by like 10 mil in each list.... clearly bugged :/

I'll try and fill in my blanks on my drum scores, and add everyone to my list tonight. When you all get RB2 first, you can all aim for my score :D I'm not that great, but at least I'll have a score on there which you can have as your first aim ;) I'd also like to have people on there with scores... however high or low...

• Advertisement

Cully wrote: »
    Uh no... For RB2 there are 84 ON-Disc songs which are included in the career score. The RB1 imported stuff does not count (afaik), and DLC does not count.

I was talking about Rock Band 1, as neither of us has RB2 yet... Well, I know I don't.

10mil is low.... 57 songs maxed on RB1 = about 11.2 mil
    This time it has 84 songs... which I think comes in at about 22mil or something max per instrument.

I played with Bobalicious93 last night. Out of ~11.2 mil he has 9.4 mil. I'd love to see someone here get even close to that, the guy is a beast :p

As for RB2... ~15,728,875 max guitar, ~16,321,134 max Drums and ~17,303,742 max vocals... (from score hero) I maintain that 10 mil is gonna be a decent score, that most here won't hit. Ever.

In any case, up it to 12 mil so. ;)

I played with Bobalicious93 last night. Out of ~11.2 mil he has 9.4 mil. I'd love to see someone here get even close to that, the guy is a beast :p
    awwwww... thanks :DI'll pay you later

I really should go back and do another run-through of the main setlist before RB2 though, I've mostly been playing DLC the last few months so I'm sure it could go higher

Cully wrote:
    I was talking about Rock Band 1, as neither of us has RB2 yet... Well, I know I don't.

Wait... Why would there be a race to 10 mil if you're talking about RB1? it's been out for ages.... And I'm pretty sure Bobalicious93 will get there first. 10mil is probably 99% on practically everything.
    In any case, up it to 12 mil so. ;)

Well... I'll be going through the setlist properly over the next week or so and I'll let you know what's realistic for "normal" people. :P
    I really should go back and do another run-through of the main setlist before RB2 though, I've mostly been playing DLC the last few months so I'm sure it could go higher

Whoa... so you have 9+ mil on drums... Can I ask what setup you have? Do you just have a coin-modded stock kit? Are you a drummer IRL? How did you get good? Is it just practise? Do you have an Electronic Drumkit? (which is the road I'm going down now).

nosy me ;)

Whoa... so you have 9+ mil on drums... Can I ask what setup you have? Do you just have a coin-modded stock kit? Are you a drummer IRL? How did you get good? Is it just practise? Do you have an Electronic Drumkit? (which is the road I'm going down now).

nosy me ;)
    well, 9.8 actually haha but no problem,

I just have a stock QM kit with the sock mod. My first 2 kits were EL's and were absolute cack.

I wasn't a drummer IRL before RB but I am getting a real kit for my birthday at the end of this month. I always thought I had a natural knack for drumming though.

It's cheesy but all I did to improve was practise :D.

EDIT: I just added you on XBL Cully

well, 9.8 actually haha but no problem,

I just have a stock QM kit with the sock mod. My first 2 kits were EL's and were absolute cack.

I wasn't a drummer IRL before RB but I am getting a real kit for my birthday at the end of this month. I always thought I had a natural knack for drumming though.

It's cheesy but all I did to improve was practise :D.

EDIT: I just added you on XBL Cully

Awesome.. Well I like to hear people taking up actual drumming. Some people have a knack for that kind of thing. Unfortunately I can't seem to get to a stage where I can pass the last (hardest) stuff on drums or guitar... I hope I'm not at my limitation and can improve :/

Anyway.... I'm also getting an electric drumset... although I just said feck it last thursday and I'm probably getting on on tuesday... I'm thinking of a Roland TD-6kv or kx... if kv, then upgrade the Rubber pads to mesh later on at €200 per head. You might want to also look up MSA-P ... it's a chip which you can solder a few tiny things and it'll act as something you plug your e-kit to the xbox for RB.... GH:WT doesn't need such an adaptor, and this is the best way to use it for RB without messing your drums.

9.8mil? damn... I have to go back and try and improve my measly 6.5 or something :/ I probably could now that I've been playing RB2 for a good while.

I was going to go gold star everything on guitar but I got bored so I think I'll just wait for rock band 2 and work on my carrer score on that.

If the new drums are out along with the game this friday I'm definitely getting them,It's really hard to improve my scores because the yellow and red pad just randomly miss notes.

I just completed bladder of steel award on xbox...

6 hours 11 mins of non stop singing... I've lost my voice and I'm tired

God damn you harmonix! Achievements like this should be illegal.

How's your bladder? :D

How's your bladder? :D

Made of steel.... obviously.

Nah my throat was wrecked.. Apart from that it was quite fun to play... Starting at around 1:30am was probably the bad part...

Yeah that probably wasn't the best idea. ;)

And also, how come you haven't accepted my FR Cully? did I send it to the right GT?

• Advertisement

Yeah that probably wasn't the best idea. ;)

And also, how come you haven't accepted my FR Cully? did I send it to the right GT?

Probably... I was at a friends house all weekend (2 hrs drive away) and I brought my xbox there.... and I only got back 15 mins ago. I need to go to bed, so I won't be setting up the xbox now... I'll accept it tomorrow when I'm back from work.. Sorry about that :P

My throat is still croaky.. lol

Oh.. I also passed the "impossible vocals challenge".... Only about 7 or 8 achievements left... and I should be able to get some of them easy enough :P

EDIT: Also, I can't connect to xbox live at my friends house

Probably... I was at a friends house all weekend (2 hrs drive away) and I brought my xbox there.... and I only got back 15 mins ago. I need to go to bed, so I won't be setting up the xbox now... I'll accept it tomorrow when I'm back from work.. Sorry about that :P

My throat is still croaky.. lol

Oh.. I also passed the "impossible vocals challenge".... Only about 7 or 8 achievements left... and I should be able to get some of them easy enough :P

EDIT: Also, I can't connect to xbox live at my friends house

Yeah no worries mate. I was just wondering hehe

On RB2, I have about 3.2mil on Vocals

Make that 8.3 mil.. I've been busy ;)

Nice, that is quite a jump!! :)

Only 3 days to go... Getting excited now!

Nice, that is quite a jump!! :)

Only 3 days to go... Getting excited now!

Heh... If you work in gamestop, they might let you 'borrow' it before it's out.

Also, I think I got 4 probably optimal top scores (vox) last night... I think 3 were in the top 100 in XBL and 1 is 137th....

I'll see tonight if I can improve it :)

(the score difference between 1st and 100th is rarely more than 1000 points)

+5 more 100% GS songs ;)

Although.. that's the easy ones out of the way... I'll be hard pushed to get much more.

+5 more 100% GS songs ;)

Although.. that's the easy ones out of the way... I'll be hard pushed to get much more.

I know you might prefer other instruments, but if we're setting up an all Expert band, you can see why you'd be our number one choice for vocals, right?? ;)

I know you might prefer other instruments, but if we're setting up an all Expert band, you can see why you'd be our number one choice for vocals, right?? ;)

Lol yeah yeah... well vocals has a problem... if you have all DLC which is the guts of 500 songs now.. then it takes a lot of work to get to know the songs.... It's not like drums and guitar where you can sightread them :P

BUT... if I am doing vocals, I'll need to know beforehand, so I can go to the upstairs xbox... I don't like (attempting to) sing in our main room as there are other people there and it must be quite annoying for them :P

I tend to whore Drums and Vocals only... Dunno why, but I don't like Lead Guitar too much... that's only for when I want a change... Am I the only one who actually likes to play Bass Guitar? Dunno why, but the boring charts actually keep me interested more.

+5 more 100% GS songs ;)

+4 more.. I love having an empty house... lets me scream all I want... now I'm hoarse.... AGAIN

funny thing is.. I've had a throat infection for the past 2 weeks and I can't get rid of it... this doesn't help.. in fact.. it makes me more raspy :mad:

• Advertisement

+4 more..

12 GSs on Expert Vocals now... so many close calls with others. :/

Ok.. I'm ready for the weeked.. There's already a sign on the forums with "Challenges" specifically for europeans.

Advertisement