Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dandare's Works

Options
  • 10-11-2008 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Ok, so at the beginning I want to say that since I'm new here I have no idea if it's ok for me to post such thread.

Anyway I just want to say that there are a manga style artists in Ireland and even since my shabby skills I count as one of them

And if there are more of you people I would like to see your works for sure ^^

As a starter I want to say that I started drawing 5 months ago and I plan on making my own mangas titled: "Netherlay" and "Undead"

As for example of my shabby works let's put some OC's made for my mangas:
    Uncoloured:
    Art_Jam___call_her_Syntia_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Coloured:
    Inanna_or_Nin_Chan_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Dolores_and_Heime_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg

Arien_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg

Sometimes I draw character made by other people if they would aks me it was like this in case of Mitsuki:
    Request__Mitsuki_Oiakame_2_C_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg

Sometimes I draw a bit ... for fun. You know: in the summer I made few such drawings:
    CARMI_CHAN_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Do_you_wanna_join_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    For Halloween I made this:
    HAPPY_HALLOWEEN_from_Selene_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Few hours later I changed it into this (with little witch drawn by my friend.... but coloured by me XD):
    MANGA_WITCHES_HALLOWEEN_ATTACK_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Since in my mangas would appear divine creatures and monsters... I draw also such things:
    Undead_bestiary__Alala_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Skuld_the_Valkyrie_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Hildr_the_Valkyrie_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    I done fanart only once... and this is how it ended... (shabby isn't it?):
    Ichigo_and_OC____complete_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg

OH! And I almost forget! Feel free to ask some questions or put comments here! I would be pleased!

And If you want to know more about me and drawings I posted here (or characters on them) I firstly recommend:
    http://dandare-rastaban.deviantart.com/
    Seiran_in_colour_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    (You know you want to see more)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

Some of my new character designs:
    Mahou_Shoujo_Zeta_chan_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Zeta__chan_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Freyja_goddess_of_many_names_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There excellent drawings well done,Wish I could draw manga :(.

There excellent drawings well done,Wish I could draw manga :(.

Wow, thanks for first comment :D

Won't like to give me some commission?
    I still make them for free to learn some new things (people sometimes have an interesting ideas)

My new work ^^ (hope someone will like it :rolleyes: )
    Alice_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wow,thats really cool.I also like the drawing in the link in the above post.

more drawings please :P.

Yay XD

Any particular wishes ^^?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Interesting Drawings Dan, just wanted to properly welcome you to boards :)

The hand colouring is quite good, have you thought about maybe switching over to photoshop and colouring that way?

I'm not much of an artist myself so i wouldn't really be able to give any substantial advice other than the above but i can appreciate art none the less (did dabble a bit few years ago but woeful at drawing! :D)

I don't know much about drawing Manga style art but i only know its a tough gig, just keep at it and then learn how to use photoshop to touch up your pictures and they can make so much of a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

there pretty cool
    have any story lines your working on?
    lay them out for us :)

• Advertisement

Yay XD

Any particular wishes ^^?

maybe some more of your original stuff?or maybe a drawing of sephiroth :-P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

maybe some more of your original stuff?or maybe a drawing of sephiroth :-P.

ooh ooh do sephiroth!!!

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    there pretty cool
    have any story lines your working on?
    lay them out for us :)

I do.

On my DA gallery profile (link in first post) you may find my arts with characters profiles ^^ (their age, basic storyline etc.)

Also after first year of training (or sooner) I plan on making two mangas. I have the story, yet not all characters profiles were drawn ^^'

About drawing of Spehiroth: added to list XD. I think I'll make it this week ^^

To add some interest. Here's my latest drawing of Arachne from Greek mythology ^^:
    Arachne_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg

Interesting Drawings Dan, just wanted to properly welcome you to boards :)

The hand colouring is quite good, have you thought about maybe switching over to photoshop and colouring that way?

I'm not much of an artist myself so i wouldn't really be able to give any substantial advice other than the above but i can appreciate art none the less (did dabble a bit few years ago but woeful at drawing! :D)

I don't know much about drawing Manga style art but i only know its a tough gig, just keep at it and then learn how to use photoshop to touch up your pictures and they can make so much of a difference

You're not the first person telling me that ^^'''

Yet I wanted to learn "origins" firstly XD.

Anyway: to draw manga You don't even need to be able to colour things in fact... I wanted to try it only to better show of my characters :D.

I think I'll need to learn photoshop or other program in nearest future to add a bit spicy to my works ^^'. That's the main reason why I digitaly keep also the linearts.

please do cloud and aeries too if you can :).

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Before this gets out of hand Im going to tell you to set up an account on http://deviantart.com

The blonde one with the sword looks good.

Overheal wrote: »
    Before this gets out of hand Im going to tell you to set up an account on http://deviantart.com

The blonde one with the sword looks good.
    Read the first post ;). I have an account there.

No worries nothing is going to be outof control ^^. The more it's lively the better :D. Don't you think so ^^?

please do cloud and aeries too if you can :).

Well ok, but I dunno when ^^'

Seriously.

I have a few projects now. At work we have quite hard stuff to... and I wanted to try learning one nice program XD (trully nice, I should colour with it no less good than with photoshop and even quicker... if I learn to use it properly ^^')

My latest work (took me some time ¬_¬ ). Hope You guys would like it:
    Sedah_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    Now Sephiroth ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Your art is amazing! Were you at Eirtakon as there was an artist alley. Did you ever hear of Sweatdropstudios? There are a UK based manga publishers who publisher new talented manga, I say they publisher Manga from Ireland and Europe. It is worth looking into to.:) Here is the link http://www.sweatdrop.com/ You could consider entering the Rising Stars of Tokyo Pop competition.

You are talented as you can draw characters from your mind, which I say is very hard to do.

• Advertisement

Your art is amazing! Were you at Eirtakon as there was an artist alley.
    Nooope :(. I had some things to do (many) that keept me from it... Geez I really regret that. I wanted to see how it looks like... meet some really good artists....... >_<
    Did you ever hear of Sweatdropstudios? There are a UK based manga publishers who publisher new talented manga, I say they publisher Manga from Ireland and Europe. It is worth looking into to.:) Here is the link http://www.sweatdrop.com/ You could consider entering the Rising Stars of Tokyo Pop competition.
    Never heard about hem... but... it sound COOL ^^. It's definitely worth looking at, and I'll do it for sure XD. About competition... I mostly not even enter the final 10 ^^' (I'm good only at winning really small ones with around 20 artists... even those I loose sometimes) so I don't think I would be good in it... but I can try for fun ^^.
    You are talented as you can draw characters from your mind, which I say is very hard to do.
    Heh... it's NEEDED to be a mangaka. Yet my skills are still quite raw... Anyway drawing own characters is the greatest fun since you can create them in 100% yourself. It's like making something alive XD. Anyone should try it at least once.

For people that want to I draw sometimes their imaginated characters... but I have a bad habit of "adding" things... yet till now people who gave me such requests were in fact happy about adds :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

Each picture looks better than the last. Nice work.

Very cool drawing.keep up the good work,keep those drawings coming,I was thinking of buying one of those "how to draw manga books".

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i must admit theres a good few there I like.

If you dont mind, I wouldn't mind giving some of these a polish using photoshop. Heres some of my other work to go off: http://overheal1987.deviantart.com

Ok... so about Sephiroth I have only such sketch till now:
    Sephiroth_fanart_sketch_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    I guess that many people like Sephiroth since he was really good villain character... that makes the number of people that would be angry about my doodlish drawing REALLY HUGE....

I want to remind that I'm rather..... not very used to drawing male characters... also Sephiroth isn't easy.

Sephiroth looks cool... but his outfit style etc are quite high detailed which makes him uneasy to draw ¬_¬....

Also the poose I choosen was meant to be cool since We can see SEph pointing his sword in similar way often... it always looks kinda cool... it is most proabably first time it doesn't T_T

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

Overheal wrote: »
    i must admit theres a good few there I like.

If you dont mind, I wouldn't mind giving some of these a polish using photoshop. Heres some of my other work to go off: http://overheal1987.deviantart.com

Me first! I tried "polishing" of your pics in Flash. What do you think, DDR? :D
    dandare_zeta_colour.png

Download the attachment and remove ".txt" from its name.

Ok... so about Sephiroth I have only such sketch till now:
    Sephiroth_fanart_sketch_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    I guess that many people like Sephiroth since he was really good villain character... that makes the number of people that would be angry about my doodlish drawing REALLY HUGE....

I want to remind that I'm rather..... not very used to drawing male characters... also Sephiroth isn't easy.

Sephiroth looks cool... but his outfit style etc are quite high detailed which makes him uneasy to draw ¬_¬....

Also the poose I choosen was meant to be cool since We can see SEph pointing his sword in similar way often... it always looks kinda cool... it is most proabably first time it doesn't T_T

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

em well it does'nt really look like him im afraid,but at least you gave it your best shot and I appreciate you attempting to draw him,heck its a better effort than I ever made,work on his face,I thinks thats the bit thats really off.maybe give aeries or tifa abash?seeing as you seem to be better at drawinig female characters,you even said that yourself.

em well it does'nt really look like him im afraid,but at least you gave it your best shot and I appreciate you attempting to draw him,heck its a better effort than I ever made,work on his face,I thinks thats the bit thats really off.maybe give aeries or tifa abash?seeing as you seem to be better at drawinig female characters,you even said that yourself.

Well... thanks for being honest ^^'

I somehow lost a bit power for fanart... To enjoyence I found the first original official image o Sephiroth XD (most original ever You may say ^^...):
    Sephiroth.png
    As You may se... this dude damn evolved to be shown realistically in Advent... where as for me his face was a bit strange.... Yakuza like XD. But still his battle and texts were more than awesome ^^

I drawn in fact him in a suit we can see in Kingdom Hearts 2... I think it was a bit more interesting. Maybe coloured piece would looks better but... ehh whatever. I know I'm totaly shabby right now.

Oh and about colouring my Mahou Shoujo Zeta... somehow her mouth looks really weird. Maybe the colour used was to bright ^^'? But the clothes looks awesome XD! Good work overall.

• Advertisement

Give it another bash sure when you get a chance,you've got something to work with now XD.

Advertisement