Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dandare's Works

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭DandareRastaban

Give it another bash sure when you get a chance,you've got something to work with now XD.

Don't worry... I have few other requests, not to mention my own designs waiting... what I NEED is rather a GOOD quality guarana juice XD

Ok one thingy:

In fact face seem to be ok... but it's hair is another story.

I drew his hair like in kingdom hearts 2 where it's a bit lower and more regular (without his left front hair standing in strange way). Also head i a bit lowered...

My question is:

Do I should change hair to a more known original FF style? it's pretty easy... and changes face look a bit....

oh and dude... got some Guarana juice ^^? (I damn need it :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

keep up the good work :)

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    keep up the good work :)

THANKS XD

Such comments are like a fuel for me ;)

Yet......... I NEED GUARANA JUICE XD (or good coffee... gotta get some)

Anyway.

How do you think: should there be that hair change on my shabby Sephiroth?? Seriously... I need to know what people think about it ^^' (it's first fanart from which my client wasn't content.... yet I made only around 7 fanarts at all xD... sooo newbie)

Sorry that I wrote so much in reply^^

PS: In meantime I've made to other OC sketches ;)... but I dunno when I'll have their final pieces or even fixed linearts... I'm kinda.... overworked lately ^^'

If someone didn't check my DA gallery and is interested how my rough sketches (without bold edge lines and bug fixing) look like, here I have one of my newest projects. It's Hasdiel ^^ (one of angels of benevolence in Christian beliefs):
    Hasdiel___sketch_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    I hope You like my interpretation. For info: only sketch like that took 2 hours of work (1,5h drawing and 0,5h thinking about design).... yeah..... I'm rather still slow at drawing ^^'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

Prime32 wrote: »

I also loved the Strikers series but..... what is so familiar? Hair ribbons XD? (one of most popular adds in hair for anime girls ^^ )

I feel honoured but my style is quite........ different (I would say more shabby but already have few people beatin gmy head once I tell I'm shabby ^^' )

Hmm... Seriously hair is more similar to ninja girl from Mahou Sensei Negima... and the wings....... the hell if I know.... I just draw wings this way... I dunno if ANYONE draw them them this way (which puts in serious question if I draw them well ^^')

Hmmm... finiding lookalikes is nice hobby. I have friend from Phillipines with such..... dammit, sometimes she makes me even angry. She could find a look-alike for any second drawing of OC I make (better than this example prime... even better)... that is like poking with... no straw but dagger... I always feel less original... yet She say to not worry because like she say: "There is very small possibility of NOT finding look-alike in any anime or manga! If you would just think that the thousands of characters were made you'll tell yourself that it's impossible for them to not have similarities with the others!". She believes I'm original.... at least for clothes as she say.

Seriously: Lookalikes are a problem for a new artists.

PS: That friend of mine knows at least 3 times more anime and manga series than me... I know many, believe me.

PS2: I LIKE RIBBONS XD! Just bear with the fact that I put them on many female characters in many ways... in fact I also like chains but this time they weren't really good to put them here ^^'

Oh, btw: Hayate Yagami's (on picture) and mine Hasdiel's staffs both were designed on middle ages bishops staffs. I recommend checking them since their designs were beatifull ^^ ! There were only few main designs... I don't remember name of this one.... need to check my notes ;P

Neeed Coooooooffffffffeeeeeeeee.... bhuaaaaaa...... and braaaaains...... and cheeeesee'n'oooniooon priiiiinglesssssss........

But first I gotta get back from work :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If someone didn't check my DA gallery and is interested how my rough sketches (without bold edge lines and bug fixing) look like, here I have one of my newest projects. It's Hasdiel ^^ (one of angels of benevolence in Christian beliefs):
    Hasdiel___sketch_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg
    I hope You like my interpretation. For info: only sketch like that took 2 hours of work (1,5h drawing and 0,5h thinking about design).... yeah..... I'm rather still slow at drawing ^^'

wow thats a cool drawing,the only thing that I can see that remsembles that other picture that the other poster posted is the staff you drew.what is guargana juice and where can I buy it XD?

• Advertisement

wow thats a cool drawing,the only thing that I can see that remsembles that other picture that the other poster posted is the staff you drew.what is guargana juice and where can I buy it XD?

Wow thanks. And guarana is a fruit with large natural amount of caffeine. One glass of pure guarana juice haves around the same amount of caffeine as 3 cups of coffee..... So it's VEEEERY good once you feel sleepy ^^

Once again thanks ^^

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

no problem keep them coming.

I also loved the StrikerS series but..... what is so familiar? Hair ribbons XD? (one of most popular adds in hair for anime girls ^^ )
    Both of them have wings, cross-shaped staves, books called "Book of Something", and hair ribbons worn in the same way (Reinforce-possessed Hayate also has similar stuff on her legs). Add this to the fact that you already drew a girl in dark clothing with a cloak and a scythe... At this point Zeta-chan starts looking suspicious (brown hair? cute? scary when angry? hmmm...) :p
    nanoha-709572.jpg

Both of them have wings, cross-shaped staves, books called "Book of Something", and hair ribbons worn in the same way (Reinforce-possessed Hayate also has similar stuff on her legs). Add this to the fact that you already drew a girl in dark clothing with a cloak and a scythe... At this point Zeta-chan starts looking suspicious (brown hair? cute? scary when angry? hmmm...) :p
    nanoha-709572.jpg

C'mon Zeta is based on My Sis XD (Nanoha would not even stand her personality seriously... did You ever hear Nanoha were Sadistic ^^ ?)

Also scythe... is rather in totally different style... also Sedah's clothing isn't even near to any from any Nanoha series ¬_¬ (to violent gothic punk style... not proper for children XD). Not ot mention her psychodelic personality profile ^^' (My weird imagination nods here)

In fact whole Mahou Shoujo have similarities amongs them.

Ribbon on legs... didn't ever notice :/... also those on hair are a bit different (in 4 stripes not double) I think it was from TsuyoKiss... but don't remember in how many anime and manga it appeard...

It' normal that some similarities appear but we cannot spread paranoya like those saying that Rito from To Love Ru is copy of Kazuki Muto from Busou Renkin (DAMMIT PEOPLE! Only their hair and fact that both wear shirts makes them similar!)

Y'know what.... U interested me. Find some look-alikes to rest of my works once You'll have time XD ! I'm curious about results ^^

EDIT: Oh about the book... dammit it's fact but... I had to draw book for Hasdiel since in stories she's meant to have Diligo Lirbi (Book of Love - Book that was meant to have written God's knowledge about interpersonal meaning and signs of love)... Same goes for a venus sign... since Hasdiel is called Angel of Venus ^^' (now prime would check connection with Sailor Moon stories for sure XD.... unfortunately this time I dunno if there are any since I didn't watch Sailor Moon ^^'... yeah... I just signed own name in death note saying that... all crazy Sailor Moon girls would start hunting for me XD )

It's more and more lively.... but where's MY JUICE BTW XD?

show me the juice........show me the juice XD .........

Y'know what.... U interested me. Find some look-alikes to rest of my works once You'll have time XD ! I'm curious about results ^^
    Well, you've drawn at least two characters with slitted dresses, narrow eyes and high ponytails...
    Ah, forget it. It's not like anything is original any more.

Note the name of the character the theme in the last video belongs to. Now look at the name of the first guy in this. :rolleyes:
    Also, this and this. And there's far more than that in the series...

Why did they stop making Boost bars? :(

.......... Ok, that was weird. I know at least 10 people that would be afraid of You now Prime and at least another 10 that would start worrying about You XD.

I must admit that nothing is 100% original... never was. Philosophicaly You can say that if Your human have legs hands or eyes You already used references... but how the hell draw human without any human things??... That's when we come to something I call total absurd... (even if most of people call it paradox XD).

I'll try end up colouring my angel today... wish me luck ^^

EDIT: OH, and bring here some pringles XD! I'm hungry XD

GEEEEEZ.... no pringless.... I'll go buy some myself at lunch ;P

(No Pringles = No Art ^^ )

(No Pringles = No Art ^^ )

Hey thats not fair :O? *gives u pringles* Now get that angel up asap :D.

• Advertisement

Bad news:

Hasdiel final piece would appear most probably in monday...

I'll try to post "work in progress" piece to show YOu guys how does it look halfway and... that I AM doing something with it. I just didn't had time to end it and on today I fly for a weekend... back in Monday. It's just impossible to end it today ^^'

Once again: Gomen nasai ^^'

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Irlandesaaa

wow they're way so gorgeous!!! I'm fierce impressed with ya colouring techinque...I just can't colour ¬¬ my drawings are mostly plain...(I'm gonna post some of my work here sometime) but sure, grand work!! I loved!!

wow they're way so gorgeous!!! I'm fierce impressed with ya colouring techinque...I just can't colour ¬¬ my drawings are mostly plain...(I'm gonna post some of my work here sometime) but sure, grand work!! I loved!!

Well:

First of all thanks ^^ !

I dunno if my colouring is really good but at least since it's 100% hand made it's quite original in this times XD

Also: If You have some works: Dont' hesitate!! Open even own threat and show them! SHOW THEM !! THEEEEMM *got hitted in head*... ehem yeah, I did went bit overboard ^^'... anyway be sure I would check'n'comment them qall so be prepared XD!!

I have another suggestion: I f You really like my colouring maybe You would give me some of Your works to colour them for You? I would be pleased ^^

And at last on info about Hasdiel:

I didn't post "work in progress" since my scanner stuck and I had to go to catch the plane ¬_¬.... In exchange today the final piece would appear most probably with some other (most probably uncoloured...) drawing...
    I hope noone send me a bomb or microbiological warfare stuff by post for not uploading new works... because I received some letters (still unopened) and they seem a bit fishy.......... I would open them after work.

I have another suggestion: I f You really like my colouring maybe You would give me some of Your works to colour them for You? I would be pleased ^^

Wow thats nice of you :O.

I hope noone send me a bomb or microbiological warfare stuff by post for not uploading new works... because I received some letters (still unopened) and they seem a bit fishy.......... I would open them after work

Ya there the bombs I sent you over the weekend :-P Theres also some anthrax in those letters :-P XD.

Wow thats nice of you :O.
    No... why... I just like to help ^^ (that's why every girl I meet end up as my friend.... never as a girlfriend XD)

Ya there the bombs I sent you over the weekend :-P Theres also some anthrax in those letters :-P XD.

I knew it ! I knew it since I saw the biohazard sign on them ^^ ! I never received X-mas letter with such sign...

mwhaha get more drawings up soon and the bomb sending will stop :-)

Hasdiel___the_angel_by_Dandare_Rastaban.jpg

wow,thats really cool dude,keep it up...........the bomb sending and nuclear radioactivity material shall cease....................for now mwhahahaha :DXD

wow,thats really cool dude,keep it up...........the bomb sending and nuclear radioactivity material shall cease....................for now mwhahahaha :DXD

I'm glad about that.

Today I fix lineart for the new drawing... maybe I would even have time to colour it ^_^

Tell me Seph... since I have over 1k views on this topic: Why only U and Prime comment recently XD?

C'mon, people. Get here with some ideas or just plain comments ... or requests maybe? I don't bite... well... maybe sometimes... but not to often :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Tell me Seph... since I have over 1k views on this topic: Why only U and Prime comment recently XD?

I guess some people just dont appreciate fine art when they see it.
    C'mon, people. Get here with some ideas or just plain comments ... or requests maybe? I don't bite... well... maybe sometimes... but not to often :rolleyes:

stop biting people also :-P

Advertisement